The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

PVP bomber race does it matter?

Rebirthment
Rebirthment
✭✭✭✭
Been thinking about making my bosmer nightblade into a bomber and i recently got 2 VD swords from elite vendors (2nd one on my 1st box!!) But does the difference between a non optimal race vs high/dark elf make a big difference when it comes to building a bomber? the spell damage lost seems quite a bit but id rather not race change to something niche
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It’s not a huge difference as far as spell damage, but there is more of a cumulative difference once you consider you will have less magicka than a high elf would for instance.

My magden bomber is Breton and my magblade bomber is High elf. My sorc bomber is Dark elf. They are each pretty effective, but I prefer magden because of major breach from deep fissure.

I bomb inside organized groups for reference, compared to the suicide bomb on flags/repair crews.
    Edited by Kartalin on November 21, 2020 6:42AM
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • NoFlash
    NoFlash
    ✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    It’s not a huge difference as far as spell damage, but there is more of a cumulative difference once you consider you will have less magicka than a high elf would for instance.

My magden bomber is Breton and my magblade bomber is High elf. My sorc bomber is Dark elf. They are each pretty effective, but I prefer magden because of major breach from deep fissure.

I bomb inside organized groups for reference, compared to the suicide bomb on flags/repair crews.

Would you happen to have any clips of magden bombing? I am interested
    Daggerfall Covenant

The Ninja Squirrels
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This first one is a single bomb clip versus another organized group (Legion of Mordor), I was told by one of their members that I hit a 15k proxy det with 12k vicious death:

https://youtu.be/fbmGhmoIp40

This second video is a compilation from the IC event, I’m bombing in the first 60% or so and healing on the remainder.

https://youtu.be/od4dJM1q1JA
    • PC/NA
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Those are no cp btw.
    • PC/NA
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you can find a way to roll dodge without alerting the enemy to your presence (I am assuming a Nightblade can do this), that will add 1500 penetration to your Bosmer bomber. :-)

I doubt that is as much extra damage as the higher tooltip that max mag + spell damage will give you. But it is something.
  • Crash427
    Crash427
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    If you can find a way to roll dodge without alerting the enemy to your presence (I am assuming a Nightblade can do this), that will add 1500 penetration to your Bosmer bomber. :-)

I doubt that is as much extra damage as the higher tooltip that max mag + spell damage will give you. But it is something.

With the changes to balorgh and the NB passives you dont really need any extra pen.