Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stam DPS in trials

Ringing_Nirnroot
Ringing_Nirnroot
✭✭✭✭✭
Are there any guilds that accept stamina dps anymore? Besides vas 2 or vcr 3, I don’t see why I can’t be accepted in a core team.. I’ve managed to complete vmol and vss (pug run) on my stamplar but never been able to find a team to run with :’)
  • flavmad09
    flavmad09
    Definately. I'm a stam DK and I have no problems doing content with my guild. I'd suggest to keep looking.
  • Milchbart
    Milchbart
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are there any guilds that accept stamina dps anymore?

Yes.
    I'm in two of them.

• colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Id say don't be rushed into the very core at first, most would ask more then just a pug experience and good parses anyway. Find some guilds you're comfortable with (and make sure they are comfortable with you also) and then perform as best as you can so invite into the core team can be inevitable.

Surely stamina is not a problem same as magicka wasn't when stam compositions were the way to go.
  • VoidCommander
    VoidCommander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I reckon that we all band together, us stamina dps. I just got booted from "UNDAUNTED INSOMNIACS" conqueror (highest trial rank) because I had the AUDACITY to question why a 102k dps stamplar was not allowed into a vSS hardmode prog. They don't even have enough people with the rank to fill, and they are filling it instead with people pulling 70-80k. Its not like bringing in 2-3 stamina dps are going to make the trial impossible, ESPECIALLY when we are talking about stamplars. If you are PC NA and are a stamina dps who hates the injustice of not getting these big achievements on your main character because you are stam, send me an in game mail and we'll show that stamina is more than viable. This elitist *** needs to stop.
  • Ringing_Nirnroot
    Ringing_Nirnroot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I reckon that we all band together, us stamina dps. I just got booted from "UNDAUNTED INSOMNIACS" conqueror (highest trial rank) because I had the AUDACITY to question why a 102k dps stamplar was not allowed into a vSS hardmode prog. They don't even have enough people with the rank to fill, and they are filling it instead with people pulling 70-80k. Its not like bringing in 2-3 stamina dps are going to make the trial impossible, ESPECIALLY when we are talking about stamplars. If you are PC NA and are a stamina dps who hates the injustice of not getting these big achievements on your main character because you are stam, send me an in game mail and we'll show that stamina is more than viable. This elitist *** needs to stop.

I’m console sadly and get treated the same haha, I wouldn’t mind switching to pc
  • VoidCommander
    VoidCommander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Ringing_Nirnroot
    If you switch to pc, mail me in game. I'll hook you up with leveling gear and we'll get you squared away
  • montiferus
    montiferus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is definitely harder to get in than with Mag but its certainly possible at least on PC NA. I am in a few trial guilds and they let me run my stamplar.
  • VoidCommander
    VoidCommander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Ringing_Nirnroot
    Are they letting you into hardmode trial content? That is the specific area of the game I'm trying to complete.
  • Ringing_Nirnroot
    Ringing_Nirnroot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Ringing_Nirnroot
    Are they letting you into hardmode trial content? That is the specific area of the game I'm trying to complete.

I haven’t gone that far into the endgame content but I’m good enough to be able to complete it just on vet, however no one is wanting me because I’m a stam, at worse for them a stamplar. I’ve managed to get 2 vet dlc trial completes just by pugging and trust me it was so hard to even get in those. Most guilds just don’t want stam
  • r3turn2s3nd3r
    r3turn2s3nd3r
    ✭✭✭✭
    Assuming groups are optimizing, the problem comes down to optimizing support roles. It's simply inefficient to try and spec support to accommodate both mag and stam in the same group. It's one or the other otherwise your group is sub-optimal.

Second, it's actually more of a ranged vs melee thing than it is a mag vs stam thing. It's just that mag wins here as they're far better suited to range than stam.

There have been all stam groups that have cleared vAS HM using bow / bow builds so it can be done. The hardest part though will be finding 7 other stam DDs and then tanks / healers that have the requisite sets to support them
  • Scardan
    Scardan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am reading all the time that stamDDs are better DDs then magDDs, now I am confused. Is mag DD meta now?

Let's be extremely precise in our use of terms.
  • Ringing_Nirnroot
    Ringing_Nirnroot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scardan wrote: »
    I am reading all the time that stamDDs are better DDs then magDDs, now I am confused. Is mag DD meta now?
    It’s preferred over stam now. I’m on Xbox and no one is accepting me
  • iksde
    iksde
    ✭✭✭✭
    Scardan wrote: »

game mechanics are favorizing so much magica dps over stamina even when they have 10k, 15k lower dps
    mechanics, mechanics and again mechanics very favorizing magica dps to be able do them more efficient along with magica being mostly always also for ranged dps unles stam which is mostly only in melee