Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

Low writ rewards?

prof-dracko
prof-dracko
✭✭✭✭✭
Since the Q3 dungeon update I noticed that almost every writ I'm getting for smith/wood/clothes is only worth 7 or less vouchers. Yesterday I had a Hazardous Alchemy styled one, epic quality for just 7. This doesn't seem right. I've got quite a few now, and none are worth doing. Has this changed or am I remembering something wrong, because I swear about a year ago ZOS said they were fixing the reward rates for more expensive-to-craft writs.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're just suffering from a poor RNG streak, @prof-dracko . :/

Once the game has rolled successfully for a master writ on daily turn-in, there is then another roll for the writ quality and voucher amount.

It can get streaky sometimes.

One thing you can do is make sure your motif styles are all learned to maximize your modifier for master writ drops.

But, even after that, the voucher amount will still be a random event.

• B0SSzombie
    B0SSzombie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the past week I had a Gold Blacksmith Master Writ for ~320 Writs and a Gold Woodworking Master Wrist for 60 Writs.

The Values are all over the place, as per usual.
  • prof-dracko
    prof-dracko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well that sucks, but I can't complain about luck. Thanks for the answers.
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Worth noting: If I recall correctly, the only master writs that had their voucher amounts altered were the jewelry ones which saw a dramatic increase across the board, along with the addition of "blue" level master writs.

Non-nirnhoned master writ rewards seem to fall into the categories below:
    - Epic (purple) clothing, woodworking shield/weapons and blacksmithing armor/weapons = 4-9 vouchers
    - Legendary (gold) woodworking = 40-80 vouchers
    - Legendary clothing = 45-90 vouchers
    - Legendary blacksmithing (armor) = 45-90 vouchers
    - Legendary blacksmithing (weapons) = 75-150 vouchers

Master writs requiring nirnhoned pieces seem to roughly double the reward with the exception of epic nirnhoned staves/bows which jump to 40-50 vouchers instead of the 16-20 that the body pieces run. (I'm not sure about epic, nirnhoned metal weapons as I don't recall doing any of those in recent years, but I would think they'd follow the woodworking weapon model of 40-50.

Alchemy is going to be 2 vouchers for poisons, 5 vouchers for potions.

Provisioning will be 2 vouchers for standard food/drink, and 40 vouchers for legendary recipes (most of which require perfect roe).

Enchanting I think is 2 vouchers for purple, 5-7 for gold, and the Hakeijo-made ones run either 13 (Hakeijo + Rekuta) and something like 36 (Hakeijo + Kuta) (I can never remember the values for these since they're so few and far between for me).

Blue jewelry is around 26-30 vouchers, not sure where the purple thresholds are anymore since I insta-delete them... 75-150 maybe... I know the gold jewelry writs can reward >600 vouchers for the right combination. (I have done exactly ONE gold jewelry writ to earn the achievement for gold jewelry construction and it was worth 630-ish vouchers).
    Edited by Feric51 on December 16, 2020 8:28PM
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feric51 wrote: »
    Worth noting: If I recall correctly, the only master writs that had their voucher amounts altered were the jewelry ones which saw a dramatic increase across the board, along with the addition of "blue" level master writs.

- Epic (purple) clothing, woodworking shield/weapons and blacksmithing armor/weapons = 4-9 vouchers

Master writs requiring nirnhoned pieces seem to roughly double the reward with the exception of epic nirnhoned staves/bows which jump to 40-50 vouchers instead of the 16-20 that the body pieces run. (I'm not sure about epic, nirnhoned metal weapons as I don't recall doing any of those in recent years, but I would think they'd follow the woodworking weapon model of 40-50.

Provisioning will be 2 vouchers for standard food/drink, and 40 vouchers for legendary recipes (most of which require perfect roe).

Enchanting I think is 2 vouchers for purple, 5-7 for gold, and the Hakeijo-made ones run either 13 (Hakeijo + Rekuta) and something like 36 (Hakeijo + Kuta) (I can never remember the values for these since they're so few and far between for me).

Blue jewelry is around 26-30 vouchers, not sure where the purple thresholds are anymore since I insta-delete them... 75-150 maybe... I know the gold jewelry writs can reward >600 vouchers for the right combination. (I have done exactly ONE gold jewelry writ to earn the achievement for gold jewelry construction and it was worth 630-ish vouchers).

Pretty much this.

Nirnhoned body seems to be x2 multiplier... Nirnhoned weapons a x4 multiplier

Enchanting w/ Hakeijo can be 12 or 13, with legendary at 36 or 40

I've gotten a few blacksmithing weapons up to 300+ vouchers for legendary gold
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »

Pretty much this.

I'm still holding onto the forlorn hope that someday either I will be wealthy enough to not care about the cost of making tons of jewelry master writs or that ZOS will make a meaningful change to the jewelry system so that it isn't as expensive.
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Pretty much this.

I'm still holding onto the forlorn hope that someday either I will be wealthy enough to not care about the cost of making tons of jewelry master writs or that ZOS will make a meaningful change to the jewelry system so that it isn't as expensive.

The only way that jewelry writs will ever be truly affordable to me would be for deconstruction of rings/necklaces to award a full plating rather than a grain.

I have a pretty decent stash of green/blue platings thanks to daily crafting writs, so I'll do most blue master writs that require one of the basic traits, but refuse to do any purple or gold-level ones.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Excellent summary. This one would only add that he has seen purple jewelry writs go as high as 202 vouchers.
    PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Pretty much this.

The "cheaper" blue jewelry writs (arcane, robust, healthy) along with the non-Triune purple jewelry writs are actually a better deal on a per voucher basis to do than many of the other master writs you get, such as
    1. any non-nirnhoned Gold Clothing master writ
    2. any gold provisioning master writ that uses perfect roe
    3. any non-nirnhoned PURPLE woodworking master writ (as Mastic is really expensive)
    4. any Purple Hakeijo Enchanting master writ
    (5. some low level Gold Blacksmithing writs are right about the same, some more some less)

All 4 of these examples have a higher cost per voucher than many of the jewelry master writs, so they aren't as unreasonable as many make them out to be.

With per-voucher prices actually increasing on PC/NA, I'm actually doing some more of those jewelry writs to make a small profit.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • Obsidian3
    Obsidian3
    ✭✭✭✭
    not sure where the purple thresholds are anymore since I insta-delete them....

Isn't this the truth!!