The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Upgrade weapons ?

Castagere
Castagere
✭✭✭✭✭
I have four weapons that I would like to upgrade to gold. I just don't know what the cost of doing it would be. I am not a big crafter so I don't have the levels for it. How would I ask for advice or help with this? The weapons are two one-hand swords a great sword and a bow.
Edited by Castagere on December 2, 2020 8:08PM
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If they are not bind on pickup gear, and if you have not equipped the items and bound them, I believe you can hand them off to a crafter to upgrade for you. If they are bound, only you can upgrade them. Any character of any crafting level can upgrade an item, but as you progress crafting, you unlock passives that reduce the upgrade materials needed. Basically, if you are not experienced in crafting, you can still upgrade to gold, but it will cost more materials and thus be more expensive.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    If they are not bind on pickup gear, and if you have not equipped the items and bound them, I believe you can hand them off to a crafter to upgrade for you. If they are bound, only you can upgrade them. Any character of any crafting level can upgrade an item, but as you progress crafting, you unlock passives that reduce the upgrade materials needed. Basically, if you are not experienced in crafting, you can still upgrade to gold, but it will cost more materials and thus be more expensive.
    This is correct, I strongly advice to level up one caracter to max crafting, recommend the first as in the one you do all the quests and skyshards on.
    You do want to upgrade weapons to gold and this will be very expensive without maxing out the tempering expertise, last skill in blacksmithing, tailoring, woodworking and jevelery.
    You have to upgrade dungeon and trial gear yourself.

Simply deconstruct anything intricate you get and you get up to level 50 fast.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Castagere
    Castagere
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you, guys. I have to do it myself then.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Its only 9 skill points to get the resins expertise for woodworking, clothing, and blacksmithing. Its worth it
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're still a low lvl character (below lvl 810) dont upgrade to gold. the weapon will be trash as soon as you hit lvl 50 and beyond, the materials will be wasted.

Do what you want, and makes you happy of course, the above is just advice.
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

PC/NA, i7 with 32 gigs of ram, nVME cards and an nVidea 1060 over fiber.
    I don't play through Steam, ever.
  • Chyro
    Chyro
    twev wrote: »
    If you're still a low lvl character (below lvl 810) dont upgrade to gold. the weapon will be trash as soon as you hit lvl 50 and beyond, the materials will be wasted.

Do what you want, and makes you happy of course, the above is just advice.

Uh .. just a little correction. 'below lvl 810' should rather be 'below cp160' - since cp160 is the maximum level on any gear / item. I assume you meant cp810 which is the maximum cp a char can distribute, but this does not affect gear which is capped out at cp160 already.