Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

Official Discussion Thread for "Celebrate a Year of Adventure with the New Life Festival Event"

ZOS_SarahHecker
ZOS_SarahHecker
✭✭✭✭✭
dbzxz6mirubs.png
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article "Celebrate a Year of Adventure with the New Life Festival Event"

Earn bonus XP and rewards during the New Life Festival in-game event and celebrate another year of adventure in Tamriel!
Staff Post
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome back Brenda and Merry Fishmas!

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this is going to be the last Indrik evolution, is there any need to store 4 feathers in the collectibles? Or will storing feathers after having all evolutions and the base indrik be a waste of event tickets.
  • Palindiil
    Palindiil
    ✭✭✭
    Please consider adjusting this and making the 2019 berries available again. I have an incomplete indrik cluttering up my collections!
  • albesca
    albesca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Palindiil wrote: »
    Please consider adjusting this and making the 2019 berries available again. I have an incomplete indrik cluttering up my collections!

Also, it would be nice if all the pets associated with the various indrik's evolutions would be brought back in the impresario shop
    PC EU

Khajiit has no time for you
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We do not have any plans for new Indrik variations in the future or to bring back the 2019 evolutions at this time.
    Staff Post
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Crimson Indrik will be ESO’s final Indrik evolution, so don’t hesitate to snatch up this striking red mount!

Final ? As if no more Indriks ever ? So Elder Indriks Online is over ? I certainly hope so... Would be a huge relief tbh. :D:joy:
    We do not have any plans for new Indrik variations in the future or to bring back the 2019 evolutions at this time.
    I just saw that post lol :D
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on December 15, 2020 3:44PM
  • xgoku1
    xgoku1
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why is it just 2020's berries for New Life 2020? Seems odd considering it's the last Indrik variant and it would allow people to complete incomplete berries obtained during previous events? With 19 days of New Life it would be enough to complete the odd ones left + complete Crimson
    Edited by xgoku1 on December 15, 2020 4:07PM
  • CyberOnEso
    CyberOnEso
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I would certainly appreciate the 2019 Indrik's being brought back at some point/ during this upcoming event.
    @CyberOnEso PC | EU - Jack of all Trades - Armory Style Manager Planesbreaker | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
  • Bynski
    Bynski

So leaving the 2019 berries in Fragments is just a fun little slap in the face to the players?
  • Radiance
    Radiance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I've collected literally all of them but they should be brought back so everyone has one last opportunity to get them. I'd venture to guess there are countless people who've only just begun playing that never got the chance.

And i'm sure there is profit to be made by selling tickets to the wealthy collectors so I'm surprised it's not already on the table...
    Edited by Radiance on December 15, 2020 4:28PM
  • FaceDancer
    FaceDancer
    ✭✭
    I'm excited to see what do you guys give us the next year, don't think the tickets will be over but I hope you are planning something to replace the indriks for the next events
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bynski wrote: »

So leaving the 2019 berries in Fragments is just a fun little slap in the face to the players?

Indeed... but ZOS never did that in the past. There was always some event, some point in the year where you could get certain item(s). If this is true, than it's really strange... to have an incomplete collection of fragments just like that.
  • MajThorax
    MajThorax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn I wanted the old berries as well. I have everything from 2020 😢
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Glad to see motif pages not locked into a grab bag this time. Not that the grab bag was a bad idea for catching up on collectables, just bad for achievement items. You can use it for the old berries for those still wanting to collect the berries they missed going forward.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

They did return all the 2019 berries during last year's NL festival, so the only players who would have 2019 fragments had the opportunity to get them last year.

I'm rather disappointed that they didn't put all the old mementos (that don't stack and can't be banked except in a guild bank), into grab bags for purchase at the Impresario (similar to Witches Festival). These are already worthless, and while I managed to sell them last year at dirt cheap prices, I'll probably end up just destroying them this year. I don't have the space to hold onto them to sell later for more gold.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    FaceDancer wrote: »
    I'm excited to see what do you guys give us the next year, don't think the tickets will be over but I hope you are planning something to replace the indriks for the next events

I hope they are more creative than just another type of mount broken into fragments, with various evolutions.
  • Zulera301
    Zulera301
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did anyone do the Imperial quest in PTS back in the day? And if so what did it entail?
    Shortly after the formation of the Ebonheart Pact, a Nord woman was given a tour of the Tribunal Temple. When later asked about the experience, she seemed upset. Suffice to say, the Dunmer were not pleased to hear this, and thus they inquired further.
    "Well," the Nord frowned, "the priests were very angry and unwelcoming. They kept shouting things at me like "you can't drink that mead in here!" and "somebody stop her, she's running naked!" and "we can't catch her; she's covered in grease!""
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Aw, that's unfortunate. Would have loved to be able to get the first one since I missed it. Especially since that's the one that matches the Jephrine Paladin style from earlier.
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Thanks for the update!

Hopefully they come back at some point. I started late 2019 and have a couple berries but no actual mount ><;
    PC NA
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope that Brenda's mead is brewed extra-strong this year. It was more of a year to obliterate from memory than to celebrate.... :p
  • dovakiineb17_ESO
    i have all indriks, so i am fine with them leaving :D
    but are there plans for a new mount we can get for event tickets?
    @zenimax nothing specific only a hint pls
  • KaGaOri
    KaGaOri
    ✭✭✭✭

On one hand it's sad since I've been looking forward to this event in hopes to get 2019 indriks since 2020 started. On the other ZOS just saved me the money likely blown on crowns to get enough tickets for four more indriks, so ... yeah.

(Will be left with 46 / 49 purposeless tickets lying around after getting last berry and pet, though. Style pages can be bought with gold and gathering feathers again seems pointless now.)
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    KaGaOri wrote: »

On one hand it's sad since I've been looking forward to this event in hopes to get 2019 indriks since 2020 started. On the other ZOS just saved me the money likely blown on crowns to get enough tickets for four more indriks, so ... yeah.

(Will be left with 46 / 49 purposeless tickets lying around after getting last berry and pet, though. Style pages can be bought with gold and gathering feathers again seems pointless now.)

If you have nothing more to spend tickets on, might as well buy style pages and then leave some for the next event. Can't keep more than 12 anyway.

That's assuming that you already have a nascent indrik and a full set of feathers to make a new one after evolving.
    Edited by Nairinhe on December 15, 2020 7:45PM
  • Josira
    Josira
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hope that Brenda's mead is brewed extra-strong this year. It was more of a year to obliterate from memory than to celebrate.... :p

Covid-19 truly did tick all the boxes as to what it means to be a vampire.
    "BlooD FReNZy TicKS aLL thE BoXes of WhaT iT mEanS tO bE a VaMpiRe"
  • Bynski
    Bynski
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »

They did return all the 2019 berries during last year's NL festival, so the only players who would have 2019 fragments had the opportunity to get them last year.

Yep, they sure did. The announcement last year gives no indication at all that it would be the last opportunity for 2019 Indrik berries. In fact, the way it is phrased in last years announcement "ALL previous Indrik Berries (!)" and the absence of any information to the contrary, made it quite reasonable to believe that the catch up opportunity would come again. During the event last year, players were making choices about how to spend tickets with incorrect information.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »

Yep, they sure did. The announcement last year gives no indication at all that it would be the last opportunity for 2019 Indrik berries. In fact, the way it is phrased in last years announcement "ALL previous Indrik Berries (!)" and the absence of any information to the contrary, made it quite reasonable to believe that the catch up opportunity would come again. During the event last year, players were making choices about how to spend tickets with incorrect information.

But the berries so far have been framed as a year long type collection. So it isn't surprising that this years festival only has berries from this year. And isn't this the first year where there were berries from a previous year? So there really is no precedent here for this yet. This year is setting the precedent, that follows still from what they did last year.

But really, get the items during the events when they are available. It's as simple as that and perfectly doable. Worrying about missing items from years ago isn't really useful. There are items from before I started this game that I would love to have, but they aren't available anymore and I wouldn't expect them to be available anymore.
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_SarahHecker

So no more berries and Indrik's after this event means the following:
    1. If you do not get the 2020 berries during this event you have lost out of ever completing them.
    2. If you are missing any berries from before 2020 you have lost out of ever completing them.
    3 The four Nascent Indrik Feathers are also never to be seen again after this event.

Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • Kiyakotari
    Kiyakotari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still just want the stupid pet indrik from 2019 that matches the Onyx Indrik. I got the tickets for it last year, but didn't get my butt over to the Impresario in time and she despawned before I could buy it.
  • Kallykat
    Kallykat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm also missing the pet that matches the Onyx Indrik from 2019. I don't remember what happened there, but it's the only Indrik I'm missing out of pets and mounts...

I'm a little sad to see Indriks end, to be honest. I know most people are tired of their variations, but I liked them. Plus I would have loved a purple one.

I also hate that I'm probably going to be wasting tickets in this event since all I need to buy is the last berry and the pet. I guess I'll just have to decide what to blow the rest on, or I just won't participate by the end of the season.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nice to see one brand-new quest. Thanks.

Since this is the end (finally) of the berries and Indriks it would have been a goodwill part on ZOS to allow all the previous berries and pets available to those they want them.

Be safe and have fun :)