Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

More small apartments plz

Cladius30
Cladius30
✭✭✭✭✭
Can we have more small unique apartments please. Not everyone wants a giant castle or
million acre cave home.
  • MajThorax
    MajThorax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you mean the inn rooms or?
  • Faiza
    Faiza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree. More of the 200 slot homes would be perfect. It's really difficult to decorate huge houses, even 600 slots can be overwhelming.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MajThorax wrote: »
    Do you mean the inn rooms or?

No, apartments. The inn rooms have so few furnishing slots. The inn rooms in Vivec City, Alinor and Rimmen are lovely but would be even better as apartments IMO! :) The small to medium homes with lots of furnishing slots are some of the most fun to decorate in part because I don’t have to worry about the furnishing limit at all! I also love my Gornir Estate and Moonsugar Meadow but I do keep the furnishing limits and thus the impact of furnishings placed in mind as I decorate.

There are areas of the game too where there aren’t many housing options and are doors that aren’t in use (Balmorra being foremost in my mind) where new apartments would be most welcome!
    Edited by Araneae6537 on December 1, 2020 11:55PM
  • Ruhlf
    Ruhlf
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. I love decorating the smaller houses. They feel more in keeping with my character.

I still would like more Thief-style homes about the size of a small apartment - but with a hidden entrance somewhere in a main city. Like if you went behind a building, and entered through the basement. Just one or two rooms and a cool feature like an open well or a small cave. Something to give it a little bit of a vibe.

But just regular apartments would be nice too. It would be cool to live in Markarth... but not in a giant house.
  • etchedpixels
    etchedpixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also found it much more fun working on the smaller ones.

There are a bunch of spots that have nothing where new ones could be added eg an end of the world bolt-hole in the imperial sewers.

Too many toons not enough time
  • WolvedOut
    WolvedOut
    ✭✭
    And Apartments in DLC zones! I was looking forward to Markarth, expecting some type of smaller house to be there, and when it went live, there was only a giant house at the edge of the city, which was a bummer. Decorating small homes is a blast.I took my Hall of the Lunar Champion and didn't place the tablets down, so it would remain a smaller house!
    Discord: SoldieredOut
    Always Ready, Always There!
  • Ruhlf
    Ruhlf
    ✭✭✭
    I would love to live in that second, closed-off wizard tower in the new Reach zone. The one along the road just north of the Wildspear Clan Camp. It would be just the right size for my characters.

The inside of those towers are really just a few rooms, but the layouts are so nice.

The new housing coming December, which is again huge, is also a little too wacky in theme for me. Although I’m glad it’s there for people with magic-based characters who might want exactly that (:
  • WolvedOut
    WolvedOut
    ✭✭
    I figured that the Snow globe house would be a smaller house, but alas, it's a big ole' boy.
    Discord: SoldieredOut
    Always Ready, Always There!
  • Ruhlf
    Ruhlf
    ✭✭✭
    Orsinium could really use an apartment in the city too. Would love to set up a small home for my Orc there.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smaller houses in general would be nice, the community has been asking for them for ages. Sometimes they make houses marked as medium, like Frostvault Chasm, but they are actually pretty big, and the limit is not nearly enough. I would like more medium houses in the size of Dawnshadow, I think both interior and exterior and a nice balance between spacious and cozy, and easier to decorate fully with the slot limit.
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WolvedOut wrote: »
    And Apartments in DLC zones! I was looking forward to Markarth, expecting some type of smaller house to be there, and when it went live, there was only a giant house at the edge of the city, which was a bummer. Decorating small homes is a blast.I took my Hall of the Lunar Champion and didn't place the tablets down, so it would remain a smaller house!

I don't understand why Vlindrel Hall isn't a player house. I'm not sure what purpose in quests the Vlindrel Hall we got might serve, but it seems it ought to be an apartment.
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ruhlf wrote: »
    Orsinium could really use an apartment in the city too. Would love to set up a small home for my Orc there.

So could Lilmoth.
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • Ruhlf
    Ruhlf
    ✭✭✭
    WolvedOut wrote: »

I don't understand why Vlindrel Hall isn't a player house. I'm not sure what purpose in quests the Vlindrel Hall we got might serve, but it seems it ought to be an apartment.

The exterior of Blind Cliff Cave/Bastion/Towers is also present in the new DLC - but doesn’t seem to be implemented. I wonder if more will be unlocked in Markarth? It’s clear a lot of work went into it and I’d love to explore it more.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faiza wrote: »
    I agree. More of the 200 slot homes would be perfect. It's really difficult to decorate huge houses, even 600 slots can be overwhelming.

You don't have to use all the slots. I have 5 houses of all different sizes decorated and have only used slightly more than half the slots available for each, yet they look pretty filled in. I have no idea how I could possibly add more items without making them look like a cluttered mess.
    PCNA
  • volkeswagon
    volkeswagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, small homes are easier to furnish. I haven't bought any of the new notable homes lately because they are too big for 700 slots. I always wanted a ship house without the huge cavern around it. Just the ship.
  • Taggund
    Taggund
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was hoping for a small home in the new zone as well. I first started off collecting all the inns (primarily for travel use), and then the staple homes.

i also want a ship. It could be at a city dock, though being at a dock in a cove some where would be preferred. Don't really want more than just the ship (maybe some small dock space), and I could see it working in multiple locations.
  • Ruhlf
    Ruhlf
    ✭✭✭
    Taggund wrote: »
    I was hoping for a small home in the new zone as well. I first started off collecting all the inns (primarily for travel use), and then the staple homes.

i also want a ship. It could be at a city dock, though being at a dock in a cove some where would be preferred. Don't really want more than just the ship (maybe some small dock space), and I could see it working in multiple locations.

What about a little houseboat as a staple home? Not a huge pirate ship, but a smaller boat with one or two rooms below deck, and a little bit of a dock as “yard space.”