The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

magcro changes idea

brandsnipe
brandsnipe
✭✭✭
-change ricochet skull to something that does more damage to enemies under 40% health and adds a dot
-increase the duration of skeletal arcanist to 20-22 seconds and add minor sorcery. consuming a corpse refreshes the duration of both morphs.
-stalking blastbones does more damage based on distance traveled not chasing enemies

add more to put magcro in a better spot.
Edited by brandsnipe on December 12, 2020 11:37AM
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skull is already a great skill. It has a built-in execute because passives make it crit 100% against enemies below 25% health. It shouldn’t get a DoT because it is a spammable, and any DoT would encourage not using it as a spammable (like scalding rune or flame reach).

I agree that Arcanist could be 20s to time better with all the 10s DoTs. However it definitely should not have Minor Sorcery, this buff is the only thing keeping Templars remotely relevant in groups (buff Magicka Templar please, they are a good 10k behind other DPS classes). They already lost their monopoly on Minor Breach, and their off-heals from Ritual of Retribution.

And yes, Stalking Blastbones needs a new morph effect. Ramping up damage with distance would be fine, and serve to separate the melee stamcro from the ranged magcro. I also think it would be nice for the Magicka Blastbones to reach the target quicker, allowing it to be cast every 3rd skill even from 28m range (no bonus damage for distance in this case, the faster leap would be the morph effect). The current variation in rotation based on distance makes Necro tricky for beginners and widens the skill gap.
    Options
  • Ryuvain
    Ryuvain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we get a melee minion for necro please? Want to play a traditional npc necro instead of the player version.
    That one khajiit obsessed with werewolf behemoth and vampire lord. Lady Thorn is bae, dont @ me.
    Werewolf behemoth=vampire lord>blood scion>werewolf>vampire.
    Options
  • ImSoPro
    ImSoPro
    ✭✭✭
    Minor sorcery on arcanist would make that skill so much more worthwhile. I also think blastbones should apply a secondary effect but the effect should change based on weapon type like impulse. Frost staff blastbones could chill and apply minor brittle. Flame staff blastbones could apply burning status effect to tie in with flame impulse maybe, and apply minor vulnerability? Lightning staff blastbones could slow and concuss the enemy while leaving an aoe dot on the ground at the site of explosion. As far as skulls I think they just need travel speed increase to make them harder to dodge roll. They travel so slow people have time to make breakfast come back and still dodge roll it.

Just these 3 changes would make magcro so much better. You could even throw the 3 different effects out the window and just keep blastbones as is while adding minor vulnerability and that would be fine or let magcros instacast every 2nd or 3rd blastbones for more damage and less cost crystal frags style. The distance traveled morph just has to go
    Edited by ImSoPro on December 12, 2020 2:31PM
    Options