The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Better non-dlc sets for Necro

DigiAngel
DigiAngel
✭✭✭✭✭
Topic. I'm making it a challenge to not get any of the DLC's (so far...we'll see if I cave ;)). I'm using Mother's Sorrow and Magnus Gift pieces. Looks like some of the dungeon content ones...Spider Cult gear and what not. Anything better than what I'm using already? Thanks.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Medusa can be used instead of Mother's Sorrow

Julianos is always strong

Treasure Hunter? It got a rework

BSW is an easy body set to farm, not so much for weapons and jewelry

Elemental Succession. Can farm it on normal and it drops all the time
  • DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you I will look those up...sadly it looked like Julianos was a DLS required set.
  • F22nickell
    F22nickell
    ✭✭✭
    Mother's Sorrow is a solid set. If playing base game and not doing trials, I would stick with it for a magic user. Medusa is comparable but it comes in Heavy so, if playing a Magic Necro, you will need to farm for the 3 Jewelry pieces and probably Destruction staves ... Really hard to come by (trust me, I've been trying to get a lightning or inferno Medusa staff for months; farming over and over - no luck.)

BSW is good for flame based builds. Works good with a DK, but maybe not so much with a Necro?

Just peruse Eso-sets.com and theorycraft what goes well with your plan ... More magicka, more spell damage, more spell critical, etc.
    Fix Wrothgar Relic Hunter for Pete's Sake! ... Until then ... ZOS=POS
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DigiAngel wrote: »
    Thank you I will look those up...sadly it looked like Julianos was a DLS required set.

Ahh, you're right. Forgot it was in Orc land. Does that mean Maelstrom sets are DLC? Never considered that
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Julianos you can still get without owning the dlc, you simply have to find someone who can craft it for you, or alternatively, get access to the Julianos craft stations in player housing (it's common for large trade guilds to have all the set stations available).
  • DigiAngel
    DigiAngel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks....I've kind of been trying to do this "on my own" with out guild help ( as silly as that might sound ). I landed on full sets of Mother's Sorrow and Magnus ( with sapphires ), and crafted two Seducer set pieces as well. I'm able to hold my own in normal dungeons, so eh...I'll take it. I'm ...."guild curious" I guess...but my first and last one was a random invite which I joined, and then a slew of requirements like mandatory fees of 3k a week and having to join a discord chat....pass on that ;)