The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dwarven Work Lamp broken?

JJMaxx1980
JJMaxx1980
✭✭✭✭
So I was excited to get the new Dwarven Work Lamp from the Crown Crates but the light doesn’t make any sense. The graphic for the ‘beam’ shines down, but the actual light is emitted up. That doesn’t seem right to me. In order to use it as a street lamp or spotlight for a stage you would need to use two and overlap them. Surely this is a glitch?

mxsDJii

https://imgur.com/a/mxsDJii
Edited by JJMaxx1980 on December 10, 2020 3:50PM
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    That's usual ZOS quality control nowadays
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I was excited for the work lamp and the beam emitter thing. I saw these a month or so ago by a datamine website.

I envisioned using 6 of the beam things to focus on a crystal to make some kind of power source. I wanted to get 10 work lamps littered throughout a cave I had made.

Problem is, we can only get them in gamble crates. The second problem is, ZOS in their infinite wisdom wants 100 purple gems for each one.

I would have gladly shelled out 1000 crowns for each one, but no way in hell I am gonna spend 500 bucks on gamble crates to obtain the purple gems to buy these outright. ZOS CLEARLY never learned the lesson in sales "a little bit of something is better than a whole lot of nothing", especially when we are talking about digital goods that can be replicated infinitely. So instead of spending 100 bucks or so, they get nothing.

GG

• nukk3r
    nukk3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best part: you already paid for it.
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all, just confirming this is not intended and we're working on getting it fixed.
    Staff Post
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raideen wrote: »
    I was excited for the work lamp and the beam emitter thing. I saw these a month or so ago by a datamine website.

I envisioned using 6 of the beam things to focus on a crystal to make some kind of power source. I wanted to get 10 work lamps littered throughout a cave I had made.

Problem is, we can only get them in gamble crates. The second problem is, ZOS in their infinite wisdom wants 100 purple gems for each one.

I would have gladly shelled out 1000 crowns for each one, but no way in hell I am gonna spend 500 bucks on gamble crates to obtain the purple gems to buy these outright. ZOS CLEARLY never learned the lesson in sales "a little bit of something is better than a whole lot of nothing", especially when we are talking about digital goods that can be replicated infinitely. So instead of spending 100 bucks or so, they get nothing.

GG

Yeah, it's always the same with the furniture in the gamble crates. And yet coincidentally the Luxury furnishing vendor has only had one new thing every week which is totally niche and always repeating the same themes we already had. Weird.

I wanted to decorate a shrine to Namira and needed banners to cover up the windows so no light would get into my house anymore. Originally I wanted Namira banners for that but they ended up being too expensive. It's understandable that the statue would cost 100 gems but not the banners too. I wanted to get Shadow Tendrils too but they were very small in size and thus unsuited to cover the altar completely at 40 gems the piece. Now only the statue has tendrils.
    My treasury had tons of tiny gold piles taking up valuable furnishing slots so I wanted to replace them with larger ones. Too bad each large pile was 100 gems and they only covered four times the area of a small pile.

But some chart says that the 1% of whales spend more money than the 99% of remaining customers combined so what can you do.
    I sure hope that this will change with Microsoft next year and all that is available in crown crates is also made available through gameplay, just like their loot box policy states.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »
    But some chart says that the 1% of whales spend more money than the 99% of remaining customers combined so what can you do.
    I sure hope that this will change with Microsoft next year and all that is available in crown crates is also made available through gameplay, just like their loot box policy states.

This is what I'm really, really hoping for.

As happy as I was to FINALLY see the hairstyle I've wanted for one of my favorite characters available, I thought it was scummier than a skeever to force customers to GAMBLE in order to get it. I would have felt the same way about the neat dwemer housing items, but the moment I saw those datamined, I went "yup, those are going into the unregulated gambling crates!" I mean, of course they did. So I resign myself to not give a crap, and considering my artificer's house only has one furnishing slot left anyway, well... that's not hard, ZoS. :p
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is some truth to people always claiming that they are quick to respond when it comes to crown store related issues.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, it's always the same with the furniture in the gamble crates. And yet coincidentally the Luxury furnishing vendor has only had one new thing every week which is totally niche and always repeating the same themes we already had. Weird.

I wanted to decorate a shrine to Namira and needed banners to cover up the windows so no light would get into my house anymore. Originally I wanted Namira banners for that but they ended up being too expensive. It's understandable that the statue would cost 100 gems but not the banners too. I wanted to get Shadow Tendrils too but they were very small in size and thus unsuited to cover the altar completely at 40 gems the piece. Now only the statue has tendrils.
    My treasury had tons of tiny gold piles taking up valuable furnishing slots so I wanted to replace them with larger ones. Too bad each large pile was 100 gems and they only covered four times the area of a small pile.

I know exactly what you are experiencing. It makes no sense to gate furniture behind LUDICROUS prices, ESPECIALLY when the assets were already made and presented in a DLC/Chapter. It does not benefit the housing community, does not allow players to show off what can be done. Its just, well I cant say what it is on the forums, but its just bad.

Thing I love about spreadsheets, is that they never tell the truth. They give a ballpark idea in most cases because it is impossible to account for every variable, especially when dealing with human decisions. ZOS is 100% leaving money on the table.

• Asdara
    Asdara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BOTH dwarven furniture are bugged
    Patch to fix them asap plz
    Forget new content for a while & forget adding new DLC, this is a list of what is actually needed in the game:
    1: Handheld magic/ giving you the option to not use your staff to L/H Attack but instead it will shoot from your hand, like a spell.
    2: Spellcrafting.
    3: Combat pet skin / summon Atronach.
    4: Summon weapon.
    5: Change the Housing item limit.
    6: Multi Attunable crafting station.
    7: Add Writ boards and Writ Drop-off's for housing.
    8: Cut the crown price of Mundus stones (4000x13? 52000 crowns?).
    9: Visual upgrade for all spell and animation.
    10: More structural item, door, floors, arch, walls for all size and shape.
    11: Dusting and adding things to the mage guilds.
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, the beam emitter's beam wonks out when you try to rotate it vertically.
    ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
  • Pixiepumpkin
    Pixiepumpkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    both of them are broken. i dont understand how they made it to game. did no one test them? it only takes a few seconds to see they are broken. a test would not have taken much time
    "𝕰𝖛𝖊𝖓 𝕲𝖔𝖉𝖘 𝖉𝖎𝖘𝖑𝖎𝖐𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖆𝖇𝖘𝖔𝖑𝖚𝖙𝖊, 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖎𝖙 𝖘𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖐𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝖘𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖑𝖆𝖗𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖒𝖘𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊𝖘." ― Sotha Sil
    PC/NA
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    both of them are broken. i dont understand how they made it to game. did no one test them? it only takes a few seconds to see they are broken. a test would not have taken much time

We are the game testers; the customers. We pay them money to test their game.
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

We are the game testers; the customers. We pay them money to test their game.

Seems accurate. It is mind boggling though how such an easily identifiable bug would still get the OK to be pushed to live.