The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

bosses not dropping loot?

Muttsmutt
Muttsmutt
✭✭✭✭✭
just killed a world boss & did not get a zone set piece, just standard mob loot. it was the dugan's knoll boss in malabal tor.
anybody else had something similar happen today?

edit: just killed the boss again, and, again, no boss loot. might be just this one.
Edited by Muttsmutt on December 7, 2020 3:59PM
PC-EU // UNDEAD
  • Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm logging in now, are you still around? I can join you and try to see if by killing it together this issue persists. I have the same username in game as on the forums, let me know...
    PC-EU
  • Muttsmutt
    Muttsmutt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    update: we tried what khenarthi suggested- we killed the world boss as a group. the loot table was unaffected; they got a ring, and i got a tomato. no set item.
    the loot table is borked. pls fix.
    might not be isolated to this boss- a guildie mentioned not receiving an undaunted reward box at the end of a dung.
    PC-EU // UNDEAD
  • Starlight_Whisper
    Starlight_Whisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This boss and the nereid world boss in Malabal Tor have been poorly behaved for me for a while (was looking for the wild hunt lead). I experienced the same thing as the OP with this boss, loot that does not include any set items. The nereid boss, every time I've killed her recently, the corpse has slid away and despawned almost instantly.
    Edited to add: the troll WB, the strangler WB, and the one on the shore north of dugans knoll have been fine; I don't think I've tried my luck with the last one.
    Edited by kringled_1 on December 7, 2020 4:54PM
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be clear, there arent like 20 people around are there? Doesnt sound like it, but only so many people get gear.
  • Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Muttsmutt wrote: »
    might not be isolated to this boss- a guildie mentioned not receiving an undaunted reward box at the end of a dung.

I heard the same. At least ZOS is consistent in their patches: everytime they break something. Good job.
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    To be clear, there arent like 20 people around are there? Doesnt sound like it, but only so many people get gear.

Always good to check; I can't speak for the OP but when I've experienced issues with this boss there were 4 players or less on scene.
  • KaGaOri
    KaGaOri
    ✭✭✭✭
    kringled_1 wrote: »
    This boss and the nereid world boss in Malabal Tor have been poorly behaved for me for a while (was looking for the wild hunt lead). I experienced the same thing as the OP with this boss, loot that does not include any set items. The nereid boss, every time I've killed her recently, the corpse has slid away and despawned almost instantly.
    Edited to add: the troll WB, the strangler WB, and the one on the shore north of dugans knoll have been fine; I don't think I've tried my luck with the last one.

Reported the nereid WB in Malabal Tor in game weeks ago. Multiple kills by multiple players and no one could loot anything of it. Good to know they read the feedback and went ahead to fix it asap *sarcasm mode*.
  • Muttsmutt
    Muttsmutt
    ✭✭✭✭✭

nope. the first two times i killed them, i was alone and nobody came before, during, or after.
    the third time, with khenarthi, somebody had killed them prior & we had to wait for respawn.

it was nowhere near contested.
    PC-EU // UNDEAD
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Always good to check; I can't speak for the OP but when I've experienced issues with this boss there were 4 players or less on scene.

Then I will keep my "you need to do more DPS" comments to myself. So many bugs right now, add it to the list.
  • vgabor
    vgabor
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That nereid boss loot in Malabal Tor broken since months. I soloed it multiple times when was hunting for antiquities lead few months ago and most of the time it didn't drop any loot, not even gold, the body simply wasn't lootable at all. Reported it with ingame /bug, but well... @ZOS apparently not reading, or care, about bug reports that much and left it broken since many months.
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all, thanks for the reports. We are looking into this.
    Staff Post
  • Rehdaun
    Rehdaun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vgabor wrote: »

That nereid boss loot in Malabal Tor broken since months. I soloed it multiple times when was hunting for antiquities lead few months ago and most of the time it didn't drop any loot, not even gold, the body simply wasn't lootable at all. Reported it with ingame /bug, but well... @ZOS apparently not reading, or care, about bug reports that much and left it broken since many months.

It wasn't a crown store problem. That's why.
  • Iarao
    Iarao
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rehdaun wrote: »
    vgabor wrote: »

It wasn't a crown store problem. That's why.

sometimes i have to reloadui to be able to loot.