Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Rule Cyrodiil with the New Akaviri Potentate Crown Crate Items"

ZOS_SamL
ZOS_SamL
admin
llqo6nuyog26.jpg

This is the official discussion thread for the "Rule Cyrodiil with the New Akaviri Potentate Crown Crate Items" blog article.

Dress like the tyrants of old with items from the new Akaviri Potentate Crown Crates, coming soon to the in-game Crown Store!

Here's a full list of all the rewards contained in Akaviri Potentate Crown Crates:

Radiant Apex Rewards:
  • Potentate Cloudracer Courser
  • Potentate Halcyon Senche
  • Potentate Aphotic Wolf

Apex Rewards:
  • Akaviri Potentate Bear
  • Akaviri Potentate Camel
  • Akaviri Potentate Guar
  • Akaviri Potentate Charger
  • Akaviri Potentate Sabre Cat
  • Akaviri Potentate Wolf

Legendary Rewards:
  • Dungeon Explorer
  • Harboursworn Occultist
  • Dwarven Work Lamp, Powered Floor
  • Dwarven Beam Emitter, Medium
  • Dwarven Orrery, Scholastic
  • Floral Tattoo Shorn Camel
  • Helkarn Wolf
  • Snowy Sabre Cat
  • Ambergill Guar
  • Daggerfall Dapple Horse
  • Akaviri Potentate Helm
  • Potentate Smiling Viper Helm
  • Potentate Scaled Dragon Helm
  • Dusky Guarhide
  • Red Diamond Guardian

Epic Rewards:
  • Lambent Guar Body Markings
  • Bardic Tavern-Singer's Dress
  • Karthwatch Banner
  • Morthal Banner
  • Solitude Banner
  • Boozy Boot
  • Lambent Guar Face Markings
  • Unruly Bangs
  • Campfire Kit
  • Temporary Candlefly Lantern
  • Helkarn Wolf Pup
  • Druadach Mountain Dog
  • Dusklight Lunar Moth
  • Ghostly Housecat
  • Tawny Lambent Guar

Superior Rewards:
  • Anthor's Shadow Crown
  • Dawn's Eye Crown
  • Eye of Shalidor Body Markings
  • Glenmoril Wyrd Body Markings
  • Riften Rogue Body Markings
  • Eye of Shalidor Face Markings
  • Glenmoril Wyrd Face Markings
  • Riften Rogue Face Markings
  • Snowy Sabre Cat Cub
  • Karthwasten Silver Boar
  • Mara's Blush Butterfly
  • Orcrest Jerboa
  • Sable Tenmar Stray
  • Akaviri Potentate Cuirass
  • Akaviri Potentate Sabatons
  • Akaviri Potentate Gauntlets
  • Akaviri Potentate Greaves
  • Akaviri Potentate Pauldrons
  • Akaviri Potentate Girdle
Edited by ZOS_SamL on December 8, 2020 9:19PM
Staff Post
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minor typo: the list is for the Akaviri Potentate Crown Crates, not Sovngarde.
    Edited by VaranisArano on December 8, 2020 4:32PM
  • TiaFrye
    TiaFrye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for finally blessing us with this hairstyle :3
    v0s8ijisrnjo.jpg
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    A new hairstyle! And one I've been waiting for!

Really want to see Short Mussed Wave, but I know Unruly Bangs was in the same boat of 'made available on PTS but never officially released.' Hopefully that one's coming soon.

Otherwise, at least there's one day-one purchase for me.
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't expect them this soon. Guess I should have.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • xclassgaming
    xclassgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No veya hair :/
    Add Veyas hair for us players to use!
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is "Dusky Guarhide"?
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Campfire kit? Now what could that be?

Does this one feel a few twitch gems rattling in her backpack?

Otherwise not really anything that makes this one wiggle her whiskers in delight.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • B0SSzombie
    B0SSzombie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mix wrote: »

A skin that matches the Lambent Guar.

v7igdzcpmhss.jpg

Gives your character dark skin like that with the glowing yellow markings.
    Edited by B0SSzombie on December 8, 2020 6:44PM
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    B0SSzombie wrote: »

v7igdzcpmhss.jpg

That's not it. There is a "Lambent Guar Body Markings" that is listed also, the Dusky Guarhide is something else.
  • Veesk
    Veesk
    ✭✭✭✭

v7igdzcpmhss.jpg

That's not it. There is a "Lambent Guar Body Markings" that is listed also, the Dusky Guarhide is something else.

It was datamined by ESO Model Viewer, they found a pet, mount, face and body markings plus a skin that all match.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought the Roman Legionary style (as well as much else to do with Ancient Rome) was part of the Imperial aesthetic. Was there already precedent in ESO for it being Akavari in origin with the Imperials either descended from or influenced by the Akavari?
  • B0SSzombie
    B0SSzombie
    ✭✭✭✭✭

v7igdzcpmhss.jpg

No, bud, that really is it:

http://esolog.uesp.net/viewlog.php?action=view&record=collectibles&id=8225
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought the Roman Legionary style (as well as much else to do with Ancient Rome) was part of the Imperial aesthetic. Was there already precedent in ESO for it being Akavari in origin with the Imperials either descended from or influenced by the Akavari?

The Akaviri Potentate wound up in charge of Cyrodiil for a while, after the Akaviri invasion of Tamriel in the 1st era and the end of the Reman Dynasty.
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I feel like this 'Samurai and Legionaries' aesthetic is ESO's take on the popular pairings like 'Ninjas and Pirates' or 'Knights and Vikings' :tongue:

That said, the Akaviri had an influence on Cyrodilic culture and politics during the Reman dynasty, with several Tsaesci Potentates, notably Versidue-Shaie who seized power from the Reman line, and whose ghost featured in a quest in Elsweyr. This took place before the Interregnum period. ESO, dealing with the fallout from the Longhouse Emperors and Varen's rebellion is in this Interregnum period too, which is before Talos takes the throne.

So, unless ESO are planning on reviving Akaviri content - going to Akavir might be too ballsy and ambitious for them tbh, lore-wise and scale-wise too - it is likely that we will get a Cyrodiil Chapter next year which might focus on how the Empire cleans itself up after the whole mess. I'd expect that to go in the Colovian direction though, so I think these Akaviri-Cyrodilic fusion designs are just for the Crates.
    Edited by bluebird on December 8, 2020 11:06PM
  • Teridax941
    Teridax941
    ✭✭✭
    Campfire kit? Now what could that be?

I believe it is a new memento:
    rs3li6irar8f.png

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bluebird wrote: »
    I feel like this 'Samurai and Legionaries' aesthetic is ESO's take on the popular pairings like 'Ninjas and Pirates' or 'Knights and Vikings' :tongue:

That said, the Akaviri had an influence on Cyrodilic culture and politics during the Reman dynasty, with several Tsaesci Potentates, notably Versidue-Shaie who seized power from the Reman line, and whose ghost featured in a quest in Elsweyr. This took place before the Interregnum period (which is what we are in) before Talos, but after the Longhouse Emperors and Varen's rebellion.

So, unless ESO are planning on reviving Akaviri content - going to Akavir might be too ballsy and ambitious for them tbh, lore-wise and scale-wise too - it is likely that we will get a Cyrodiil Chapter next year which might focus on how the Empire cleans itself up after the whole mess. I'd expect that to go in the Colovian direction though, so I think these Akaviri-Cyrodilic fusion designs are just for the Crates.

Slight correction.

The end of the Akaviri Potentate marks the beginning of the Interregnum, with the assassination of the potentate and his heirs by the Morag Tong in 2E 430. The Akaviri in Hakoshae, Elsweyr left Cyrodiil following this event.
    There's still an "Empire" during this era, but its a rump state limited to Cyrodiil's heartland and prone to unstable dynasties and various warlords trying to seize control. This is the region where the Longhouse Emperors rule for three decades before Varen Aquilarios rebels in 2E 577. ESO starts in 2E 582.
    The Interregnum only ends when Tiber Septim starts the Third Empire in 2E 854.

(There is another, non-related Akaviri invasion that happened in 2E 572 and provides some of the impetus for the Dunmer-Nord-Argonian alliance of the Ebonheart Pact.)

My suspicion is that these Akaviri Potentate crates draw on the Akaviri influence on Cyrodiil during the Reman Dynasty and the Potentate time periods. It'll be interesting to see if ZOS brings this influence out in the upcoming Cyrodiil areas, or if they choose to take an approach that's more faithful to TES IV Oblivion. That game happens in 3E 433, and there's very little Akaviri influence in most areas of the game. We'll see, I guess.
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

That said, the Akaviri had an influence on Cyrodilic culture and politics during the Reman dynasty, with several Tsaesci Potentates, notably Versidue-Shaie who seized power from the Reman line, and whose ghost featured in a quest in Elsweyr. This took place before the Interregnum period (which is what we are in) before Talos, but after the Longhouse Emperors and Varen's rebellion.

Slight correction.

The end of the Akaviri Potentate marks the beginning of the Interregnum, with the assassination of the potentate and his heirs by the Morag Tong in 2E 430. The Akaviri in Hakoshae, Elsweyr left Cyrodiil following this event.
    There's still an "Empire" during this era, but its a rump state limited to Cyrodiil's heartland and prone to unstable dynasties and various warlords trying to seize control. This is the region where the Longhouse Emperors rule for three decades before Varen Aquilarios rebels in 2E 577. ESO starts in 2E 582.

(There is another, non-related Akaviri invasion that happened in 2E 572 and provides some of the impetus for the Dunmer-Nord-Argonian alliance of the Ebonheart Pact.)

My suspicion is that these Akaviri Potentate crates draw on the Akaviri influence on Cyrodiil during the Reman Dynasty and the Potentate time periods. It'll be interesting to see if ZOS brings this influence out in the upcoming Cyrodiil areas, or if they choose to take an approach that's more faithful to TES IV Oblivion. That game happens in 3E 433, and there's very little Akaviri influence in most areas of the game. We'll see, I guess.
    Don't see how that's a correction tbh. I also said that the Potentates were before the Interregnum which is the period we are currently in, before Talos takes the throne. So I see your comment more as a longer version of 'I agree' than a correction :smiley:
  • seecodenotgames
    seecodenotgames
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they were referring to the fact you mentioned the events happened before the interregnum and after Varen's Rebellion. Varen's rebellion against the longhouse emperors happened only a few years before the events of ESO, but the interregnum started a few hundred years ago.
    Houses on PC EU (newest first)
    • 62. Sand Castles (Fogbreak Lighthouse) - A literal life size sand castle
    • 61. Riften Meadery (Old Mistveil Manor) - A new meadery has opened outside Riften
    • 60. Helene's Writing Room (Golden Gryphon Garret) - A small room for Helene to get some quiet writing time
    • 59. Picnic at Pelin (Black Vine Villa) - Based on the lore book Picnic at Pelin (A Horror Story)
    • 58. Almalexias Temple (Forsaken Stronghold) - A Dunmer Tower with a shrine to the three
    • 57. Pirate New Life For Me (Highhallow Hold) - A pirate tavern where they gift you loot
    • 56. Woodvine Cathedral (Agony's Ascent) - A living cathedral thriving in the Deadlands
    • 55. Dark Elf Town House (Quondam Indorilia) - A small and cosy town house on the edge of Mournhold
    • 54. The Secret Tower (Exorcised Coven Cottage) - A hidden mage tower in the swamps on the Hag Fen
    • 53. Knight Club (Frostvault Chasm) - A disco in a dwarven mineshaft
    • 52. Dwemer Cave City (The Erstwhile Sanctuary) - A lost dwarven city has been found deep underground
    • 51. Alinor Gryphon Aerie (Colossal Aldmeri Grotto) - A place where gryphons are trained
    • 50. The Charred Towers (Doomchar Plateau) - Deadlands themed fortress with two towers and custom furniture
    • 49. Argonian Sea Town (Tel Galen) - An Argonian sea port
    • 48. Daedric Princess Tower (Seaveil Spire) - An underwater tower dedicated to the Daedric Prince Meridia
    • 47. Fargrave Observatory (Ossa Accentium) - An observatory in the portal realm of Fargrave
    • 46. Hundings Beach House (Hundings Palatial Hall) - Beach house and hottub
    • 45. Crystal Gardens (Snugpod) - Enchanted Gardens with crystalline trees
    • 44. Dawnlight Health Spa (Princely Dawnlight Palace) - Our spa waters are revitalising and ready to heal your aching body
    • 43. Mountainside Retreat (Pariah's Pinnacle) - An orc mountainside hall with an amazing view
    • 42. Volcanic Vile Villa (Kushalit Sanctuary) - A private hollowed out volcano for all your mad alchemist needs
    • 41. Arenthian Water Temple (Strident Springs Demesne) - A relaxing water temple outside Arenthia
    • 40. Woodland Cottage (Ald Velothi Harbor House) - A house in a tree, but not a treehouse
    • 39. Winter Snow Meadhall (Enchanted Snow Globe Home) - A winter meadhall has opened to get everyone in the festive mood
    • 38. Fire and Ice Hotel (Elinhir Private Arena) - An new hotel has opened with an ice bar and a lava room
    • 37. City of Princes (Pantherfang Chapel) - Citadese is under attack from a dragon invasion. Prince Tarvia is leading the escape through the sewers.
    • 36. Dark Brotherhood Home (Stay-Moist Mansion) - A Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary found beneath an Argonian village
    • 35. Volkihar Courtyard (Velothi Reverie) - A castle courtyard modelled on the famous Volkihar Castle in Skyrim
    • 34. Rada's Summer Getaway (Potentate's Retreat) - A Redguard mansion with a dark vampiric secret in the basement
    • 33. Cascadia Wine N Dine (Sweetwater Cascades) - Vineyard and meadery with two restaurants and a chapel
    • 32. Walled Kitchen Garden (Amaya Lake Lodge) - Fresh produce and cut flowers for sale. Hot food served in a family restaurant.
    • 31. Luckycat Summerhouse (Lucky Cat Landing) - A khajiiti villa with spa and dining
    • 30. Helene's Boutique (Water's Edge) - The famous dressmaker has opened a new dress shop in town
    • 29. Alinor Garden Party (Mathiisen Manor) - A party in the flower gardens of a Altmer noble's manor
    • 28. Markarth Bath House (Stone Eagle Aerie) - A relaxing spa and bath house with an arts and craft centre
    • 27. Treeboat house (The Gorinir Estate) - No one know how an imperial ship ended up in the treetops
    • 26. Varlaisvea College (Varlaisvea Ayleid Ruins) - An ancient library has been discovered deep inside an Ayleid ruin
    • 25. City on the Moon (The Orbservatory Prior) - Moonbase with housing and an inn under the stars
    • 24. Lakemire Water Gardens (Lakemire Xanmeer Manor) - Relaxing hanging gardens and a fish restaurant beneath the Xanmeer
    • 23. Hircine's Hunt Club (Hunters Glade) - A relaxing villa for werewolves to feast in the ever refilling hunting grounds
    • 22. Lost Dwarven Kingdom (Shalidor’s Shrouded Realm) - A lost Dwemer king's palace has been found in a mage's pocket realm
    • 21. Replaced with 54. The Secret Tower
    • 20. Topal Fishing Resort (Grand Topal Hideaway) - A resort in the middle of a fishing lake on a private island
    • 19. Castleton Manor (Alinor Crest Townhouse) - The home of Lord Castleton and his daughter Sonja
    • 18. Cave of BBQ N Ribs (Earthtear Cavern) - A secret rocky dome, hosts a BBQ and ribs restaurant
    • 17. Who Lived in a Shoe (The Ample Domicile) - There was an old reach witch who lived in a shoe
    • 16. Dwemer Party Tower (Hall of the Lunar Champion - Lion's Cradle) - A dwarven flying tower repurposed for parties
    • 15. A Taste of Alinor (Sleek Creek House) - A small piece of Alinor beside a creek
    • 14. Lava Submarine Base (Bastion Sanguinaris) - An evil vampire alchemy lab, accessible only via a lava submarine
    • 13. Spirit-tree Library (Wraithhome) - A library built atop an ancient forest within an ancient Daedric ruin
    • 12. Golden Beach Palace (Thieves' Oasis) - A dwarven inspired Redguard beach resort
    • 11. Mad Scientists House (Cyrodilic Jungle House) - Workshop and garage with an experimental De-lore-ean
    • 10. Big Toy House (Antiquarian's Alpine Gallery) - Two life sized doll's houses and a inn beneath the stairs
    • 9. Icy Falls Inn (Forgemaster Falls) - Two Nord lodges on a lake, serving mead and fresh fish
    • 8. Blue-ice Palace (Stillwaters Retreat) - Solitude, but on a frozen lake
    • 7. Mushroom Manor (Coldharbour Surreal Estate) - Dunmer house built from giant mushrooms
    • 6. Vampire Academy with wine bar (Daggerfall Overlook) - Come for the nibbles; stay for eternity
    • 5. Three Pillows War (Grymharth's Woe) - Re-enact the three banners war with pillow forts and floof balls
    • 4. Treefern House (Moon-sugar meadow) - Giant treefern treehouse
    • 3. Artaeum Theatre/Opera housel (Grand Psijic Manor) - Tiered Balcony
    • 2. Imperial Bridal Suite (Linchal Grand Manor) - Wedding venue with bridal suite extension
    • 1. Dragonguard Penthouse (Jode's Embrace) - 3 Extra floors, with indoor conservatory and top floor gym
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think they were referring to the fact you mentioned the events happened before the interregnum and after Varen's Rebellion. Varen's rebellion against the longhouse emperors happened only a few years before the events of ESO, but the interregnum started a few hundred years ago.
    Ooh, I'll edit it then. It was supposed to imply 'The Potentates were before the interregnum. And the Interregnum is what we are currently in.' Still, the only way to misread that is if someone believes that the Longhouse Emperors and Varen were Reman and pre-Potentate which is pretty absurd. But sorry, I guess my punctuation there was confusing, I'm not a native speaker, I'll edit it.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Slight correction.

Don't see how that's a correction tbh. I also said that the Potentates were before the Interregnum which is the period we are currently in, before Talos takes the throne. So I see your comment more as a longer version of 'I agree' than a correction :smiley:

The correction was about the "This took place before the Interregnum period (which is what we are in) before Talos, but after the Longhouse Emperors and Varen's rebellion." That's the portion that confused me and I felt merited some clarification of the timeline.

The Interregnum runs from the Potentate's end until Tiber Septim's rule begins. The Longhouse Emperors and Varen are in the middle, more or less, of the Interregnum.

So the Akaviri influence in Cyrodiil under the Potentate is considerably before Varen or the Longhouse Emperors, which includes the events referenced in the Hakoshae questline as the supposed descendents of the last Potentate's heir flee Cyrodiil.

If there was something else you were referencing as happening after Varen, sorry, I've missed it.
    Edited by VaranisArano on December 8, 2020 11:37PM
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Slight correction.

The correction was about the "This took place before the Interregnum period (which is what we are in) before Talos, but after the Longhouse Emperors and Varen's rebellion. That's the portion that confused me and I felt merited some clarification of the timeline.

The Interregnum runs from the Potentate's end until Tiber Septim's rule begins. The Longhouse Emperors and Varen are in the middle, more or less, of the Interregnum.

So the Akaviri influence in Cyrodiil under the Potentate is considerably before Varen or the Longhouse Emperors, which includes the events referenced in the Hakoshae questline.
    I edited my punctuation (the parenthesis was probably confusing there), as the 'before Talos, after Longhouse Emperors and Varen' was meant to apply to 'which is what we are in' that came directly before it. However, my comment as a whole made it clear that the Potentates were an earlier, Reman and post-Reman, but pre-Interregnum period. I also talked about the Akaviri-Cyrodilic connection would 'go back' in time if they chose to take it, and I mentioned the Versidue-Shaie quest in Elsweyr, and the game is clearly post-Varen as it's a major plotpoint...so I thought there were enough signs there that I was correct on the timeline, rather than suggesting that the Potentates are closer to us than Varen was. :smiley:

I'll assume your comment was meant to be friendly rather than an 'ackchully' nitpicking, it just seemed strange to reiterate what I said when you already posted a comment before me with no initial inclination for detail, and only copy-pasted data 'in correction' to me. That said, I did change that line to prevent further confusion, and there is probably too much in this Crown Crate thread about the Akaviri question and the lecture that my use of a parenthesis spawned lol.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Slight correction.

The correction was about the "This took place before the Interregnum period (which is what we are in) before Talos, but after the Longhouse Emperors and Varen's rebellion. That's the portion that confused me and I felt merited some clarification of the timeline.

So the Akaviri influence in Cyrodiil under the Potentate is considerably before Varen or the Longhouse Emperors, which includes the events referenced in the Hakoshae questline.
    I edited my punctuation (the parenthesis was probably confusing there), as the 'before Talos, after Longhouse Emperors and Varen' was meant to apply to 'which is what we are in' that came directly before it. However, my comment as a whole made it clear that the Potentates were an earlier, Reman and post-Reman, but pre-Interregnum period. I also talked about the Akaviri-Cyrodilic connection would 'go back' in time if they chose to take it, and I mentioned the Versidue-Shaie quest in Elsweyr, and the game is clearly post-Varen as it's a major plotpoint...so I thought there were enough signs there that I was correct on the timeline, rather than suggesting that the Potentates are closer to us than Varen was. :smiley:

I'll assume your comment was meant to be friendly rather than an 'ackchully' nitpicking, it just seemed strange to reiterate what I said when you already posted a comment before me with no initial inclination for detail, and only copy-pasted data 'in correction' to me. That said, I did change that line to prevent further confusion, and there is probably too much in this Crown Crate thread about the Akaviri question and the lecture that my use of a parenthesis spawned lol.

Sure. As I said, it was a slight correction, perhaps even confusion on my part, and we seem to be mostly in agreement on the source of the Akaviri-Imperial connection. So hopefully its all friendly.

I do like your idea of Samurai & Legionnaires. :)
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Slight correction.

Sure. As I said, it was a slight correction, perhaps even confusion on my part, and we seem to be mostly in agreement on the source of the Akaviri-Imperial connection. So hopefully its all friendly.
    Sure. And yeah, it should definitely have been a colon or a comma rather than parenthesis there, like 'This was before the Interregnum which is where we are: before Talos, but after the Longhouse Emperors and Varen's Rebellion'. But the rest of my comment made it explicitly clear that the Potentates were a Reman thing and a post-Reman takeover, not a post-Varen one. And since ESO openly takes place after Varen's rebellion and before Talos, I thought it would be clear that it referred to 'where we are'.

So it seemed strange that you were suddenly eager to go into lecturing mode with copy-pasted dates from the Elder Scrolls Pages wiki, and repeated the same thing twice now, when you only commented a single sentence in answer earlier, without going into detail. This made it seem like there was little original interest in the topic on your part, but more willingness to go into mansplaining mode: way more effort to nitpick others than to actually answer the question yourself, and more effort than the small correction warranted.

For example, Varen rebelled before 2E 577 not in that year as you claimed, and the Longhouse Emperors were in power for over four decades, not three decades. But you don't see people writing paragraphs to correct you, because it's an inconsequential error and we all knew what your comment meant. :wink: Tone is really hard to read from text of course, and we both said the same things 90%, I just thought this tangent was kinda unnecessary.
    Edited by bluebird on December 9, 2020 4:10AM
  • winterscrolls229prerb18_ESO
    How long do you think the campfire moment will last for?

Just trying to decide where to spend my gems.

Like the other ones, you won't have any control while its playing right?

Shame, or maybe not makes the decision easy.
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Slight correction.

There's also that time when remnants of the Kamal invasion and the Tsaesci in Rimmen try to reestablish the Empire, which happened during the interregnum (and after the Kamal invasion, obviously).

The khajiit granted them asylum in the hills and steppes of northwestern Elsweyr, where they dwelt in relative seclusion until remnants of the Dir-Kamal resurfaced in Cyrodiil, seizing the Throne from Attrebus' successors. The Rimmen (literally, the "Rim Men," as the khajiit called them) joined their brothers to try to rebuild the Empire.

This is unlikely to have happened already, with the Tsaesci in Rimmen still in seclusion, and there were only 4 years between the end of the Kamal invasion (CE572) and Euraxia's Frostfall Coup (CE576), during which the Khajiit were apparently still in control of Rimmen.

So this should happen some time between now and CE812 when Rimmen officially secedes from Elsweyr.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Slight correction.

Sure. And yeah, it should definitely have been a colon or a comma rather than parenthesis there, like 'This was before the Interregnum which is where we are: before Talos, but after the Longhouse Emperors and Varen's Rebellion'. But the rest of my comment made it explicitly clear that the Potentates were a Reman thing and a post-Reman takeover, not a post-Varen one. And since ESO openly takes place after Varen's rebellion and before Talos, I thought it would be clear that it referred to 'where we are'.

So it seemed strange that you were suddenly eager to go into lecturing mode with copy-pasted dates from the Elder Scrolls Pages wiki, and repeated the same thing twice now, when you only commented a single sentence in answer earlier, without going into detail. This made it seem like there was little original interest in the topic on your part, but more willingness to go into mansplaining mode: way more effort to nitpick others than to actually answer the question yourself, and more effort than the small correction warranted.

For example, Varen rebelled before 2E 577 not in that year as you claimed, and the Longhouse Emperors were in power for over four decades, not three decades. But you don't see people writing paragraphs to correct you, because it's an inconsequential error and we all knew what your comment meant. :wink: Tone is really hard to read from text of course, and we both said the same things 90%, I just thought this tangent was kinda unnecessary.

I have been known to be nitpicky and lecturing at times. I apologize.
    Edited by VaranisArano on December 9, 2020 1:25PM
  • Sju
    Sju
    ✭✭✭✭

v7igdzcpmhss.jpg

Another Argonian skin? :unamused:
  • Teridax941
    Teridax941
    ✭✭✭

v7igdzcpmhss.jpg

So you get a guar mount, non combat guar, and a skin that all match.
    I know what my shadowscale character is gonna be doing this month. :D
  • Aptonoth
    Aptonoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Teridax941 wrote: »

v7igdzcpmhss.jpg

So you get a guar mount, non combat guar, and a skin that all match.
    I know what my shadowscale character is gonna be doing this month. :D

I have a shadowscale already and they are already pimped. Still this is the first time I've ever seen a guar I liked the looks oh. I'll consider it.
  • Teridax941
    Teridax941
    ✭✭✭
    Aptonoth wrote: »

I have a shadowscale already and they are already pimped. Still this is the first time I've ever seen a guar I liked the looks oh. I'll consider it.

Well true, mine is currently sporting the mireheart skin, for his less covert duties, but I wouldn't mind this skin for his more undercover adventures.