The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

I didn't even get into the game before it crashed my PC (character was loading in).

jahaposada
jahaposada
✭✭✭
So, my problem wasn't fixed.

My problem is a black screen crash with a loud buzzing sound that only happens when I'm attempting to play ESO. I have to shut the PC down via the power button every time it happens. Curious as to how many people are having this type of crash as there seems to be different kinds. Mine have no rhyme or reason. I've played for hours in between crashes and had them happen in dungeons, cities, open world, even at the account log in screen! This has all started in the past 2 weeks and is making the game unplayable for me on my PC as it's degraded to the point that I can't play for more than 5 minutes IF I can even log in.

I've tried with addons and no addons.

I have a Radeon video card with updated drivers. I cant help but think there's an issue.

I can, however, run two instances of ESO on my laptop all day long with no crashes. Unfortunately, I want to play on my PC, not my laptop. I don't enjoy playing the game on my laptop.

Lesson learned as to why this game isn't worthy of investing an annual subscription, even with all the crowns. I have 115 days remaining. Yes, I feel I'm due some type of recompense.

Felt the need to politely vent. This feels very bush league. Somebody needs to get their act together.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Hi @jahaposada - we're looking into this and could use a few additional details.
    • Are you playing via a Stadia, Steam, or native ESO client?
    • What ISP are you using?
    • Are you able to get to character select? If so, could you try logging into a few different characters to see if one seems more problematic than others? (And if so, what zones/locations are the problematic ones in?

Thank you
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • This_0ne
    This_0ne
    ✭✭✭
    Wow... I think i have same problem. It's like random black screen between battles, dialogs, runing in a world ets... Absolutly random. And it's accompanied by sound of chewed film (or something like that). Its sound hapend only 1-2 sec, but after this i can hear sounds in game sometimes, like L and H attaks, enemies... I can fixed it onle reload my PC.

- I played on PC EU native ESO client
    - Intersviaz (ru) if it matter, but i dont think so.
    - Yes i can get char select menu and all character can get this problem randomly, like i say. I dont see any specific zones dungeons or ets...

My PC is not actualy top (intel core i5-2310, NVIDIA GForce GT-630) but this problem randomly worries me year or more. I play eso from 2015, but recently encountered this.
    Edited by This_0ne on December 7, 2020 4:32PM
  • Muttsmutt
    Muttsmutt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wow, this is bizarre.
    i hope they give you some sort of recompense, this is unacceptable of a game out of beta.
    PC-EU // UNDEAD
  • scorpius2k1
    scorpius2k1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "What ISP are you using" B)
    🌎 PC/NA
    🐧 Linux (Arch)
    🧑‍💻 ESO Addon Dev
    ⚔️ Stamplar | Magplar | Stamcro | Magsorc | Magcro Healer
  • jahaposada
    jahaposada
    ✭✭✭
    I play on a native ESO client (NA/PC)

Comcast (Xfinity) is my ISP.

Again, it's totally random. Rimmen, Tideholm, middle of nowhere in Alik'r, FG1, character select screen, while the character is logging in...it doesn't discriminate.

After my initial post, I was able to login on my PC (disabled addons again for the heck of it) for about an hour before it crashed. This time just a black screen, no "chewed film" sound, as This_One correctly described it.

Thank you for looking into it @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Edited by jahaposada on December 7, 2020 4:29PM
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it wasn't just ESO alone then I'd maybe think you had a fault with your GPU since it's black screening.

Have you just tried getting a fresh reinstall of the game?
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • jahaposada
    jahaposada
    ✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    If it wasn't just ESO alone then I'd maybe think you had a fault with your GPU since it's black screening.

Have you just tried getting a fresh reinstall of the game?

I ran the FurMark burn in test a few times from 5 to 15 minutes with no issues. That's an intensive stress test. I also ran the three Unigine benchmarks at Ultra settings with no issues. I may let one of those run on cinematic all night for a longer test.

I haven't tried to reinstall.
  • This_0ne
    This_0ne
    ✭✭✭
    Well, today i get black screen again but can close game. And i see in client Error 210 PatchManifestErrorDownloadFail. This time it hapend when i port to guildhouse.
  • rumple9
    rumple9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm having same problem as op. Screen goes black, buzzing noise then pc crashes. Started 3 days ago, especially when using a wayshrine
    Edited by rumple9 on December 16, 2020 3:00PM
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jahaposada wrote: »
    I play on a native ESO client (NA/PC)

Comcast (Xfinity) is my ISP.

Again, it's totally random. Rimmen, Tideholm, middle of nowhere in Alik'r, FG1, character select screen, while the character is logging in...it doesn't discriminate.

After my initial post, I was able to login on my PC (disabled addons again for the heck of it) for about an hour before it crashed. This time just a black screen, no "chewed film" sound, as This_One correctly described it.

Thank you for looking into it @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Hey, I have same brand GPU, and freaking Xfinity (hate em) I had this issue, reinstalled radon and it went away. It happened after their last update fir me (amd)
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • EdmondDontes
    EdmondDontes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prior to the last patch, most crashes were just as you described. At least now everything freezes and the game, eventually, shuts down on it's own.

However, I'm posting on the forum right now because I just had two back to back, within 4 minutes, multiple crashes.

It's no wonder there are so many complaint threads on the forums with this happening so reliably and over such a long period of time.