The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How does mount carrying capacity work?

rylixav
rylixav
✭✭✭
I see that mounts have a carrying capacity stat and you can increase it by feeding. What does this do? Does it giver your mount separate bags that you can store things in, like a mobile bank? Does it just permanently increase the size of the character's bags, like you just bought a bag space upgrade?
  • Mulk
    Mulk
    ✭✭✭
    permanently increases the size of your bags, basically.
  • Inversus
    Inversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Basically, while you have the horse your inventory is expanded. The horse just expands your own inventory.
    It starts off with either 15/25 carrying (depends on horse) and then you gain 1 per feed.

It just extends your own inventory, like a bag space upgrade.
    VR14 EH Sorc
    VR1 AD NB Crafter
  • korkibucek
    korkibucek
    ✭✭✭
    Where can you see this value?
  • Inversus
    Inversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    korkibucek wrote: »
    Where can you see this value?

Err, I think you see it at the stables. There might be a tool tip if you press 'C' and then hover over your mount, not sure.
    VR14 EH Sorc
    VR1 AD NB Crafter
  • tallenn
    tallenn
    ✭✭✭
    Note: It's "permanent" up to a point. If you stable the horse (say, to use a different horse), you lose the extra inventory.
  • Inversus
    Inversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tallenn wrote: »
    Note: It's "permanent" up to a point. If you stable the horse (say, to use a different horse), you lose the extra inventory.

Mhm, it only works if it's your current mount.
    VR14 EH Sorc
    VR1 AD NB Crafter
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Inversus wrote: »

Would this explain the 250g for an Apple? If so. Then I can totally understand the price tag. If not....Then Ill be rarely using my horse til Im a higher level.
    Edited by Korah_Eaglecry on March 31, 2014 9:14PM
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • Inversus
    Inversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inversus wrote: »

Would this explain the 250g for an Apple?

No, that happens in real life too.
    It's called a ripoff. :/
    VR14 EH Sorc
    VR1 AD NB Crafter
  • voltorsfury
    voltorsfury
    ✭✭
    Up front I am saying I don't understand how it works, meaning, I have heard the max bag space you can get/buy is 110 slots. So, with the added mount bag space, can i exceed the 110 max? Is that number even correct? With mount storage can I get to, say, 120 slots? Thanks in advance!
    @Voltorsfury - GM of Order Of Explorers PvE/PvX guild - Ebonheart Pact
    Mid Sized, Friendly, Active, semi-casual guild! We use TS 3 for events.
  • Nasuradin_ESO
    Nasuradin_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I have 111 bag slots with 100 from the bag vendor and 11 on my horse.

Each time you feed your horse oats your inventory bag space goes up by +1

So long as you are using that horse, your inventory will remain that size.

As soon as you switch that horse out for another one which you did not feed the same amount or more oats to, you will loose that bag space.

You do not need to be riding the horse for that bag space to count.

I believe the max amount of times you may feed a horse in any food combination is a total of 50.
  • Arsvita
    Thank you all for the answers to this question.

I have a heavy armor user and put some fee into grain for capacity.

I noticed at some point I had another bank slot, but didn't know why. :)

This explained "Capacity" and how I somehow received two extra bank slots.

Again, thank you all.