The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Talfyg vs elemental succession

washbern
washbern
✭✭✭✭
Hey guys!

I have a dark elf magcro running elemental succession. I heard that it is a rather subpar set so was wondering if its worth upgrading to talfyg or something else. Please help.

Thanks!
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    washbern wrote: »
    Hey guys!

I have a dark elf magcro running elemental succession. I heard that it is a rather subpar set so was wondering if its worth upgrading to talfyg or something else. Please help.

Thanks!

Are you single-barring or double-barring it? If single-barred, what are uptimes like, and which spammable do you use?

What non-elemental damage skills or procs are you using?
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on November 30, 2020 7:59PM
  • washbern
    washbern
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am have it on the body using flame skull. Only non elem ability i have is the orb that I thought of subbing for fire rune
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Succession is better than Talfyg. Almost anything is better than Talfyg, including BSW, Sorrow, Medusa, Siroria, Architect, Moondancer, group buff sets like MK or EC, and sometimes sustain sets like False Gods.

Even if it didn’t have a weakness to Fire it would still be worse than everything on this list.
  • Starlight_Whisper
    Starlight_Whisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elemental catalyst and be that person everyone invites to parties
  • washbern
    washbern
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow i didn't realize talfyg was that bad. Ok. Thank you! I guess I'll swap between catalyst and succession
    Edited by washbern on December 1, 2020 12:49PM
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Succession is better than Talfyg. Almost anything is better than Talfyg, including BSW, Sorrow, Medusa, Siroria, Architect, Moondancer, group buff sets like MK or EC, and sometimes sustain sets like False Gods.

Even if it didn’t have a weakness to Fire it would still be worse than everything on this list.

What were they thinking with Talfyg? Considering the severity of the "curse", the "kiss" should have been 500ish spell damage.

• WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    katorga wrote: »

What were they thinking with Talfyg? Considering the severity of the "curse", the "kiss" should have been 500ish spell damage.

Yeah, definitely something off with the balancing of this set. It gives about 0.5% more DPS than crafted Julianos, while making one of the most common damage types much more dangerous.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, definitely something off with the balancing of this set. It gives about 0.5% more DPS than crafted Julianos, while making one of the most common damage types much more dangerous.

Who knows! Its kinda like how they nerfed New Moon Acolyte since they felt the debuff was too easily worked around in group play.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »

Who knows! Its kinda like how they nerfed New Moon Acolyte since they felt the debuff was too easily worked around in group play.

no... they nerfed it to sell this new set...that nobody uses anyway. just like nerfing succession the same patch.
    Edited by zvavi on December 1, 2020 6:46PM
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zvavi wrote: »
    Vevvev wrote: »

no... they nerfed it to sell this new set...that nobody uses anyway. just like nerfing succession the same patch.

I don't want to believe that because if it's true the person that did so is an idiot of the highest degree. Flame damage is incredibly common even amongst NPCs, and in PVP Dawnbreaker of Smiting is already common enough for me to be mindful of it on my vampire.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Serious question, why would anyone run Talfyg with that 5th piece increasing damage taken by 10%? I have never heard of anyone running this set as that outweighs any spell damage boost.
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Talfyg doesn't make you take more damage, it increases outgoing damage from those two types of skills. Just poor wording by ZOS. Still not really a good set though :/
    Edited by Akinos on December 4, 2020 6:53AM
    PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Akinos wrote: »
    Talfyg doesn't make you take more damage, it increases outgoing damage from those two types of skills. Just poor wording by ZOS. Still not really a good set though :/

Lol, I wish. That would be a great set, Spell Damage and essentially a second Engulfing Flames.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Plain wrong... It increases flame damage taken, if it was as you say, it would have been one of the best sets for mag dk...
    Edited by zvavi on December 4, 2020 11:41AM
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    zvavi wrote: »

Plain wrong... It increases flame damage taken, if it was as you say, it would have been one of the best sets for mag dk...

Exactly. I had to do a double-take when this set came out as I was ready to slap in on my DK and burn the world down. But this set would burn me down instead
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now I'm imagining Talfyg and Vampire Lord together on a stage 4 vampire.... Wonder if they'll be able to even complete Veteran Vateshran Arena on the fire level.