The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Make Rapid Maneuver a mount ultimate

Daemons_Bane
Daemons_Bane
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
It has probably been mentioned before, but let's give it another shot.. I'd love to see Rapid Maneuver become a mount ultimate skill, so it gets it's own slot when mounted.. Many of us have an add-on that slots it automatically when we mount up, but it can bug and lock it on your bar, replacing your 5th skill.. I would suggest that it automatically gets slotted in the ultimate slot when we mount up, so that it can always be cast
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can see some appeal in your suggestion, but 1) Rapid Maneuver does have uses on foot as well and I would not see that taken away. Also, 2) does that mean it would consume ultimate instead of stamina? I think that would greatly decrease the utility of the ability.

Now I do think that it would be nice to have a separate skillbar for use while riding. Any abilities placed there which can’t be used would be darkened and unselectable (as when you slot a weapon ability without equipping the weapon). Does anyone like dismounting by trying to use an ability? I certainly don’t, but the ability to use Rapids had me checking other abilities (heals and such could be useful for reckless riding, lol) but most seem to not be useable, which is fine if the intention is to avoid anything like mounted combat, but as long as some abilities are useable while riding, it would be nice to have skillbar visible while riding where you could slot and access these abilities (note that this would not take away from slotting and using abilities such as Rapids in other scenarios).
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, it's actually a nice idea, moving the skill to world and adding a new skill to assault skill line to replace it entirely, on the way reworking it to be automatically slotted on the ultimate slot when mounted.
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Have to say that would be awesome. Or some kind of context keybind.
    Edited by Fennwitty on November 30, 2020 10:19PM
    PC NA
  • LMFBA
    LMFBA
    ✭✭✭
    YES! good shout, nobody uses RM on foot as there are far better skills to get the buff from.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Works for me. Would be lying if I said I didnt use an addon for this purpose that sometimes leaves me dismounted with messed up skill bars. LOL

Cyro is virtually unplayable without access to Rapids because of it's sheer size. I feel bad for consoles if I am being honest.

Other thought, just give all horses major gallop once you max out speed.
  • ssewallb14_ESO
    ssewallb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just add major gallop to battle spirit.
  • soulferin
    soulferin
    ✭✭✭
    Why not create mount skill line with various abilities? With passives like speed/stamina/inventory slots? That would be really game changer for mounts and it would be really great.
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LMFBA wrote: »
    YES! good shout, nobody uses RM on foot as there are far better skills to get the buff from.

Obviously you have not run a scroll on foot across the entire Cyrodiil map. Rapids is much needed on foot. ;)
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is a great idea to make Rapids available after completing all 180 days of mount upgrades per character. Those who want it fast can buy the training from the crown store.
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    soulferin wrote: »
    Why not create mount skill line with various abilities? With passives like speed/stamina/inventory slots? That would be really game changer for mounts and it would be really great.

I would like to learn new skills that allow...
    1. To not dismount when I click the wrong key.
    2. To not be shot off my mount.
    3. To be able to heal/purge while on my mount.
    4. Have rapids available as a special hotkey while mounted

But I feel everyone should still have to unlock the skill/choose morph via the current method, otherwise you are just adding a multitude of new levels to the riding speed skill, and I am so done with all that training every day..

• oXI_Viper_IXo
    oXI_Viper_IXo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just add major gallop to battle spirit.

This is the simplest and most practical solution. Rapid Maneuvers would need a rework but console players don't have any way to automatically slot this while mounted.
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can see some appeal in your suggestion, but 1) Rapid Maneuver does have uses on foot as well and I would not see that taken away. Also, 2) does that mean it would consume ultimate instead of stamina? I think that would greatly decrease the utility of the ability.

1 - you can still slot it on foot, my suggestion only takes effect when mounted

2 - It would still cost stamina, it's just moved to the ultimate slot when mounted

I am not out to remove/replace skills or change their cost.. my only suggestion is to make it easily available to us when riding, without using an addon
    idk wrote: »
    It is a great idea to make Rapids available after completing all 180 days of mount upgrades per character. Those who want it fast can buy the training from the crown store.

I would still keep it in Alliance War.. that makes it available to a wider player base
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kwoung wrote: »

Obviously you have not run a scroll on foot across the entire Cyrodiil map. Rapids is much needed on foot. ;)

Plenty of less stamina intensive ways to be at the speed cap on foot for scroll running. If you arent built to be at the speed cap without rapids, you probably shouldnt be running scrolls TBH.
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It has probably been mentioned before, but let's give it another shot.. I'd love to see Rapid Maneuver become a mount ultimate skill, so it gets it's own slot when mounted.. Many of us have an add-on that slots it automatically when we mount up, but it can bug and lock it on your bar, replacing your 5th skill.. I would suggest that it automatically gets slotted in the ultimate slot when we mount up, so that it can always be cast

As a console player, YES PLEASE.
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Plenty of less stamina intensive ways to be at the speed cap on foot for scroll running. If you arent built to be at the speed cap without rapids, you probably shouldnt be running scrolls TBH.

1. You don't always have a "scroll runner" handy.
    2. Players in "Scroller Runner" gear die fairly easily, players in tank/regen/WW builds don't.
    3. Getting buffed by Charging Maneuvers from the guy on a horse next to you costs nothing and since he isn't running, can pretty much spam it.

Our scroll team is generally a WW with Wild Hunt and a mounted CM caster and it works way better than someone in speed gear, especially when you get intercepted.
  • LMFBA
    LMFBA
    ✭✭✭

smh, mans talking about scroll running in 2020....

99% use rapids to cover distance in cyro and over land quickly so the skill on a mount bar would be best.
    1% might use rapids to grab a scroll and run it somewhere who arent prepared in speed cap gear.

Ill go with the majority and pop it on a mount ult cheers for your input though ;) .

Ill tell you what though, how about a middle ground, its on a mount bar BUT it still affects the group?
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1. You don't always have a "scroll runner" handy.
    2. Players in "Scroller Runner" gear die fairly easily, players in tank/regen/WW builds don't.
    3. Getting buffed by Charging Maneuvers from the guy on a horse next to you costs nothing and since he isn't running, can pretty much spam it.

Our scroll team is generally a WW with Wild Hunt and a mounted CM caster and it works way better than someone in speed gear, especially when you get intercepted.

Right but the guy on foot ain’t casting rapids. I guess that was my point. For what it’s worth, I run scrolls on the time on my mag sorc. I am at 97% speed cap with a ROTH in combat, well over outside of it. Don’t need rapids from anyone.
    Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on December 3, 2020 3:49PM
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    l don't want it to replace my ultimate.
    Also, that sounds like it would mean you'd have to max out your mount skills before you'd get it, which takes six months.
    Also, you need the skill when running on foot, too.

They need to just put Rapid Maneuver in place of Siege Shield, like a million people have already suggested, but they've ignored.
    Either that or add it to the Soul Magic skill line or Fighter's Guild line.
    Or just make it unlock at Assault level 3.
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    No.
    l don't want it to replace my ultimate.
    Also, that sounds like it would mean you'd have to max out your mount skills before you'd get it, which takes six months.
    Also, you need the skill when running on foot, too.

I think you're misunderstanding me :smile: it replaces nothing.. and no, it has nothing to do with mount skills either :smile: the moment you unlock it, it simply slots into your ultimate slot when you are on a mount
  • aussie500
    aussie500
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe the people who want this should just take it up with the maker of the addon they are using? We have no skill tree for mounts, how would you build the ultimate up to even use it? A lot of people mainly use it on foot, so having it as a mount ultimate would be useless in that case. You want to use it either use the addon or allocate it a slot like most do.

Because it is ridiculous to suggest they have to add an entire new skill line in just because some want to use a skill without taking up a slot.
  • Daemons_Bane
    Daemons_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    aussie500 wrote: »
    Maybe the people who want this should just take it up with the maker of the addon they are using? We have no skill tree for mounts, how would you build the ultimate up to even use it? A lot of people mainly use it on foot, so having it as a mount ultimate would be useless in that case. You want to use it either use the addon or allocate it a slot like most do.

Because it is ridiculous to suggest they have to add an entire new skill line in just because some want to use a skill without taking up a slot.

If you have read my post(s), you will see that I have already addressed the things that you mention
    Edited by Daemons_Bane on December 3, 2020 11:01PM
  • itscompton
    itscompton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love to see being mounted bring up it's own skill bar altogether with rapids in a standard skill slot instead of in the ulti slot. On console hitting R1+L1 is really buggy during prime time so there would be too many occasions where it would either not read the input at all or would read one button push but not the other causing me to dismount.
  • itscompton
    itscompton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aussie500 wrote: »

Why are you so emotionally invested in Rapids needing to be slotted?
    It's a QOL improvement everyone would benefit from if they made a mounted skill line.
    And if by "some" you mean "vast majority" then you're correct in at least one assertion you make.