The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Treasure Chests not there.

Fuzzybrick
Fuzzybrick
✭✭✭
I was curious, when the game isn't crashing and you are missing out on the final boss of your daily normal dungeon due to the 50th blue screen you got today, have you noticed treasure chests are just missing..
Several times I've found chests that only spawn on either my screen or my wife's..
It's annoying when I'm farming a bow for one of my Toons because they only drop on the final boss or in a chest.
(I wouldn't have noticed this if me and my wife didn't play side by side... )
Edited by Fuzzybrick on November 30, 2020 8:53PM
"A TROLL, HUH? WELL, THERE'S ONLY ONE SOLUTION FOR THAT, DESTROY ALL THE BRIDGES IN THE WORLD!"-- Uncle Grandpa

VR 16 Stamina Templar
VR 16 Magicka Templar
VR 16 Magicka NB
VR 16 Stamina DK
VR 16 Magicka DK
VR 16 Stamina Sorc
VR 16 Magicka Sorc

• AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I've noticed is that sometimes the chest spawns at the wrong height. Like one time in Mazzatun, there was a chest at the top of some scaffolding (where my group members could loot it), but I saw it at the bottom by the wall and I couldn't interact with it at all.
    The Moot Councillor
  • Fuzzybrick
    Fuzzybrick
    ✭✭✭
    I've seen that too,
    But I'm taking about it being there on one screen and missing on the next. I had to reboot the game for the chest to become visible for me. Same thing with heavy sacks.
    "A TROLL, HUH? WELL, THERE'S ONLY ONE SOLUTION FOR THAT, DESTROY ALL THE BRIDGES IN THE WORLD!"-- Uncle Grandpa

VR 16 Stamina Templar
    VR 16 Magicka Templar
    VR 16 Magicka NB
    VR 16 Stamina DK
    VR 16 Magicka DK
    VR 16 Stamina Sorc
    VR 16 Magicka Sorc

• AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, what I'm trying to say is that, before you re-logged, your chest might have been underground.
    The Moot Councillor
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't noticed that with treasure chests, but I occasionally see crafting writ turn-in crates that are at the wrong height, such that they're "inside" the boxes they're supposed to be sitting on top of. Fortunately, I can still interact with them-- but only just barely, by moving my view around until I can target a corner of the crate that's jutting out the side of the box.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    I haven't noticed that with treasure chests, but I occasionally see crafting writ turn-in crates that are at the wrong height, such that they're "inside" the boxes they're supposed to be sitting on top of. Fortunately, I can still interact with them-- but only just barely, by moving my view around until I can target a corner of the crate that's jutting out the side of the box.

This one here.
    I've had this issue randomly forever, but only learned the 'trick' here a few weeks ago (thnx, whoever you are that posted it in another thread).

There are a lot of nodes that spawn underground or inside rocks/cliffs/trees, just like there are mobs that do too.

I never had occasion to see two accounts logged in side by side, but it doesn't surprise me any.
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

PC/NA, i7 with 32 gigs of ram, nVME cards and an nVidea 1060 over fiber.
    I don't play through Steam, ever.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had this happen today. If you are in a dungeon that has different zones, you can leave that zone and then come back to it, to have it spawn correctly. Reloadui will not correct it. I have not tried leaving the dungeon (keeping a group member there) then zoning back in to see if it respawns correctly.
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There was a chest in moongrave fane that WAS NOT THERE on our first pass through. We only discovered it going back through the second time, and it was just blatantly in the way, so there's no way we could have missed it. It was weird.
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The other day I had a chest disappear right in front of me as I tried to interact with it. A few seconds later, it faded back in. It was bizarre.
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    twev wrote: »
    I've had this issue randomly forever, but only learned the 'trick' here a few weeks ago (thnx, whoever you are that posted it in another thread).

Sooo...

What? The 'trick' is a big secret? You can't share?
      PC/NA Warden Main
    • WySoSirius
      WySoSirius
      ✭✭✭✭
      Fuzzybrick wrote: »
      I was curious, when the game isn't crashing and you are missing out on the final boss of your daily normal dungeon due to the 50th blue screen you got today, have you noticed treasure chests are just missing..
      Several times I've found chests that only spawn on either my screen or my wife's..
      It's annoying when I'm farming a bow for one of my Toons because they only drop on the final boss or in a chest.
      (I wouldn't have noticed this if me and my wife didn't play side by side... )

In a dungeon with couple buddies in discord comms and 3 of us out of 4 could get said chest but the 4th was legit not able to see the chest so they didn't get anything . Very strange
    • AlnilamE
      AlnilamE
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      cyclonus11 wrote: »
      The other day I had a chest disappear right in front of me as I tried to interact with it. A few seconds later, it faded back in. It was bizarre.

In Bal Foyen?
      The Moot Councillor
    • caperb
      caperb
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Thanks, this explains a lot.

I'm running the pledges with friends lately because the new sticker book. One thing we noticed is that we often could only find one chest. Though in vet chests are the most reliable source for weapons, thus we always check for the second chest. Often this chest is in very obvious locations.
    • Raideen
      Raideen
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      cyclonus11 wrote: »

I had the same happen.
      I have also had them disappear as I started working on them.

I have heard that some famers use explots/hacks to farm nodes from under the map, this could explain what I saw, but it would not explain why they appear then disappear, then reappear.