The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Types of ESO Content, my thoughts

Narvuntien
Narvuntien
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Random thought I had whille I was failing to fall asleep last night...

With the recent limiting of Cryodil PVP to 12 man groups, I feel like the game has tiered levels of content now, based on the number of expected players engaging in them.
Obviously, some people can solo world bosses and a lot of the world events require less than 12 people but I don't think the game should be balanced around that expectation.
My PVP guild can run over 12 people with the use of multiple groups and discord but again I don't think that should be the expectation of the developers.

4BvaVxH.png

Oh, I forgot, Craglorn which has a lot of 4 man overland content, public dungeons also solo content.

There is tension between solo PVPers and the design of Battlegrounds and Cryodil and the way to help this is to formalise duelling as a form of PVP, even duelling dailies. The obvious place for this is hammerdeath arena in Stormhaven.

Dolmens and Geysers are just not difficult enough to need 12 men to take down, It is possible that perhaps they should be. I understand that the "dead zone" issue, that elseweyrs is experiencing. I honestly still really like dragon fights I am just busy doing Western Skyrim dailies and basically, only 1 dragon is ever killed, the others being too far from wayshrines to be worth it. (Maybe something to consider fixing)

I think if these types of content were explicitly 1, 4 or 12 man content and then their difficulty set to match that expectation there will be a lot better matching of expectations of players and developers.
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You forgot throwing pies and spreading mirth!
    ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What do you mean? I solo in cyrodil. Also I wouldn't count on making overland 12 man thing, it is already impossible almost to group up for trials, overland is for going in and doing it, not waiting around 30 minutes before you can fight the dragon.
    Edited by zvavi on November 30, 2020 9:08AM
  • EvilAutoTech
    EvilAutoTech
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hammerdeath would need it's own wayshrine to become the dueling capital of Tamriel. Even with that and dueling dailies, many people might not want to move from places they know will have other duelers.
  • caperb
    caperb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We already have a unofficial place for duelling and it's called Bergama wayshrine. If ZOS decides to add more duelling features it should be there, since everyone goes there anyway.
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Would like to see 2 man arenas as it’s easier to get 2 people most of the time
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    zvavi wrote: »
    What do you mean? I solo in cyrodil. Also I wouldn't count on making overland 12 man thing, it is already impossible almost to group up for trials, overland is for going in and doing it, not waiting around 30 minutes before you can fight the dragon.

What I mean is when they are determining how hard it should be this is what they should be aiming for. I know you can brute force dragon fights in small groups by just making sure at least one person is still alive, just like you can solo world bosses but that isn't the goal of the content. Although... having dragonfight group finder isn't a terrible idea.

As for others in the thread.
    I think both Hammerdeath and the dragons will need wayshrines moved close to them
  • Inhuman003
    Inhuman003
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to see a Battleground mode where you and your team have to make it to the top of the Tower. There will be massive booby traps of all types and you still have to fight off your opponent teams as well.

the_pixel_tower_of_babel_by_atskaheart_d4hffz4-fullview.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3siaGVpZ2h0IjoiPD00MTIiLCJwYXRoIjoiXC9mXC8wMWFmNGZlZS03Yzg4LTQ2MTctYTFmNC1jOWU2YzQ1Zjk0MjdcL2Q0aGZmejQtZTcyYjZjYmEtNGJkYi00ZDVmLTgwZWEtMDZlN2FhNmJjZjNmLnBuZyIsIndpZHRoIjoiPD00ODgifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6aW1hZ2Uub3BlcmF0aW9ucyJdfQ.LfM6cb7wyomp5ktlTCZhueWVZFRaAUCD4i7ffCriy3Y
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Inhuman003 wrote: »
    I would like to see a Battleground mode where you and your team have to make it to the top of the Tower. There will be massive booby traps of all types and you still have to fight off your opponent teams as well.

the_pixel_tower_of_babel_by_atskaheart_d4hffz4-fullview.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3siaGVpZ2h0IjoiPD00MTIiLCJwYXRoIjoiXC9mXC8wMWFmNGZlZS03Yzg4LTQ2MTctYTFmNC1jOWU2YzQ1Zjk0MjdcL2Q0aGZmejQtZTcyYjZjYmEtNGJkYi00ZDVmLTgwZWEtMDZlN2FhNmJjZjNmLnBuZyIsIndpZHRoIjoiPD00ODgifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6aW1hZ2Uub3BlcmF0aW9ucyJdfQ.LfM6cb7wyomp5ktlTCZhueWVZFRaAUCD4i7ffCriy3Y

This would be awesome!!!
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Honestly kind of cool. I feel like there is 0 reason that battlegrounds should be limited to 3 teams. there have been a bunch of complaints about BGs balance with three teams. It is disconnected from Cryodil war so you are now completely free from the 3 team structure.

Imagine registering your team of 4 to fight your way up through tougher opponents like that. each win gets you to a new level. Although I have no idea how you could get the game to keep you together the whole tournament.

A battlespire if you will...
  • Inhuman003
    Inhuman003
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Narvuntien wrote: »

Honestly kind of cool. I feel like there is 0 reason that battlegrounds should be limited to 3 teams. there have been a bunch of complaints about BGs balance with three teams. It is disconnected from Cryodil war so you are now completely free from the 3 team structure.

Imagine registering your team of 4 to fight your way up through tougher opponents like that. each win gets you to a new level. Although I have no idea how you could get the game to keep you together the whole tournament.

A battlespire if you will...

My Punishment, I'll start playing Battlegrounds for this idea to be a thing in BG's (Me 4 months of PVP battlegrounds).