The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

New level 50 Enchanter can’t enchant 😩

OmenRIP
OmenRIP
✭✭✭
I’ve been grinding it out for several weeks to get to level 50 Enchanting. Today I made it! So I decided to stop over at an enchanting table and create a legendary magicka armor glyph. I add Repora, Makko, and Kuta to make the glyph, but the dialog box says “Unknown Glyph”?! I then tried to make a jewelry spell glyph but I got the same “Unknown Glyph” error.

I’ve tried on several occasions today, but none worked. What am I doing wrong?

Here’s a pic of the error on one of the glyphs:

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0BbGhzwRucPE_Vptwgx-5BW0g#Wilmington

Thanks for any help!
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just craft it anyway. Once you make it the first time, it's no longer unknown and you'll see the glyph ahead of time at the craft station.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OmenRIP wrote: »
    What am I doing wrong?
    You never learned any of the Glyphs while you were leveling up.

Just go through all of them using TA until you learned them all.
    bye1.gif

• OmenRIP
    OmenRIP
    ✭✭✭
    Just craft it anyway. Once you make it the first time, it's no longer unknown and you'll see the glyph ahead of time at the craft station.

Hi

It won’t let me make them, even though the recipe is right. The craft button doesn’t work ☹️
  • OmenRIP
    OmenRIP
    ✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    What am I doing wrong?
    You never learned any of the Glyphs while you were leveling up.

Just go through all of them using TA until you learned them all.
    bye1.gif

I didn’t think that I needed to learn them 😄. I thought deconstructing did the trick. Thanks for setting me straight.

• OmenRIP
    OmenRIP
    ✭✭✭

Hi

It won’t let me make them, even though the recipe is right. The craft button doesn’t work ☹️

NVM, I logged out and back in. I can craft the “Unknown Glyph” fine now.
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For when you want to level enchanting on a new character: Crafting glyps gives by far the most rank experience points, increasing glyph quality as you rank up. There are great Enchanting Leveling guides on the the net, just search for it. ^^b
    (Same goes for Alchemy btw.)
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idinuse wrote: »
    For when you want to level enchanting on a new character: Crafting glyps gives by far the most rank experience points, increasing glyph quality as you rank up. There are great Enchanting Leveling guides on the the net, just search for it.

Old, but still valid, by far the fastest way to level enchanting:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/3084956/#Comment_3084956
    bye1.gif