The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Pack Leader levels

Saltum
Saltum
Soul Shriven
Hello! I cannot seem to find an answer after googling and searching the forums - is there any difference between Pack Leader level 1 and Pack Leader level 4? All skill builders and such have the same values for the skill including the ultimate cost - is it really pointless to intentionally level Pack Leader beyond level 1?

I never had to ask before as I simply levelled the other werewolf skills which took longer to get to than Pack Leader 4 in terms of XP, but now since werewolf was reset I have to think about whether intentionally grinding the skill out is worth it... and from what I'm gathering there is no difference between Pack Leader 1 and Pack Leader 4. Any insight or help would be appreciated. Thanks!
  • Ryuvain
    Ryuvain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to know this too. No tooltip changes unlike berserker seem to imply it does nothing.
    That one khajiit obsessed with werewolf behemoth and vampire lord. Lady Thorn is bae, dont @ me.
    Werewolf behemoth=vampire lord>blood scion>werewolf>vampire.
  • Saltum
    Saltum
    Soul Shriven
    Bump. The Rift zone chat has suggested that it increases the damage done by the direwolves, but as far as I'm aware that scales off maximum stamina. Another suggestion has been that more Pack Leader levels affect how long one is in werewolf form, but this is not reflected in the tooltip, including with addons such as Harven's Improved menu.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wish ZOS made it more clear what leveling up the ability did. Some don't even mention they get cheaper when they level up but they do. Some examples are the vampire abilities Perfect Scion, Elusive Mist, and Hypnosis.

I did check the werewolf morph to see if it was the same case and sadly it is not. As you can probably tell I'm not a werewolf. Makes you wonder what actually does improve about it.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Saltum
    Saltum
    Soul Shriven
    Vevvev wrote: »
    Wish ZOS made it more clear what leveling up the ability did. Some don't even mention they get cheaper when they level up but they do. Some examples are the vampire abilities Perfect Scion, Elusive Mist, and Hypnosis.

I did check the werewolf morph to see if it was the same case and sadly it is not. As you can probably tell I'm not a werewolf. Makes you wonder what actually does improve about it.

Harven's Improved menu does tell you the improvements of the vampire abilities (not the case with Pack Leader), but yes this should be an in-game feature. And yes, it stays at 300 ultimate levels 1 through 4.
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Does the duration of the morphed form change from rank 1-4? Not counting feeding, etc.
  • Saltum
    Saltum
    Soul Shriven
    Does the duration of the morphed form change from rank 1-4? Not counting feeding, etc.

Nope, dealt with that in reply #3. However, after levelling and testing, it seems true that the direwolves do more damage (no change of stats otherwise during testing), which should be reflected in the tooltip.