The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Markarth Quest "End of Eternity"

PandaPalace
PandaPalace
✭✭✭
How the hell do I start this quest line? I have done every quest I can find on the map up top and down in the Reach. Only achievements left in my questing are the dailies 30 times and this quest line. I just want to get the dye once I get this quest line down but have no clue how to start it.

Ps. I have NOT completed West Skyrim main story, idk if that matters.
Edited by PandaPalace on November 23, 2020 2:01PM

Best Answer

• InaMoonlight
    InaMoonlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It does, you have to complete the West Skyrim main storyline for it to pop up ^^
    Edit = Typos ... as usual. <;D
    Answer ✓
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    iirc,when you complete the Western Skyrim storyline, Gwendis will pop up and will give you the next quest
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

• PandaPalace
    PandaPalace
    ✭✭✭
    It does, you have to complete the West Skyrim main storyline for it to pop up ^^

So I have to complete a different zone story to finish a quest line and achievement in another zone ? That's dumb. Like what if I didn't own Skyrim? I have to be forced to buy it?
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

So I have to complete a different zone story to finish a quest line and achievement in another zone ? That's dumb. Like what if I didn't own Skyrim? I have to be forced to buy it?

That's the whole idea behind seasons.
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where exactly do I have to go for the "find the Land sundered fromTamriel" part if the quest? I went through Nchuand Zel, which led me to Arkthzand cavern, then the next marker led me to Nalzthdbar Great Lift and now that I'm back above ground in The Reach the quest marker is pointing me back to Markarth?
    x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017Proud member of the Aetherium Alliance.Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you must first go to Understone Keep,speak with Lyris then Ard -if you havent done so- after go through Nchuand-Zel door
    then to forbitten great lift,rubn to the end of corridor and find the Reach
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

• LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    method__01 wrote: »
    you must first go to Understone Keep,speak with Lyris then Ard -if you havent done so- after go through Nchuand-Zel door
    then to forbitten great lift,rubn to the end of corridor and find the Reach

Yes I did all that but the quest markers just sent me around in a circle.
    x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017Proud member of the Aetherium Alliance.Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just ran into this myself, @LadyLethalla .

From Understone Keep go to the entrance to Nchuand-Zel. Take an immediate left at a door instead of taking the long path right. Then you’ll travel a short passage to a lift that will take you there.

I think maybe the map either did not update the first time or just took a long time to update, because I found it on my second try.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @katanagirl1 I think all the quest markers are currently borked, not just the Markarth ones. I've had trouble all over the place.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @katanagirl1 I think all the quest markers are currently borked, not just the Markarth ones. I've had trouble all over the place.

It has always been confusing in that the quest marker, if the destination is outside a city and you are in the city, leads you to the entrance of the city instead of showing the destination on the map outside the city.

For this quest though, I believe the marker was telling me to go right the first time instead of left because I had to backtrack and completely exit Nchuand-Zel and then it showed going left.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA