The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is this a new bug or something?

Orange_fire_dragon
Orange_fire_dragon
✭✭✭
Screenshot_20201126_112542.png
I was in a chaosball bg and there was not 1, not 2 not 3 but 4 under level 50 players (ironically all of them were stamblades spamming nothing but snipe but that's aside the point)
their levels ranged from 26 to 43, haven't seen this before ngl
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've seen this a few times before (including before the Markarth patch/DLC). At first I figured it was an addon misreporting low CP numbers as level instead, but asked some of the people and it indeed turned out that they were < level 50.
  • Orange_fire_dragon
    Orange_fire_dragon
    ✭✭✭
    wheem_ESO wrote: »
    I've seen this a few times before (including before the Markarth patch/DLC). At first I figured it was an addon misreporting low CP numbers as level instead, but asked some of the people and it indeed turned out that they were < level 50.

hm, I was away for about an year, prior leaving for a bit I did not see this before but alright.
    I use pretty much vanilla UI, only things I have not vanilla is the minimap addon and the weapon damage shown.
    they did behave how very new players usually do in pvp and performed the same. Died in 2 hits, spammed 1 ability till out of stam and damage was less than being tickled with a feather, so yeah I am certain they are actual under 50 players.
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Piraja27 wrote: »

hm, I was away for about an year, prior leaving for a bit I did not see this before but alright.
    I use pretty much vanilla UI, only things I have not vanilla is the minimap addon and the weapon damage shown.
    they did behave how very new players usually do in pvp and performed the same. Died in 2 hits, spammed 1 ability till out of stam and damage was less than being tickled with a feather, so yeah I am certain they are actual under 50 players.
    I know at least some of them are for certain under level 50. Like I said, I asked a few of those people after my initial assumption that it was simply a bug with addons. While the bug has been around for a while now, it seems relatively rare and I have no idea what causes it. It really drags down the team they get put on, and I'm sure it's no fun for those low level players as well, but I'm not sure if the issue is really on ZOS' radar right now.
  • Orange_fire_dragon
    Orange_fire_dragon
    ✭✭✭
    Piraja27 wrote: »

I know at least some of them are for certain under level 50. Like I said, I asked a few of those people after my initial assumption that it was simply a bug with addons. While the bug has been around for a while now, it seems relatively rare and I have no idea what causes it. It really drags down the team they get put on, and I'm sure it's no fun for those low level players as well, but I'm not sure if the issue is really on ZOS' radar right now.

Unlikely that ZOS is looking into it much right now, pvp stuff rarely is their top priority at least in this scale type of stuff. They do stuff for pvp but the changes usually take very long time to implement, more so for BG related things.