The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

im honestly not looking forward to dealing with a proc meta for months. . .

Wing
Wing
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
this whole "we aint doin feck all for a few months" is just so damn intolerable sometimes.

it doesn't really matter what it is, class balance, sets, skills, performance.

the whole "NOPE not even a small patch, tiny fix, tweak, nothing, suck it" for months on end is just terrible.
ESO player since beta.
full time subscriber.
PC NA
( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
DK one trick
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You dont like the proc meta?
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it all proc sets or particular ones? Sets from the newest zone? I did a search to try to find out myself and interestingly came across a discussion from two years ago about the “current” proc set meta so I guess it’s cyclical. Then it was evidently the Sload’s set. You would think that instead of going in a circle, it would be more like a spiral, with changes less drastic as a state closer to balanced is approached although probably impossible to ever reach...
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

nope, and ive used just about every one of the meta proc sets at this point, it just feels bad.

i think its just the backwards approach of proc set builds. things like arena weapons and sets augment our skills, most sets augment the damage, cost, or recovery, of our skills. the selection of skills, and sets / food / enchants / etc. to augment it creates a build, we cater that build to our personal preferences.

proc sets that deal damage are backwards, as they are not augmented by anything outside of themselves (other then malacath) and thus we cater skills / armor / build around letting procs do their thing.

your not playing, your just supporting procs to do the playing for you. its like sitting in a chair telling little kids how to play a game while you watch.
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it all proc sets or particular ones? Sets from the newest zone? I did a search to try to find out myself and interestingly came across a discussion from two years ago about the “current” proc set meta so I guess it’s cyclical. Then it was evidently the Sload’s set. You would think that instead of going in a circle, it would be more like a spiral, with changes less drastic as a state closer to balanced is approached although probably impossible to ever reach...

if i had to list a couple
    -Venomous Smite
    -Syvarra's Scales
    -Unleashed Terror

etc.

even heal procs like chokethorn are just outrageous.

if you want to win, front bar one proc i listed, back bar another, have malacaths band on, and run chokethorn as your monster set. any class can do okay, but paid classes are still the best, prolly run warden if you really dont want to try.
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

DK one trick
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wing wrote: »

if i had to list a couple
    -Venomous Smite
    -Syvarra's Scales
    -Unleashed Terror

etc.

even heal procs like chokethorn are just outrageous.

if you want to win, front bar one proc i listed, back bar another, have malacaths band on, and run chokethorn as your monster set. any class can do okay, but paid classes are still the best, prolly run warden if you really dont want to try.

Oh yeah, from the description, the amount and in some cases area of damage does seem over the top.

All monster sets are proc sets I think. Are only some OP or is it the combinations people have come up with? I was surprised to see you mention Chokethorn as I didn’t think it BiS for anything but kept it for my Warden as it fit with the plant theme. Speaking of, is it just stamina Warden that is OP right now? At least in PvP? I’m not trying to figure out how to maximize on a gimmick or anything like that and I’m a PvP newb besides! I only wonder because I’ve tried various combinations of healing and damage with my magicka Warden in PvE and PvP and haven’t been able to get the hang of it. Especially in PvE, my Templar healer feels better to me, but it could be just what I know best. So either I’m working with something suboptimal or I don’t know how to use what I have — or both! :sweat_smile:

Interestingly, Alcast doesn’t list proc sets (other than the monster sets and Clever Alchemist, if that counts) for even the PvP builds (looking at BG builds). I wonder why? Besides forum threads, I’d been looking at their builds to know what is currently BiS — not that I’m a meta-chaser by any means — but I try to make informed choices for my builds and try different things.

Sorry for the long ramble! :joy:
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Speaking of, is it just stamina Warden that is OP right now? At least in PvP? I’m not trying to figure out how to maximize on a gimmick or anything like that and I’m a PvP newb besides! I only wonder because I’ve tried various combinations of healing and damage with my magicka Warden in PvE and PvP and haven’t been able to get the hang of it. Especially in PvE, my Templar healer feels better to me, but it could be just what I know best. So either I’m working with something suboptimal or I don’t know how to use what I have — or both! :sweat_smile:
    Magicka Warden is probably among the top Magicka classes right now, but it's generally inferior to its stamina counterpart (which has always been the case). The playstyle in the current proc set meta is basically the same though; stack proc sets and health, and use Arctic Blast/Polar Wind for overpowered healing. And if you want to play a healer in PvP, run the Polar Wind morph while focusing on high health/survivability.
    Interestingly, Alcast doesn’t list proc sets (other than the monster sets and Clever Alchemist, if that counts) for even the PvP builds (looking at BG builds). I wonder why? Besides forum threads, I’d been looking at their builds to know what is currently BiS — not that I’m a meta-chaser by any means — but I try to make informed choices for my builds and try different things.

Sorry for the long ramble! :joy:
    Alcast really isn't a great source for relevant and up-to-date PvP info or builds. Some of the most common offense-oriented proc sets for BGs right now are:
    • Unleashed Terror (this set is especially ridiculous when combined with Maelstrom 2h and an easy-requirements proc set like the next one on the list)
    • Syvarra's Scales
    • Crimson Twilight
    • Sheer Venom (dropped off a bit after the recent, well-deserved nerf, but it's still not a bad set)
    • Venemous Smite
    • Oblivion's Foe (typically less common than most Stamina-oriented proc sets, but a decent number of mag builds run it)
    • BRP Destruction Staff

The Unfathomable Darkness set seems like it might be gaining a bit of popularity recently, as are the Vateshran 2h and Destruction Staff.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Araneae6537 Alcast doesnt list proc sets because he is far more a PvE player; those set ups are more like beginner's builds or are very outdated.

By the true definition of proc sets, yes there are a ton that don't actually fit the profile of being OP. However, players are typically thinking of the prominent sets, such as unleashed terror, 2h vMA combined with stampede.

Or Zaan + Vateshran destro staff etc

As for OP classes, they always change based on sets available, nerfs, and buffs. ATM you will see people saying: WWs are OP, stamden is OP, Magden can be called it, any Proc set up, Necro thews gets called out here and there.

Chokethorn got better when other sets got worse
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wing wrote: »

nope, and ive used just about every one of the meta proc sets at this point, it just feels bad.

i think its just the backwards approach of proc set builds. things like arena weapons and sets augment our skills, most sets augment the damage, cost, or recovery, of our skills. the selection of skills, and sets / food / enchants / etc. to augment it creates a build, we cater that build to our personal preferences.

proc sets that deal damage are backwards, as they are not augmented by anything outside of themselves (other then malacath) and thus we cater skills / armor / build around letting procs do their thing.

your not playing, your just supporting procs to do the playing for you. its like sitting in a chair telling little kids how to play a game while you watch.

Especially after being informed on it a bit more and looking at the “abomination” sorc proc build posted, I have to agree. It seems really gimmicky to me, not that I fault players for finding ways to maximize the tools given them, but rather the design of some of these sets... I agree that sets should add to and complement your abilities but certainly not carry a build! That just seems crazy to me.

I think I will stick with my under-50 PvP for now, both because I am a PvP newb and these sets... I expect to get killed a lot in PvP but preferably not by someone’s armor, thank you! :lol:
    Edited by Araneae6537 on November 25, 2020 7:22PM
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Araneae6537 Alcast doesnt list proc sets because he is far more a PvE player; those set ups are more like beginner's builds or are very outdated.

By the true definition of proc sets, yes there are a ton that don't actually fit the profile of being OP. However, players are typically thinking of the prominent sets, such as unleashed terror, 2h vMA combined with stampede.

As for OP classes, they always change based on sets available, nerfs, and buffs. ATM you will see people saying: WWs are OP, stamden is OP, Magden can be called it, any Proc set up, Necro thews gets called out here and there.

That makes sense — both about the sets and the classes — thank you! I would ask where you would recommend I look for PvP build info for different classes, but it sounds like right now it would just be “wear this armor”... :unamused:
  • ivramirez
    ivramirez
    ✭✭✭
    Looking forward to a more BALANCE PvP gameplay including less non sense proc set damage and more balance AoE damage/healing.
  • Canned_Apples
    Canned_Apples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Proc meta has been going on since they introduced venomous and malacath.
    don't think it's going anywhere in the near or distant future.
    Will most likely get more buffs.
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "Healing" during the proc meta & Cyrodiil update is...
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That makes sense — both about the sets and the classes — thank you! I would ask where you would recommend I look for PvP build info for different classes, but it sounds like right now it would just be “wear this armor”... :unamused:

Yes and no, by yes I mean every build I run has at least 1 proc set (because they are just that good and most dont have a target limit) and by no I mean there's still variety and uniqueness to be had.

I have a stam sorc build that is all about bow burst without snipe as an example. It runs way of fire, but is still unique and fun.

Abomination is just that and shouldn't exist

Im also working on another build that ive always wanted to try. Using the SnB ult that makes all of ur SnB abilities free.

IMO, still can be more than X sets (but thats also an option bleh)

I hope ZoS decides to buff stat sets by like 15% and nerf procs by 15%
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Vizirith
    Vizirith
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Proc" sets should never have a guaranteed chance. They basically stop being proc sets and just mean free damage. They should never have been anywhere near the sheer power they are now. It's clearly a case of what looks balanced on paper without factoring in actual pvp at all. If 2 people are fighting, 1 with proc sets and 1 with stat sets, of equal skill/build efficacy, without blocking, dodging, los'ing, out ranging they'd be somewhat balanced. Factoring in any of the aforementioned things slides things towards the proc sets favor.
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vizirith wrote: »
    "Proc" sets should never have a guaranteed chance. They basically stop being proc sets and just mean free damage. They should never have been anywhere near the sheer power they are now. It's clearly a case of what looks balanced on paper without factoring in actual pvp at all. If 2 people are fighting, 1 with proc sets and 1 with stat sets, of equal skill/build efficacy, without blocking, dodging, los'ing, out ranging they'd be somewhat balanced. Factoring in any of the aforementioned things slides things towards the proc sets favor.

i would personally like to see proc sets become build augment sets of a fashion like sets should be, procing major / minor buffs or even things like acuity that give augmented windows of effects.

they should not replace you playing.
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

DK one trick
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Between the bugs, desyncs, crashes, and the proc meta Im taking a break at least till next update.
    The game is not fun to play right now, so then what's the point..
  • Xiomaro
    Xiomaro
    ✭✭✭
    I hope they at least do a balance pass over the proc sets that are over performing.

For example, why exactly does vMA 2-hander and Unleashed Terror do ~25% more DPS than the average proc? Not to mention the fact they're AOE procs. Pillar of Nirn and Pestilent Host have even more DPS but they're incredibly hard to make use out of so I'm fine with them having more damage when you manage to proc them.
    PC EU No CP PVP
    Xiomaro: Nord Stamsorc
    Xio'maro: Breton Magsorc
    Falura Avelni: Dunmer Vampblade
    Ulric Longboi: Nord Stamden
    Sha'boom-boom: Orc Werewolf Tank
    Morga The Roarer Nord Stamcro
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the unkillable tank plague has infested no cp bgs now too. Just slap heavy armor with 30-35k hp, some hots to keep you alive, and move around healing while the 2-3 proc sets do the damage.
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube