The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Tamriel Together Guild Event

tyggerbob
tyggerbob
✭✭✭✭
@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_MattFiror @ZOS_RichLambert
First. thank you for the opportunity to participate in this activity. It was fun and a good bonding community activity that brought a lot of our people together. Given how many guild participated, I am the first to admit that we didn't have any illusions of winning.
We just saw the winners and the official play list for the contest. There were some absolutely amazing submissions. Congratulations to all the winners!
I have to say, though, that our members were a bit disappointed that they limited the playlist to only 94 of the 270 videos. There was not technical reason to do so, and I find that it excluded some extremely creative and high-quality submissions that deserved to be seen (yes.. I'm being selfish. ours was among those excluded.)
ZOS received good publicity on Youtube because of these submissions, and I feel it would have been very easy to show their appreciation for the efforts from your players and better engage the community by including all the submissions.
Just something to consider for this and future events like this one.
Thanks for your time
Bob
  • S4lt1c1d
    S4lt1c1d
    Soul Shriven
    First, congratulations to the winners! Amazing submissions, all! All 3 were among my own favs too. Great work.

However, I'd like to add to this thread that I'm kind of disappointed in that ALL 3 of the videos that won were from the PC EU server. While it's true that from what I saw the production quality of the EU Server submissions were as a whole far, far better than the NA server and even XBox and PS4, (and aside from the question it raises of why), there were some PC NA and XBox and PS4 videos that were as good as the EU submissions. How does this promote "Togetherness" when it's all Guilds from a single server? What is the point of creating a banner and book in game for the winner, and recipes and such for the runners up, to tout Guilds in a server they don't exist in and so whom you cannot join?

It definitely would be nice to have seen something to recognize to all of those guilds who put in so much work to submit something but couldn't hope to compete with the professional level work some guilds seem to have been able to create (hopefully in-house). Not one group who submitted could have put in less than a couple of week's worth of effort and personal time to try and submit something that basically came out to free advertising for ESO and ZOS. That's hard to pull together with work schedules and COVID shutdowns and Game events going on etc. So, if you couldn't do a "not-professional level" type contest then at least include them all in your playlist. I follow playlists on Youtube with over 400 videos/songs on them, so it's not like there's a reason you can't.

That at least would show true "Togetherness" and appreciation anyway.

All that said I agree, this was great fun and was a wonderful social event for each of the guilds I was in who submitted something. It was a great idea and more than worth doing. And it was great fun watching all the wonderful and creative submissions! Honestly, I would do it again! and my own guild may well keep up our YouTube channel if we can find the time. It's just too bad the judging and participant recognition part didn't live up to the rest of the idea.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_MattFiror @ZOS_RichLambert
    Edited by S4lt1c1d on November 25, 2020 6:24PM