The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Give Detect Potions an indicator

ThePedge
ThePedge
✭✭✭✭✭
With all the cloak bugs remaining in the game, it is impossible to tell whether you get pulled out of cloak by design or by misfortune.

All other sources of detection have an indicator you can see;
Expert Hunter - Glowing Weapons
Magelight - Orbiting ball of light
Flare - Giant AoE
Enemy skills - Skill animations

You can even look at other potions and see they have give indicators so you can see what the enemy has used, for example Immovable potions give a spinning ring around their feet for the duration of their immunity.
  • Dunning_Kruger
    Dunning_Kruger
    ✭✭✭✭
    Isn’t the animation a big red eye over the potion drinker?

For the Queen bby
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ThePedge wrote: »
    With all the cloak bugs remaining in the game, it is impossible to tell whether you get pulled out of cloak by design or by misfortune.

All other sources of detection have an indicator you can see;
    Expert Hunter - Glowing Weapons
    Magelight - Orbiting ball of light
    Flare - Giant AoE
    Enemy skills - Skill animations

You can even look at other potions and see they have give indicators so you can see what the enemy has used, for example Immovable potions give a spinning ring around their feet for the duration of their immunity.

That’s what I thought
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree, should be clear that you're being revealed by a detect pot.

Can we at the same time fix the position desync that occurs when revealing a nightblade with detection pots? On the pot users end, a cloaking nightblade that's being detected will teleport/flicker, which makes it impossible to hit and thus, essentially making the detect pot useless.
  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm gonna vote no, just out of spite (I'm not even using detect potions). Let's remind these nightblades how annoying it is to not see something, resp. to not receive important combat information about your enemy.
    no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

guild master, raid leader, janitor, and only member of Zergbored
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You only see that on yourself when you use the potion.
    Edited by ThePedge on November 25, 2020 1:03AM
  • Larcomar
    Larcomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Useful post. With the changes to cyro, Ive started playing my stam nb in pvp a lot more. The stealth thing seems pretty janky tho. Some of the time it seems to work ok - I can hit crouch and my guy will kneel down. Generally he'll then go "hidden" unless someone's got sight on him in which case I get the half closed eye and "detected". Some of the time though he'll crouch but immediately stand back up, and some of the time he won't even crouch at all. Hitting shadowy disguise may or may not enable him to get into sneak.

Is that a detect pot running - I'd always assume that would simply turn my status to "detected," rather than preventing me attempting to go into stealth at all. Or is it just the server being janky?
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep. So pretty much there is no way to know that. Ideally (if we were supposed to be consistent) all stealth / invisibility "instant pullers" should be marked, just like the "detect npc" in thieves guild quests or IC dungeons (large circle of detection AOE).

But tbh. Even a simple (but noticable) visual feedback (such as Magelight's ball of light) would work. Detect potions have nothing. And what is worse - even if you purge it, as long as you are in range of that random person who is using detect pots - it is re-applied immediately again...

In short: detect pots are hard counter with no counter... I don't think we have anything else like this in ESO...
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on November 25, 2020 12:25PM
  • Anyron
    Anyron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Come on, you can't seriously consider expert hunter or flare as counter.

Expert hunter with his silly radius is useless -one morph of magelight too (that radius also doesnt move with you so you have to spam it right on top of nightblade to keep him detected)

Flare with its long travel time is useless too.

Detection potion works 12s per minute so you can't rely on that only, you have to waste skill slot for some aoe (btw spamming that aoe often cost more than cloaking)

Invisibility is too strong. You can't hit what you can't see. It shouldnt be here at all
    Edited by Anyron on November 25, 2020 1:05PM
  • Ryuvain
    Ryuvain
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep. So pretty much there is no way to know that. Ideally (if we were supposed to be consistent) all stealth / invisibility "instant pullers" should be marked, just like the "detect npc" in thieves guild quests or IC dungeons (large circle of detection AOE).

But tbh. Even a simple (but noticable) visual feedback (such as Magelight's ball of light) would work. Detect potions have nothing. And what is worse - even if you purge it, as long as you are in range of that random person who is using detect pots - it is re-applied immediately again...

In short: detect pots are hard counter with no counter... I don't think we have anything else like this in ESO...

A hard counter is fine, considering they force me to slot a skill I don't want or get hard countered. Cant lock them down and they can exit combat whenever they feel like.

And I've been on both sides of this.
    That one khajiit obsessed with werewolf behemoth and vampire lord. Lady Thorn is bae, dont @ me.
    Werewolf behemoth=vampire lord>blood scion>werewolf>vampire.
  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

When they first introduced this feature with some PTS patch notes, probably everyone, myself for sure, expected the red eye to be visible to enemies, because in the current implementation, what's even the point of that.

I'm not sure if there is a dev comment about this working as intended, maybe it's just bugged from the beginning and nobody cares to fix it.

But yeah, to stay in character: Nerf Cloak.
    no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

guild master, raid leader, janitor, and only member of Zergbored
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I wouldn't mind people being able to tell that I'm using a Stealth detect. Honestly, I'd kind of prefer it. Maybe they'd some out and play with me. :'( I'm lonely and looking for a good ganking. Gankers! Take me out! Either by assassination or a date. I don't care. #SurpriseMe
    Edited by Sephyr on November 25, 2020 4:47PM
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Detect Pots might be my favorite thing on the whole game.