The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Lancer drop lead guarantee drop once a day

pleximus
pleximus
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm beyond sick and tired to me losing the damn lancers because of some stupid bug that doesn't let me put away the damn things! There's a really easy way to compensate for this bug which is to guarantee a lead for the lancers with each Conquest Mission quest turned in. Or make it a guaranteed drop once per day for a character instead of account when you turn in a Conquest Mission quest for the first time.

You at ZOS seems unable to fix this damn bug so PLEASE make it easier to get hold of the damn lancers! It's an incredibly frustrating bug because lancers are so hard to get hold of. You need some serious luck to get the damn leads.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're suggesting that it's currently guaranteed once per account, I'll have to talk with someone. I haven't seen a lancer in the past 10 Gladiator sacks I've opened.

You're right that the drop rate feels a bit low, but I guess they're supposed to be rare.

You're also right that any bug that leads to losing a lancer sucks, similar to coldfire. ZOS decided to make "rare" siege a thing, but then still have you lose them to bugs or disconnects.
  • pleximus
    pleximus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're suggesting that it's currently guaranteed once per account, I'll have to talk with someone. I haven't seen a lancer in the past 10 Gladiator sacks I've opened.

You're right that the drop rate feels a bit low, but I guess they're supposed to be rare.

You're also right that any bug that leads to losing a lancer sucks, similar to coldfire. ZOS decided to make "rare" siege a thing, but then still have you lose them to bugs or disconnects.

No, what I mean is that it should be guaranteed with the first Gladiator sack of the day that you open and then have a chance at the rest. This should be per character, not per account. Some of the Conquest Mission quests are a royal pain to finish.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pleximus wrote: »

No, what I mean is that it should be guaranteed with the first Gladiator sack of the day that you open and then have a chance at the rest. This should be per character, not per account. Some of the Conquest Mission quests are a royal pain to finish.

I've never had issues putting away lancers, @pleximus ... is this a bug on a specific platform?

Regardless, you should be getting enough lancers naturally (as is) if you PvP enough.

They start building up in inventory like any regular siege (as long as you aren't careless with them and repair when needed).

Edited by Taleof2Cities on November 24, 2020 5:55PM
  • pleximus
    pleximus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pleximus wrote: »

I've never had issues putting away lancers, @pleximus ... is this a bug on a specific platform?

Regardless, you should be getting enough lancers naturally (as is) if you PvP enough.

They start building up in inventory like any regular siege (as long as you aren't careless with them and repair when needed).

I've had this bug for a while and it did happen when I played on console too. Something happens when I'm about to fire and it jams up and bugs up. All of a sudden I'm not able to put away the siege. This time around it seems like the lancers are more prone to bug out for me.
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Not sure what version of ESO you are playing, but I get about 10 ROTW a day and 2-4 gladiator satchels? We also finish numerous dolmens, delves, etc... in Cyrodiil and I can count the number of Lancers I have looted ever on one hand. Out of which only one has been a fire lancer and it died due to some random jumping on it and he/she let siege kill it.

These things need to be way less rare.