Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "#TamrielTogether—Guild Contest Winners!"

ZOS_SarahHecker
ZOS_SarahHecker
✭✭✭✭✭
sngayh8m80li.png
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article "#TamrielTogether—Guild Contest Winners!"

Check out the winning submissions for the massive #TamrielTogether Guild Contest.
Staff Post
  • iamkeebler
    iamkeebler
    ✭✭✭✭
    Congrats to the winners! I am curious why only PC guilds were chosen though? Would have been nice to see better representation across all platforms.
  • Legoless
    Legoless
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please release images of the collectibles!
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All PC winners, eh?

Ah well, definitely cool videos and posters. Congrats to the winners!
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Super gratz to all the winners. Clan Claws at least made the playlist.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • El_th
    El_th
    ✭✭
    Hi, I am writing on behalf of one of the guilds that took part in the contest.
    We made a video according to the rules and submitted it successfully, but unfortunately, our video is not there on the Youtube list. The guild is "Mercenaries of the Gold Coast", here is our contest entry.

Would be possible to clarify why our video was not included in the playlist, please? Did we violate any of the contest terms?
    Many thanks in advance!
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    El_th wrote: »
    We made a video according to the rules and submitted it successfully, but unfortunately, our video is not there on the Youtube list. The guild is "Mercenaries of the Gold Coast", here is our contest entry.

Would be possible to clarify why our video was not included in the playlist, please? Did we violate any of the contest terms?
    Many thanks in advance!

Hey there! Unfortunately, we had a lot of amazing submissions and couldn't include them all in the playlist or gallery.
    Staff Post
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Congratulations to the winners! Please show us your rewards in game once you receive them, it would be cool to see! :)
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • Anony_Mouse
    Anony_Mouse
    ✭✭✭✭
    A huge well done to all the guilds participating! There are some really amazing entries both for the Poster section and the Video section.

On behalf of The Dauntless Bananas, we'd just like to say thank you to ZOS. We are having a bit of a communal freakout over on our discord right now. Everyone is super excited for the prizes. We will be sure to post some group photos once we get the new mounts ^^

<3
  • Savina
    Savina
    ✭✭✭
    On behalf of the Vanquish Guild, congratulations to the winners and runners-up guilds in both categories! Also, congratulations to the entire PC/EU community on the trifecta win in the video category. There are some amazing artist and highly creative thinkers in the poster gallery and YouTube playlist. I do not envy the judges that had to make final rulings on these submissions.

Our guild enjoyed participating in this contest and hopes to see more events and/or contest like this in the future. We are honored to be among those on the playlist and want to extend our thanks to all that participated in this event and helped make it a success!

And don’t forget folks and fellow guild leaders……..we all now have awesome recruitment videos and posters to share on our websites, discords, and recruitment threads!
    Edited by Savina on November 24, 2020 6:13PM
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats to everyone! Those all look amazing! I'm super excited to see a note regarding our guild out in the wilds of Tamriel! I'll post screen shots when it happens!
    In game ID: @KnightOfTacoma
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Guild: The Disenfranchised - ZZ!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP.Viscount of Tacoma - EP Lvl 18 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the war.
    RIP. Squire of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Knahaten Flu.
    RIP Reaper of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Consumption.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Dauphin of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC Kyne - Overdosed on Skooma.
    RIP Wraith of Tacoma - EP Lvl 10 Dragon Knight NA PC - Eaten by a dragon.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
    RIP Maharajah of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Lost in a sandstorm.
    RIP Vampire Of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Sorcerer NA PC - Fell asleep in the sun. RIP
  • El_th
    El_th
    ✭✭

Many thanks in advance!

Hey there! Unfortunately, we had a lot of amazing submissions and couldn't include them all in the playlist or gallery.

Thank you for your reply!

However, I am afraid that I still do not quite understand.
    Am I correct that from more than 200 videos sent for the contest and made according to the contest rules, someone (we do not know who) chose 91 (?) videos, possibly according to some criteria (we do not know which)?

In this case, the procedure seems to be raising a bunch of questions.

1. If the contest is about unity and guild promotion, why some of the guild video entries were excluded from the list of all of the contestants?
    It is quite obvious that excluded guilds are in fact erased from the contest, as if they never submitted a video and never took part in the 'Together' competition. Not only does it discredit all the hard work and spirit that people invested in their videos (regardless on the contest makers' personal likings), but it also means that less people will see these 'excluded' videos. Less people to see - less people to join. The contest is about ... guild recruitment, then again...?

2. What were the criteria of in/ex-cluding? Someone (we do not even know who, again) decided that 91 videos should be in the list, and the rest, say, 91 - should not. Why? Neither this procedure nor the criteria were mentioned in the contest rules.
    It hurts quite a bit to be not welcomed to the club, I must say. Does not kindle wholehearted enthusiasm to take part in any further events, that's for sure.

3. Why 91 videos? Why not 100, idk? :)
    The YouTube playlists provide room for a lot more. Why couldn't you include everyone eligible to the rules in the playlist?

Speaking of my guildmates and myself, we did not make a video to win, we did it for fun. From our side, it is not about who won and why - we are okay with that (heap of congrats to the winners, btw^^ amazing job!!!).
    It is the decision to erase a lot of good videos from existence, the decision to ignore them as if they were not there, that we find deeply troublesome. It is not about our video alone, of course, but about all the videos that were omitted by someone's personal choice, for the reasons outside of the contest rules.
    Therefore, I wonder if you could consider including everyone who took part in the contest both to the gallery and to the playlist.
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Many thanks in advance!

Thank you for your reply!

However, I am afraid that I still do not quite understand.
    Am I correct that from more than 200 videos sent for the contest and made according to the contest rules, someone (we do not know who) chose 91 (?) videos, possibly according to some criteria (we do not know which)?

In this case, the procedure seems to be raising a bunch of questions.

1. If the contest is about unity and guild promotion, why some of the guild video entries were excluded from the list of all of the contestants?
    It is quite obvious that excluded guilds are in fact erased from the contest, as if they never submitted a video and never took part in the 'Together' competition. Not only does it discredit all the hard work and spirit that people invested in their videos (regardless on the contest makers' personal likings), but it also means that less people will see these 'excluded' videos. Less people to see - less people to join. The contest is about ... guild recruitment, then again...?

2. What were the criteria of in/ex-cluding? Someone (we do not even know who, again) decided that 91 videos should be in the list, and the rest, say, 91 - should not. Why? Neither this procedure nor the criteria were mentioned in the contest rules.
    It hurts quite a bit to be not welcomed to the club, I must say. Does not kindle wholehearted enthusiasm to take part in any further events, that's for sure.

3. Why 91 videos? Why not 100, idk? :)
    The YouTube playlists provide room for a lot more. Why couldn't you include everyone eligible to the rules in the playlist?

Speaking of my guildmates and myself, we did not make a video to win, we did it for fun. From our side, it is not about who won and why - we are okay with that (heap of congrats to the winners, btw^^ amazing job!!!).
    It is the decision to erase a lot of good videos from existence, the decision to ignore them as if they were not there, that we find deeply troublesome. It is not about our video alone, of course, but about all the videos that were omitted by someone's personal choice, for the reasons outside of the contest rules.
    Therefore, I wonder if you could consider including everyone who took part in the contest both to the gallery and to the playlist.

@El_th On that subject of us missing out on seeing quite a few submissions, you prompted me to make this thread here for people to share their videos and posters that didn't make the favourites :)https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/554103/tamrieltogether-guild-contest-share-your-posters-and-videos-that-didnt-make-the-favourites#latest
    I would love to see what you created there! :)
    And for anyone else to show the results of their creativity! I am excited to see what you all made!
    Priests of Hircine
    Playing since July 2015!
  • Kiyakotari
    Kiyakotari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations to everyone, winners and participants alike. Whether winning or not, all the videos and posters must have taken lots of work, and I'm pleased that there is a thread that we can use to share them! Thank you for that idea, @Glaiceana

It is a bit disappointing that of all the winners, every single one was PC, and almost all of the winners - and all of the video winners - were PC-EU. As someone who plays almost entirely on PC-NA, it feels unbalanced. I can only imagine how frustrated the console community must feel. It's especially a shame given that this entire contest was supposed to be about bringing the community together, but from the moment the "Guilds" section was announced, players have been expressing concerns about how inherently divisive the rules and presentation felt. Those concerns have seemed to fall on deaf ears. I hope that ZOS and Bethesda will consider things more carefully in the future.
    Edited by Kiyakotari on November 26, 2020 2:27AM
  • Ekzorka
    Ekzorka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait, why? Is this something to do with copyright (which the authors waive according to the contest rules) or insufficient space on your site?
    How do we actually will find all posters that were participate in contest (and this also applies to other contests)? I really want to see them all.
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ekzorka wrote: »
    Wait, why? Is this something to do with copyright (which the authors waive according to the contest rules) or insufficient space on your site?
    How do we actually will find all posters that were participate in contest (and this also applies to other contests)? I really want to see them all.
    Yes it's sad not being able to see them all. My thread for sharing them is live and linked above, but sadly it mostly got trolled, and so far only I have shared my poster :(
    Priests of Hircine
    Playing since July 2015!