The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Ask: Availability of Past Housing

dark_shahbanu
dark_shahbanu
Soul Shriven
Greetings,

I started playing ESO around November 2019 so there's A LOTTTTTT I missed on. Looking at housing, there seems to be some houses that were only available during certain times in the past. I have yet to see these homes in the Crown Store:

Lakemire Xanmeer Manor
Linchal Grand Manor
Princely Dawnlight Palace
Grand Psijic Villa

I would like to purchase these homes. Please let me know if they'll ever be available again.

Thanks!
  • MajThorax
    MajThorax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the last eso live zos said they would bring back in store past houses this December. Many players have been asking for this, also since Markarth launched, houses can be gifted.
  • dark_shahbanu
    dark_shahbanu
    Soul Shriven
    I missed the last live event but that is great news!!
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MajThorax wrote: »
    On the last eso live zos said they would bring back in store past houses this December. Many players have been asking for this, also since Markarth launched, houses can be gifted.

Oooh, I hope that includes Tel Galen! :smiley:
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Not to say you do not have the money, but keep in mind what you are requesting will cost about $600.00
  • pihlaja
    pihlaja
    ✭✭✭
    MajThorax wrote: »

This is the best news in a whole month! I really hope this includes aforementioned Princely Dawnlight Palace and Linchal Grand Manor, which I’ve waited for more than a year now. :heart: ZOS, please take my money! :lol:
  • hexnotic
    hexnotic
    ✭✭✭✭
    TEL GALEN

that is all
  • Ruhlf
    Ruhlf
    ✭✭✭
    I missed this announcement as well. Hunter’s Glade maybe in December would be lovely.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Hey all, we'd like to clarify what was said so this doesn't turn into something more. During our last ESO Live, one of our viewers expressed that they'd love to see some of the previously released houses return to the Crown Store in December so they could gift them to their friends. I said I thought that was a great idea and that we'd pass it along to the Dev team.

When we pass suggestions and ideas over to the Dev team, that doesn't necessarily mean they will happen and in many cases they don't or can't due to any number of reasons. So while we did pass along your suggestion, the plans for December were already locked in. The team did think it was a great idea, though, and is keeping it in mind for the future.
    Edited by ZOS_JessicaFolsom on November 23, 2020 8:06PM
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom thank you so much for the clarification! :)
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Welp, if nothing else, thanks for the update, Jessica. Can't say I'm not disappointed.
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welp, if nothing else, thanks for the update, Jessica. Can't say I'm not disappointed.

Agreed, but certainly glad to know now. In the future I shall guard against getting my hopes up unless there is a link! :pensive:

But surely at least some of these houses must make a come back sometime in the near future unless there is some impediment we don’t know about! I mean, even with all the problems of late, rumor of these properties coming back had a bunch of us ready to whip out our wallets! :lol:
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Agreed, but certainly glad to know now. In the future I shall guard against getting my hopes up unless there is a link! :pensive:

But surely at least some of these houses must make a come back sometime in the near future unless there is some impediment we don’t know about! I mean, even with all the problems of late, rumor of these properties coming back had a bunch of us ready to whip out our wallets! :lol:

Yes! I hope they realize it. I honestly don't know why they aren't available all the time. The money you folks would make just having them available for more people to buy surely would outpay the impulse buys short time availability engenders, and what's more, the people buying would be much less likely to regret buying those houses and might do so more in the future.

I know it isn't your job to pass THAT along, but I do hope there's some reconsideration among the higher ups about how to increase profitability with regard to housing. We're addicts, but we're not necessarily impulsive addicts.
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
  • Langdon64
    Langdon64
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wish the homes were always available. I have to laugh at one of the loading screens that says, "you can own one of every home in Tamriel." At this rate, it will take over 10 years or more. Good job releasing a random home every two years or so.
  • Ratinira
    Ratinira
    ✭✭✭✭
    "The team did think it was a great idea, though, and is keeping it in mind for the future."

Taking into consideration that that is not the first time the team is "thinking that is a good idea" and nothing is changing dont expect this houses to return in the nearest (and not so nearest future).
    Just not to be disappointed...
  • pihlaja
    pihlaja
    ✭✭✭

^ Definitely this. Oh well, I shall continue hoping and keeping my fingers crossed for the January... or spring... or the year after that...

Edit. I must add that the problem for me really is that I kinda feel like I can't buy any of the new Crown Store houses while I'm waiting for these old ones to return, as I'm constantly thinking "if I buy this house now, the one I have been waiting for a year or more will definitely return right after the purchase and then I can't justify buying it right after another expensive house".
    Edited by pihlaja on November 24, 2020 2:39PM
  • Ruhlf
    Ruhlf
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with the above. I’m actively holding out on buying housing now - because I’m waiting for the one I want to come back. This includes all the large houses that come in with yearly DLC.

If I could just get the house I’m waiting on for my main, (Hunter’s Glade), then I’d be open to buying other specialty houses to mess around in.

Also, speaking of Crown Store purchases - could we please get the shoulder on the Treasure Hunter costume fixed? It’s floating off the arm - and it’s a bought item, not a freebie. Would be cool if someone would take a look at it (:
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    SooOOooOOOooo IDK if this is something that they want passed around, but you can put in a support ticket and politely ask if you can purchase (any) house and they'll usually say yes. A friend was able to get Elinhir Private Arena that way.

I think that the crown cost remains the same as it was when the home was available. The only difference is that the house comes *completely* unfurnished- usually when you purchase a house, it comes with a few furnishings. This will not be the case with support ticket houses, just to make y'all aware. It's helpful to mention that you understand that in your submitted ticket, I think.
  • seecodenotgames
    seecodenotgames
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they changed their policy and won't do it anymore.
    Houses on PC EU (newest first)
    • 62. Sand Castles (Fogbreak Lighthouse) - A literal life size sand castle
    • 61. Riften Meadery (Old Mistveil Manor) - A new meadery has opened outside Riften
    • 60. Helene's Writing Room (Golden Gryphon Garret) - A small room for Helene to get some quiet writing time
    • 59. Picnic at Pelin (Black Vine Villa) - Based on the lore book Picnic at Pelin (A Horror Story)
    • 58. Almalexias Temple (Forsaken Stronghold) - A Dunmer Tower with a shrine to the three
    • 57. Pirate New Life For Me (Highhallow Hold) - A pirate tavern where they gift you loot
    • 56. Woodvine Cathedral (Agony's Ascent) - A living cathedral thriving in the Deadlands
    • 55. Dark Elf Town House (Quondam Indorilia) - A small and cosy town house on the edge of Mournhold
    • 54. The Secret Tower (Exorcised Coven Cottage) - A hidden mage tower in the swamps on the Hag Fen
    • 53. Knight Club (Frostvault Chasm) - A disco in a dwarven mineshaft
    • 52. Dwemer Cave City (The Erstwhile Sanctuary) - A lost dwarven city has been found deep underground
    • 51. Alinor Gryphon Aerie (Colossal Aldmeri Grotto) - A place where gryphons are trained
    • 50. The Charred Towers (Doomchar Plateau) - Deadlands themed fortress with two towers and custom furniture
    • 49. Argonian Sea Town (Tel Galen) - An Argonian sea port
    • 48. Daedric Princess Tower (Seaveil Spire) - An underwater tower dedicated to the Daedric Prince Meridia
    • 47. Fargrave Observatory (Ossa Accentium) - An observatory in the portal realm of Fargrave
    • 46. Hundings Beach House (Hundings Palatial Hall) - Beach house and hottub
    • 45. Crystal Gardens (Snugpod) - Enchanted Gardens with crystalline trees
    • 44. Dawnlight Health Spa (Princely Dawnlight Palace) - Our spa waters are revitalising and ready to heal your aching body
    • 43. Mountainside Retreat (Pariah's Pinnacle) - An orc mountainside hall with an amazing view
    • 42. Volcanic Vile Villa (Kushalit Sanctuary) - A private hollowed out volcano for all your mad alchemist needs
    • 41. Arenthian Water Temple (Strident Springs Demesne) - A relaxing water temple outside Arenthia
    • 40. Woodland Cottage (Ald Velothi Harbor House) - A house in a tree, but not a treehouse
    • 39. Winter Snow Meadhall (Enchanted Snow Globe Home) - A winter meadhall has opened to get everyone in the festive mood
    • 38. Fire and Ice Hotel (Elinhir Private Arena) - An new hotel has opened with an ice bar and a lava room
    • 37. City of Princes (Pantherfang Chapel) - Citadese is under attack from a dragon invasion. Prince Tarvia is leading the escape through the sewers.
    • 36. Dark Brotherhood Home (Stay-Moist Mansion) - A Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary found beneath an Argonian village
    • 35. Volkihar Courtyard (Velothi Reverie) - A castle courtyard modelled on the famous Volkihar Castle in Skyrim
    • 34. Rada's Summer Getaway (Potentate's Retreat) - A Redguard mansion with a dark vampiric secret in the basement
    • 33. Cascadia Wine N Dine (Sweetwater Cascades) - Vineyard and meadery with two restaurants and a chapel
    • 32. Walled Kitchen Garden (Amaya Lake Lodge) - Fresh produce and cut flowers for sale. Hot food served in a family restaurant.
    • 31. Luckycat Summerhouse (Lucky Cat Landing) - A khajiiti villa with spa and dining
    • 30. Helene's Boutique (Water's Edge) - The famous dressmaker has opened a new dress shop in town
    • 29. Alinor Garden Party (Mathiisen Manor) - A party in the flower gardens of a Altmer noble's manor
    • 28. Markarth Bath House (Stone Eagle Aerie) - A relaxing spa and bath house with an arts and craft centre
    • 27. Treeboat house (The Gorinir Estate) - No one know how an imperial ship ended up in the treetops
    • 26. Varlaisvea College (Varlaisvea Ayleid Ruins) - An ancient library has been discovered deep inside an Ayleid ruin
    • 25. City on the Moon (The Orbservatory Prior) - Moonbase with housing and an inn under the stars
    • 24. Lakemire Water Gardens (Lakemire Xanmeer Manor) - Relaxing hanging gardens and a fish restaurant beneath the Xanmeer
    • 23. Hircine's Hunt Club (Hunters Glade) - A relaxing villa for werewolves to feast in the ever refilling hunting grounds
    • 22. Lost Dwarven Kingdom (Shalidor’s Shrouded Realm) - A lost Dwemer king's palace has been found in a mage's pocket realm
    • 21. Replaced with 54. The Secret Tower
    • 20. Topal Fishing Resort (Grand Topal Hideaway) - A resort in the middle of a fishing lake on a private island
    • 19. Castleton Manor (Alinor Crest Townhouse) - The home of Lord Castleton and his daughter Sonja
    • 18. Cave of BBQ N Ribs (Earthtear Cavern) - A secret rocky dome, hosts a BBQ and ribs restaurant
    • 17. Who Lived in a Shoe (The Ample Domicile) - There was an old reach witch who lived in a shoe
    • 16. Dwemer Party Tower (Hall of the Lunar Champion - Lion's Cradle) - A dwarven flying tower repurposed for parties
    • 15. A Taste of Alinor (Sleek Creek House) - A small piece of Alinor beside a creek
    • 14. Lava Submarine Base (Bastion Sanguinaris) - An evil vampire alchemy lab, accessible only via a lava submarine
    • 13. Spirit-tree Library (Wraithhome) - A library built atop an ancient forest within an ancient Daedric ruin
    • 12. Golden Beach Palace (Thieves' Oasis) - A dwarven inspired Redguard beach resort
    • 11. Mad Scientists House (Cyrodilic Jungle House) - Workshop and garage with an experimental De-lore-ean
    • 10. Big Toy House (Antiquarian's Alpine Gallery) - Two life sized doll's houses and a inn beneath the stairs
    • 9. Icy Falls Inn (Forgemaster Falls) - Two Nord lodges on a lake, serving mead and fresh fish
    • 8. Blue-ice Palace (Stillwaters Retreat) - Solitude, but on a frozen lake
    • 7. Mushroom Manor (Coldharbour Surreal Estate) - Dunmer house built from giant mushrooms
    • 6. Vampire Academy with wine bar (Daggerfall Overlook) - Come for the nibbles; stay for eternity
    • 5. Three Pillows War (Grymharth's Woe) - Re-enact the three banners war with pillow forts and floof balls
    • 4. Treefern House (Moon-sugar meadow) - Giant treefern treehouse
    • 3. Artaeum Theatre/Opera housel (Grand Psijic Manor) - Tiered Balcony
    • 2. Imperial Bridal Suite (Linchal Grand Manor) - Wedding venue with bridal suite extension
    • 1. Dragonguard Penthouse (Jode's Embrace) - 3 Extra floors, with indoor conservatory and top floor gym
  • XoXJulietteXoX
    XoXJulietteXoX
    ✭✭✭
    Hey all, we'd like to clarify what was said so this doesn't turn into something more. During our last ESO Live, one of our viewers expressed that they'd love to see some of the previously released houses return to the Crown Store in December so they could gift them to their friends. I said I thought that was a great idea and that we'd pass it along to the Dev team.

When we pass suggestions and ideas over to the Dev team, that doesn't necessarily mean they will happen and in many cases they don't or can't due to any number of reasons. So while we did pass along your suggestion, the plans for December were already locked in. The team did think it was a great idea, though, and is keeping it in mind for the future.

Is there an explanation as to why all the houses are not for sale 24/7?
  • Lumenn
    Lumenn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Is there an explanation as to why all the houses are not for sale 24/7?

Agree. Zos could make some cash off me today instead of gambling that a few months(or years) from now I'm still interested in a certain house. If I'm doing it character based I either wait to play that character until the house is available, or I forget the house and play the character(in which when the house is available I've already adjusted to not having it). They won't miss MY $ but judging by the forum (and that's just the ones that post) I'm not the only one. Doesn't make sense when there's no longer a production cost on these already developed digital items. /shrug oh well.
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why are these house gated? Been trying for almost a year to buy the Elinhor Arena home as our guild hall and was REALLY HOPING it would be available this month, since customer support turned down every one of my requests to let me spend the money to buy it. I can't even begin to say how frigging disappointed I am that we still can't get it and have no idea when if ever we will!
  • frompa
    frompa
    ✭✭
    Why are these houses only available for such small windows of time to begin with?
  • ashadris
    ashadris
    ✭✭✭
    Houses need to be available more often.. current rotation with yearly returns (and its not guaranteed) is just not enough, my necro feels like a hobo
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    At least once per year for 2-3 weeks the crown store should offer EVERY item that was time limited and folks missed out on for some reason or another. Jubilee sounds like a great time to do that, lets celebrate the game anniversary by letting us buy the stuff we have been waiting for forever!
  • wheresbes
    wheresbes
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited because I posted in the wrong thread :s
    Edited by wheresbes on January 19, 2021 10:46AM