Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Radiant Magelight

ConterK
ConterK
✭✭
This is one of the morphing paths of the Magelight skill..
it says in the description that nearby allies receive 50% less damage from stealth attacks..
does this works on self too? or is only for nearby allies?
  • Gaudrath
    Gaudrath
    ✭✭✭
    Usually "allies" in this game means you as well. So far the only time I found "allies" meant exclusively other players was with synergies (as in you can't activate synergies on your own spells/abilities).
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone know the range? I tried to test it with a friend but it didn't give them any sort of identifier.
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Pyatra
    Pyatra
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm, check in his character sheet while you are standing next to him (Press C, will be with the Mundus stone and other passive buffs maybe.).... You may have to be in PVP to see it. I don't remember any PvE mobs using sneak attacks.
    Edited by Pyatra on April 22, 2014 4:20PM
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pyatra wrote: »
    You may have to be in PVP to see it. I don't remember any PvE mobs using sneak attacks.

Lol, that is a good point. I'll check next time I'm in Cyrodill.

Edited by Armitas on April 22, 2014 8:22PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you detect somebody with magelight will they get any clue that they been detected ? I am wondering how effective this would be as sneaky NB against the guys always trying to ambush people returning to a siege. Anybody tried it?
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
  • Ker.Rakb16_ESO
    Ker.Rakb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    It works so-so with a stealther. You can drop people out of stealth very efficiently by placing yourself as a hidden anti-stealth radar, but the targets notice it immediately by getting the open "discovered" eye.

And since the range of ML is relatively short, the discovered stealthers will be able find you rather quickly - but not before pre-buffing themselves, of course.