The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

An idea for a Class related Quest Line.

RPGplayer13579
RPGplayer13579
✭✭✭✭
This is a proposal for there to be a number of quests tied to our characters choice of class. And yes, the six quest lines will be different from each other. What does it mean to be a Templar, Nightblade, Warden, Sorcerer, Dragonknight, or even a Necromancer? Just so our choices matter. And again, just an idea.
My Characters.

Mike Snow - Imperial - Templar - One-Handed and Shield - Tank - Daggerfall Covenant - Commander.
Catelyn Rivers - Breton - Sorcerer - Destruction Staff - Daggerfall Covenant - Telvanni Magister.
Ashara Sand - Redguard - Warden - Two-Handed/One-Handed and Shield - Daggerfall Covenant - Heroic.
Tormund gro-Largash - Orsimer - Dragonknight - Two-Handed - Daggerfall Covenant - Furious.
Lysa Rivers - Breton - Nightblade - Bow/One-Handed and Shield - Vampire - Daggerfall Covenant - Brassy Assassin.

Jon Karstark - Nord - Dragonknight - Two-Handed - Ebonheart Pact - Drunk.
Arya Sand - Dunmer - Dragonknight - Dual Wield - Ebonheart Pact - Assassin.
Sansa Snow - Impeial - Warden - Destruction Staff/One-Handed and Shield - Ebonheart Pect - Swashbuckler.
Jojen Reed-Walker - Argonian - Templar - Restoration Staff - Healer - Ebonheart Pact - Melancholy.
Alys Karstark - Nord - Nightblade - Bow/Dual Wield - Ebonheart Pact - Minstrel.

Nymeria Woods - Bosmer - Nightblade - Bow - Aldmeri Dominion - Thief.
Brandon Wings - Altmer - Templar - Restoration Staff - Healer - Aldmeri Dominion - Scholar.
Lyanna Flowers - Altmer - Sorcerer - Sword/Destruction Staff - Aldmeri Dominion - Duchess.
Marvolo-jo Riddle - Khajiit - Necromancer - Destruction Staff - Aldmeri Dominion - Deadlands Firewalker.
Obara Woods - Bosmer - Templar - Bow - Werewolf - Aldmeri Dominion - Cheerful.

• DovahkiinHeart
    DovahkiinHeart
    ✭✭✭
    I fully support this actually. It gives players more incentive to try other classes and actually play them instead of just using them as writ mules or coffer mules. Sometimes ppl get very attached to a particular class because of different things like aesthetics and feel (which isn't a bad thing at all), but this may courage ppl to try different classes and possibly form another favorite. Plus who doesn't like learning about the lore of this game, especially when it has a more personal connection to the player?
    Edited by DovahkiinHeart on November 22, 2020 11:49PM
  • Guyle
    Guyle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Race quests too!
  • Guyle
    Guyle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, I can't wait to see how boring the DK class quest they make would be XD
  • Faiza
    Faiza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guyle wrote: »
    Race quests too!

On one hand, yes, but on the 2nd hand I feel like most of AD is about my race 😂
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The ESO world has never treated classes like they exist. I don’t think they’ll start now.
  • Yamenstein
    Yamenstein
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is an awesome idea. I hope ZOS really puts in the effort for this.

Don't see it happening for next year. Maybe the year after. When they haven't got the past game titles to help with sales.
  • Guyle
    Guyle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could add a memento as a reward for each individual one, or an emote.
  • Faiza
    Faiza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Runefang wrote: »
    The ESO world has never treated classes like they exist. I don’t think they’ll start now.

Is this true?

Necromancers in particular are talked about often, by name

Many of the "main characters" have implied classes, like Khamira and Sai.

Also, pretty sure you gotta be a mage to be in the mages guild but idk lol.
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Faiza wrote: »

Is this true?

Necro as far as i know are the only one mentioned
    All npc technicly have a class as seen by the skill they uses, but exept for necromencer they arent refered as such

Any character can do the mage guild quest with or without spell
  • Cladius30
    Cladius30
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maybe special class rewards to cosmetics or something
  • Faiza
    Faiza
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Is this true?

Necro as far as i know are the only one mentioned
    All npc technicly have a class as seen by the skill they uses, but exept for necromencer they arent refered as such

Any character can do the mage guild quest with or without spell

Yes, but every npc who is a part of the mages guild is a mage lol which means that class does matter in Tamriel to some extent.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Is this true?

Classes don't really exist in the TES universe. They are just a type of classification (huehuehue), kind of how the schools of magic are just conceptual and don't actually correspond to real qualities or properties of magic.

When people say you are a Necromancer, then they mean you are raising the dead and conjuring spirits. They will refer to you as a necromancer no matter if you are a soldier, mercenary, guard, bard, cleric, cultist, farmer, scholar or adventurer. If you raise the dead, you are a necromancer. It's not a profession. This makes it particularly difficult to design a quest around them. It's not like in Warcraft where your class is kind of like a job and there is a union for people with the same job in your order hall where you can get class quests.
    Similarly if you are a Dragonknight you have mastered or are in the process of mastering the Akaviri breathing techniques practised by the Dragonguard of the Empire. They are probably the closest to being an actual thing in the game because they imply your character has a certain background.
    Templars don't have one temple or any temple at all. They are just practitioners of divine magic granted by a divine (assuming the Aedric Spear is in fact Aedric, otherwise it's just a fancy name with no meaning).
    Sorcerers are just another way of saying "mage" although it suggests (using the TES3 class as a reference) a specialization on alteration, conjuration, destruction, mysticism and enchanting. Sorcerers are also more inclined to wear armor in battle than regular mages, but aren't as focused on it or martial weapons as Battlemages are.
    Nightblades are magic-wielding assassin/thieves who use illusion, mysticism and alteration to conceal themselves among other things, with Bows and thrown weapons being their preferred choice of weapon.
    Wardens are a bit strange due to their ties to Morrowind but they seem to be using the magic of the land, calling upon their animal friends for aid or using a mix of alteration, destruction and restoration to protect with ice-flavored spells.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.