Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Question about Verandis (Spoilers)

Alekzie
Alekzie
Soul Shriven
So I recently finished Markarth with a character. Before that, I've only played Greymoor and met Gwendis, Adusa and Fenn there. Then after reading the eso wiki I found out all those characters can be met prior to the DLCs, in Rivenspire.

I decided to use another of my characters to do all these quests in "the right order", so I was kinda shocked when, at the end of the Rivenspire main quest, I found out Verandis was gone after sacrificing himself. I wasn't expecting it, because at the end of Markarth's main quest, he does the exact same thing.

I know that some quests have different outcomes, depending if you already completed other quests related to certain characters, so the question is:

Will I get to see Verandis in Markarth, if he already sacrificed himself in Rivenspire?

I've been trying to look around for the answer to not avail
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Presence or absence of an NPC and some occasional dialogue differences are the only real change you'll find from most quest completions, regardless of the order.

They're tied to zone, assuming you've gone in linear order, but it's never really required, nor does it genuinely affect anything, with one exceptions.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, you get to see him in Markarth. Without spoilers - Markarth's prologue quest explains how.