Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Question About Internet Usage

arychuk
arychuk
Howdy All,

Would anyone be able to tell me what kind of bandwidth is used while playing ESO? I have a cap of 250 GB and I am at 97% of that for the month. I am trying to figure out if it is this game that is using so much on my cap or if it is something else. Now I also watch Netflix and I know that can use a lot, but browsing my Usage Monitor from my ISP I can account for the Netflix on it but I have other random events on the list that use anywhere from 1 to 17 gb in an hour.

Appreciate the Help.
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Game should be using less than 50mb/hour. If you have a data cap the two biggest offenders aside the download of game clients are streaming sites(netflix, youtube) and filesharing.
  • Palmate
    Palmate
    Soul Shriven
    like @Sakiri‌ said, it might be the downloads, but I doubt seriously that you are getting down load speeds of 17 GB / hour, but maybe you are. That would be some serious sustained downloads. IMO.

Pal
    Edited by Palmate on April 22, 2014 10:18PM
  • arychuk
    arychuk
    I was thinking maybe someone else gained access to my router, so I have changed my passwords for it. I am hoping no one else had access, but you never know.
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah if you have wireless, neighbors with the pw can leech. If you have others in the house, start grilling them.
  • Chatoyancy
    Chatoyancy
    ✭✭✭
    For ESO, I would say the biggest bandwidth usage would be patch updates, but whether that would use the majority of your bandwidth, I couldn't say.

When I had to worry about bandwidth limits, I used a program called NetLimiter -- www.netlimiter.com. It tells you what programs are using your bandwidth, and you can set bandwidth caps on certain programs as well. Might want to take a look. I think it is a paid program, but you can download a free trial if I remember correctly which should at least show you what is using it all.