The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Laggin'it & Zergin'it

Cirantille
Cirantille
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I do not know, whom Zos trying to please with these changes but the performance is worse than before.

+ You stated that these changes did not have any significant effect on performance so why did you pick the specific option which empowers ball groups?

+ Are devs aware of the fact that ball groups still spamming 12 aoes and purges per second, which is a load of work on server, while you target healing allies?

+And now they are limited to 12 people, they come in 2-3 groups, so actually continuing 24-36 man groups.

+ALSO new behavioural change: sometimes two different ball-group guilds run together (you can see by name tags) - I don't understand how this will prevent people faction stacking aka performance worsening.
An example: 2 EP ballgroups, 3 DC ball groups and rando-zergs during defence in one castle, which already makes 60+ people and consider there is also the AD zerg defending it.
Is this how people supposed to NOT faction stack? Because to me, it looks zergier than before.

+It is called AvAvA not BallvBallvBall. Not everyone is able to find a group and you are pushing away already underrepresented support classes away from Cyrodiil. You are pushing out people who are new, inexperienced, or not enjoying groups. I thought this was "play the way you want" not "play the way we want"

And most importantly you are pushing people who is sick of this low tier performance: now, at this point I dont know if you are going to force people to be able to dps while standing on their head or they can only heal others while dancing to samba music whatever but fix.the.server.

It is horrendeous, that I press a potion 5 time to register. It is unbelievable you press a few buttons, but they all fire 4 seconds later. Oh and dont forget that you can break free after dying...

And on top of it, it is not even a ping issue. This is all happening while latency sits at 100+

Invest in this thing, instead of using people as test subjects. Your tests already showed that none of the changes improved anything.

Stop playing with us, let us play the game instead.

• relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest the only time I have had issues since Monday is when ballgroups are on.
    The rest of the time it has worked faultlessly.

They just need to stop heals stacking and purge should receive perhaps a 5sec cooldown?
    I think if they just take measures to stop ballgroups then the game will be very playable.
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    To be honest the only time I have had issues since Monday is when ballgroups are on.

They just need to stop heals stacking and purge should receive perhaps a 5sec cooldown?
    I think if they just take measures to stop ballgroups then the game will be very playable.

Yes.
    And instead of doing something about constant AOE spams, they choose to empower ballgroups.
    It doesn't fit any kind of logic to improve the gameplay...
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cirantille wrote: »

Yes.
    And instead of doing something about constant AOE spams, they choose to empower ballgroups.

While I agree it has empowered ballgroups it has actually improved performance...

The game hasn't run this well for me since February (pre U25).

If the logic was to improve performance then I think they achieved it.
    I do agree that they need to do something about ballgroups and that will improve performance too. Where my opinion differs is that I believe the group changes have done more good than harm.
  • Raammzzaa
    Raammzzaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes.

While I agree it has empowered ballgroups it has actually improved performance...

It initially felt like a performance improvement for me as well, but not so much after I played a little longer. The skill delay seems much better, but I have not disconnected as many times as I have recently in about the past year. It is not uncommon for us to loose a third of our group during a fight to disconnects...

I'm not sure what server/campaign everyone is playing on, but to play in a campaign without ball groups, I would need to play a dead campaign and at an off-hour (with the possible exception of the under 50 campaign).
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Raammzzaa wrote: »

Yes.

It initially felt like a performance improvement for me as well, but not so much after I played a little longer. The skill delay seems much better, but I have not disconnected as many times as I have recently in about the past year. It is not uncommon for us to loose a third of our group during a fight to disconnects...

I'm not sure what server/campaign everyone is playing on, but to play in a campaign without ball groups, I would need to play a dead campaign and at an off-hour (with the possible exception of the under 50 campaign).

Pc EU ravenwatch, most of our ball groups are active during prime time. So that is like 17:00-22:00 where I am. I don't really experience lag outside of these times, but I work and have a family so rarely play any other time.
  • alterfenixeb17_ESO
    alterfenixeb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Yes.

Pc EU ravenwatch, most of our ball groups are active during prime time. So that is like 17:00-22:00 where I am. I don't really experience lag outside of these times, but I work and have a family so rarely play any other time.
    It is just ofc that most people do not care how it works outside of prime time as they are also working and so on. The only thing that matters is that 17:00-22:00 time.

Also today's GH EU has not been good as well. Aside from stalemate happening for past few days at least last few days performance issues are back sadly.

And today constant crashes and lagging on anything happening around... And disconnects...

Edited by alterfenixeb17_ESO on November 19, 2020 8:05PM
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Yes.

It is just ofc that most people do not care how it works outside of prime time as they are also working and so on. The only thing that matters is that 17:00-22:00 time.

Also today's GH EU has not been good as well. Aside from stalemate happening for past few days at least last few days performance issues are back sadly.

And today constant crashes and lagging on anything happening around... And disconnects...

You are right, performance during tonight was garbage. Definetly less so than normal, but still terrible. I have had no crashes this patch, I must the only person in the entirety of ESO 😂
  • Vizirith
    Vizirith
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well it is better just because the ball groups are now only 12 instead of 24. They also needed to weed out many of the pure support roles so less people spamming. Everybody knew that the ball groups are the ones causing lag so they kinda sorta nerfed them but offset the nerf with no outside healing. This is just another in a long line of buffs for ball groups. As zos has implied, be in a ball group or don't play.
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vizirith wrote: »
    Well it is better just because the ball groups are now only 12 instead of 24. They also needed to weed out many of the pure support roles so less people spamming. Everybody knew that the ball groups are the ones causing lag so they kinda sorta nerfed them but offset the nerf with no outside healing. This is just another in a long line of buffs for ball groups. As zos has implied, be in a ball group or don't play.

Ball groups =/= 24m Zerg groups.
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • alterfenixeb17_ESO
    alterfenixeb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Yes.

You are right, performance during tonight was garbage. Definetly less so than normal, but still terrible. I have had no crashes this patch, I must the only person in the entirety of ESO 😂
    Not really better tbh. So far I had probably more crashes, disconnects and some freezes over past few days than I had for the rest of the year considering Cyrodiil.
    Vizirith wrote: »
    One flaw in that theory - those groups were anyway rarely reaching 24 people and were usually closer to 12 anyway so this was unlikely to be even intended as nerf to those.