The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

What is the reason to run Heavy Armor if we be executed for 15k??

UntouchableHunter
UntouchableHunter
✭✭✭✭
What is the reason to run Heavy Armor if we be executed for 15k?

Executioner and D Swing are two button no brain game in this patch.
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe you are wearing the wrong heqvy armor sets? I have never be excuted for more than 10-11k on medium armor with only major resolve as my armor buff.
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I mean most of that is overkill dmg anyway.
    For a, 15k hot you would have to be at like sub, 10%hp.
    Only way the whole 15k is relevant if you are running some super high hp build.
    Db this patch? Why? Procsets carry way harder, you don't even need to land a single dizzy to get kills.
    None of my Stam toons run dizzy, its either class spammable or master dual wield.
  • Berchelous
    Berchelous
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you are low on health, recap may show 15k executioner. With desyncies etc. you feel like executioner skill one-shotted you.

Unfortunately, d-swing and executioner are only decent stamina options because there is no decent class spammable except jabs and maybe sorc's ugly copy of imbued weapon.
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dont get in execute range. That's is what heavy armor is for, extra mitigation and healing to help you stay out of execute range.

If you get hit with an execute at 10% HP and you dont block it, you should die, period. That's the whole point of having execute abilities.

The damage of the hit is irrelevant, it can says 5k or 50k, it doesn't matter, is will be still higher than your HP left. The scaling is a bit absurd for a good reason, so is possible to kill people stacking absurd amounts of HP.
    Edited by ManDraKE on November 20, 2020 1:47PM
  • UntouchableHunter
    UntouchableHunter
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe you are wearing the wrong heqvy armor sets? I have never be excuted for more than 10-11k on medium armor with only major resolve as my armor buff.

31 k healthy
    5 eternal vigor, 2 alessian
    Nord
    Mundus the lady
    Volátil armor up

I'm afraid to use magma shell and executioner hit even harder 😜
  • Jierdanit
    Jierdanit
    ✭✭✭✭✭

31 k healthy
    5 eternal vigor, 2 alessian
    Nord
    Mundus the lady
    Volátil armor up

I'm afraid to use magma shell and executioner hit even harder 😜

Like many others have already said, the damage you get from executioner really means nothing, since it is (as the name says) an execute skill and due to that does way more damage when you are at low hp.

So a 15k execute is maybe possible if you are at 10% at you max health, but that same execute only hits for about 1.5k - 2k when you are at over 50% of your hp.

You should not look at executioner if you want to see how much incoming damage you have, since that is nowhere near the average dmg that guy is going to hit on his attacks and the max damage of executioner does not mean anything.
    PC/EU, StamSorc Main
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You wear heavy mainly for the hp% increase and hp regen which works really nice with some sets. The armor from 5 1 1 heavy or light medium is less than 10% with right pieces.
    Because I can!
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The damage that may be done is based on variables by all of the players involved. Alessian, Nord, and, Lady provide a massive amount of resistance but the counter to resistance is penetration of which a high number can be achieved by a player, especially one using a 2-hand weapon.

As others have suggested, your health must have been lowered enough for executioner to have reached a high damage number and potentially paired with the enemy having high penetration at that time as well, big damage may be done to you. Even Alessian's health recovery would not protect you from the degree of burst allowed by counters to your build. As others have suggested, you have to use defensive moves to supplement your defenses. We cannot know what type of offense the enemy has built but it is best to assume the worse. Unless I am mistaken, block reduces damage received by 50% and a successful roll-dodge by 100%. Having said that, sometimes things happen so fast that one is simple simply outta luck.
    Edited by Dojohoda on November 20, 2020 6:39PM
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--