The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Markarth DLC - "Vows and Oaths" choice. What did you choose? What did it affect?

Ru5tyShackleford
I'm torn on what choice to make at the end of the "Vows and Oaths" quest.

The two seem to want to be together, but the guy's previous arrangement is holding him back. Should I force the marriage, since they seem to be okay with it, or let them drop it and split?
I first chose for them to break the arrangement hoping that they would go through with it anyway, but it seemed very bittersweet so I dropped and restarted the quest.

Another point for the arranged marriage- the storyteller's tale says that the tribes grew apart because of unrequited love. He claims the division will be solved eventually, but it might only grow worse. That, or the other fiancé will grow bitter.

What do the characters say after the choice? And somewhat importantly, what is the first fiancé's opinion afterwards? I really can't tell what she thinks about all this.
  • ZathrasParadox
    If I could find them I could give an answer to your question. Ran around with several guildies trying to find them but beyond finding the clues along the way, we could not find either of the two. We decided the game bugs/glitches that came with the DLC are preventing us from finding them.
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Spoiler:
    The two reluctant betrothed start to fall for each other over the course of the long quest arc, so they are fine with going ahead with it at the end. I took the option to tell what's-his-face that it's not fair to marry his original fiancée when he doesn't love her, and that letting her go gives her the opportunity to find real love. At the end, she's sad and wants some time alone to process, but I did not get any sense of anger or resentment or even that she didn't understand. She is just taken aback.
  • Ru5tyShackleford
    ZathrasParadox (Don't know how to directly respond to someone on this forum, sorry) - You should get the quest at Hroldan Ring, where a bunch of people are gathered.

Thanks for the info Minyassa! That eases my worries quite a bit, think that will be my choice!