Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Undaunted Celebration Date Change

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
Hi everyone,

We’d like to let you know that we have made the decision to officially move the upcoming Undaunted Celebration’s event dates, and it will now begin December 3 at 10am EST and run until December 15 at 10am EST. This change will allow the team to make several fixes to help dungeon performance and stability that will be implemented as part of the upcoming PC/Mac and console incremental patches. We believe these fixes will result in a significant improvement to dungeon performance during this period.

We’ll let you know as soon as we have dates scheduled for both patches, and we appreciate your patience while we work to make sure this event runs as smoothly as possible for everyone.
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the update
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • prof_doom
    prof_doom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems fair to me. Wouldn't be much fun to have a dungeon focused event with so many dungeons having issues right now.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice.
    I just hope that by December 3 this whole WW ulti / Soul Trap skill point bug will be sorted out & skill points will refunded...
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so I was reading through the announcement article and I have questions?
    If you’re not sure that you’re ready to tackle dungeons (or perhaps don’t have the time), you can also earn one Undaunted Reward Box a day by completing Bolgrul’s daily Undaunted delve quest. You can find Bolgrul within any Undaunted Enclave.

does this mean that we can get tickets from completion? or are tickets and glorious boxes still tied to group dungeons exclusively? and if the tickets are exclusive to group dungeons, how does Bogrul's daily save time exactly?

thanks in advance.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the heads up!
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If in addition to the dungeon issues and general crashes you could also look at 999+ ping spikes that started happening frequently since the 16th patch, and most of the time lead to booting to character screen, would be greatly appreciated
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, please also look at crashes.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    To point out the obvious: There's no assurance the bugs can be fixed in time.

If so, ZoS will need to go to a Plan C.

The precedent here, of course, is a Midyear Mayhem event that wound up happening after Midwinter, with a substitute DLC event at one point being swapped in in its place.
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

We’d like to let you know that we have made the decision to officially move the upcoming Undaunted Celebration’s event dates, and it will now begin December 3 at 10am EST and run until December 15 at 10am EST. This change will allow the team to make several fixes to help dungeon performance and stability that will be implemented as part of the upcoming PC/Mac and console incremental patches. We believe these fixes will result in a significant improvement to dungeon performance during this period.

We’ll let you know as soon as we have dates scheduled for both patches, and we appreciate your patience while we work to make sure this event runs as smoothly as possible for everyone.

Thanks @ZOS_GinaBruno. There was some confusion when the Undaunted Celebration email went out with the new date but the linked article showed the previous date.

Question: There are a few items in the crown store showcase related to the Undaunted Celebration. Will those items be moved to coincide with the new Undaunted Celebration dates?
    Megaservers: PC NA / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (sometimes)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Sharing My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    Charity:#GivingTheNewMeta
    ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/BenevolentBowd
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the update!
  • PandaPalace
    PandaPalace
    ✭✭✭
    Will we get chance on the regular versions of the monster helms/shoulders and will the regular versions of the weapons return to the crown store?
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'll give it 2 days before the group finder dies on us..
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Glad to hear it, it would have been ... very messy in the current state.

Under-50s constantly getting locked out of normal randoms when using the group finder is the main thing to me, but crashing dungeons a close second.
    PC NA
  • MajThorax
    MajThorax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ve come to realise that a "fix" in zos's mind is usually limited to a specific patch. They don't guarantee a fix will remain fixed. The dungeon finder is one of these fixed features that make a comeback frequently in the bug section. [snip]

[Edited to remove bashing comments]
    Edited by ZOS_Ragnar on November 24, 2020 3:03PM
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the assumption at ZOS is that this next batch of "fixes" will make things better than they are now. At this moment in time, the group finder has had massive issues for 6+ years and a few dungeons are broken and can't be completed, which is annoying. I'm fairly certain that whatever they will do will not fix the group finder in any meaningful way as they have had 6 years to iron that one out with minimal progress into the mystery of putting 4 people in a group and teleporting them into a dungeon.

The question is, will we have more or less dungeons broken after these fixes?

Basically, I consider the group finder a lost cause but I really don't want to see an increase in the number of dungeon crashes compared to what we have now or there was no point in delaying the event at all. Is ZOS that confident that they can fix the crashes without making them worse because they do not want to have things in a worse state than they are now in the middle of a dungeon event.
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thank the gods! I, for one, am enjoying the temporary reprieve from FOMO associated with special events.
  • baratron
    baratron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    silvereyes wrote: »
    Thank the gods! I, for one, am enjoying the temporary reprieve from FOMO associated with special events.

I personally really appreciated the Explorer's Celebration. Double XP, double gold, double resources from crafting nodes, no need to play the game any differently than you usually do, no need to keep track of Event Tickets.

I'd definitely like to see more low-key events like that in the future.
    Guildmaster of the UESP Guild on the North American PC/Mac Server 1900+ CP & also found on the European PC/Mac Server 1200+ CP

These characters are on both servers:
    Alix de Feu - Breton Templar Healer level 50
    Brings-His-Own-Forest - Argonian Warden Healer level 50
    Hrodulf Bearpaw - Nord Warden Bear Friend & identical twin of Bjornolfr level 50

NA-only characters:
    Martin Draconis - Imperial Sorceror Healer (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Arzhela Petit - Breton Dragonknight Healer (Daggerfall Covenant) level 50
    Bjornolfr Steel-Shaper - Nord Dragonknight Crafter & Not-Much-Damage Dealer (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
    Verandis Bloodraven - Altmer Nightblade Healer & clone of Count Verandis Ravenwatch (Aldmeri Dominion) level 50
    Gethin Oakrun - Bosmer Nightblade Thief & terrible Tank (Ebonheart Pact) level 50
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    baratron wrote: »
    silvereyes wrote: »

I personally really appreciated the Explorer's Celebration. Double XP, double gold, double resources from crafting nodes, no need to play the game any differently than you usually do, no need to keep track of Event Tickets.

I'd definitely like to see more low-key events like that in the future.

That was one of the nicest event we ever had.

Thank you for waiting to patch thing on the console/pc before starting Undaunted Celebration’s event.

Be safe and have fun :)
  • Elo106
    Elo106
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you, having events later due to fixes is a good thing imo!
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    last night at Moongrave,near end we were 5 ppl in group :p
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

• Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

Am I reading over the part where you say 'We're sorry, we screwed up the performance and communication about it?' or is this post supposed to be it?

Because there's masses of posts from users that would like an official reaction from ZOS about this mess, but it's so quiet there.
  • Madhatten512
    Madhatten512
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is this why the group finder isn't working right now?
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaimeh wrote: »
    If in addition to the dungeon issues and general crashes you could also look at 999+ ping spikes that started happening frequently since the 16th patch, and most of the time lead to booting to character screen, would be greatly appreciated

In the last half hour I have had two 999+ spikes, one booted me to character screen, one logged me out of the game completely. This has been happening daily since the Markarth release, my internet is fine, so I don't know what to do--scared of going into any content and crashing and inconveniencing the group. I really hope you fix the spikes with tomorrow's maintenance.

Edit to add: third crash in the span of 5 minutes. It's so frustrating.
    Edited by Jaimeh on November 22, 2020 1:55PM
  • ForeverJenn
    ForeverJenn
    ✭✭✭
    Can we get an update? There's no fix, no scheduled maintenance and half the dungeons are still broken.
  • FaceDancer
    FaceDancer
    ✭✭
    Can we get an update? There's no fix, no scheduled maintenance and half the dungeons are still broken.

I was wondering the same, the recent problems and the ones that doesn't fix the last patch. What that means for the undaunted celebration, it's going to be postponed to the next year?? Or it's going as planned despite the bugs
  • SerraKBella
    SerraKBella
    ✭✭✭
    I am also wondering if a fix is coming before this event starts. Yesterday I had two separate problems in dungeons. The first was on the second boss of Wayrest Sewers II, in the middle of combat my game just froze. I had to quit and restart my game and by the time I got back into dungeon 2 of the people had left. (I was the only 810 and I'm sure they thought I just left, but I would not have done that).

The second issue was getting ported into a Imperial City Prison the screen was loading me into the dungeon eternally. After 8 minutes I decided to quite out and reload again and by the time I came back I was either booted from group or the game thought I choose not to go because I had to wait out the penalty time before going back into dungeon finder.

I'm on Xbox NA, these are just a few of the issues from yesterday. Since the last patch I have had more freezing, eternal loading screens, log-in problems than ever before. I does make me concerned for the Undaunted Celebration event. I am really looking forward to this event too, and hope there will be some patch before it all starts.
  • Pearly
    Pearly
    ✭✭✭
    I am in the same boat as everyone else who would like some clear communication about what is happening. Are you going to be cancelling or postponing this event since the game is still not working properly? It seems wrong to say you're delaying the event so you can fix everything, and then not fix everything and still run the event.
  • Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ×Maintenance for the week of November 30:
    • PC/Mac: No maintenance – November 30

@ZOS_GinaBruno how confident are you about this event being a good idea with all those crashes?
  • Ariont
    Ariont
    ✭✭✭
    So we have the event running this week with no maintenance this week with dungeon finder broke and game crashing in dungeons. I dc'ed 3 times in fang lair on 2 bosses. Last time on final boss and I not only didn't get to loot the final boss, but did not get credit for my daily normal.

I don' t have much hope the undaunted event is going to be worth the trouble.
  • Recast85x
    Recast85x
    ✭✭
    The game is still crashing. I think most of us would prefer to see stability and the bluescreens/disconnects addressed vs an event that will be subjected to the badly broken present state of the game