The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

So the Undaunted Festival is...when?

Mix
Mix
✭✭✭✭✭
"#TamrielTogether also features a host of in-game events, including the Undaunted Celebration starting Dec 3rd and the New Life Festival starting Dec 17th. Come celebrate our Tamriel—together." - from email

On the #TamrielTogether page (https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/tamrieltogether) which says Nov 25 to Dec 8.

So, when does the Undaunted Festival really start and end?
  • ShawnLaRock
    ShawnLaRock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was just going to post about this.

Is it moved back until after console gets the patch... or is this a typo?

S.
  • RavenLake
    RavenLake
    ✭✭✭
    It will happen when it happens.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was looking forward to a longer Undaunted event, but I fear they shortened it back to the usual 6 "days."
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps they've delayed it in the hope of fixing some dungeon bugs.

If they don't fix some of the crashes, should we even want the event?
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

No, I'd rather they just extend New Life or give us extra tix during that event.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Just posted a thread about this here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/553537/
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Well, my entire response to this was just pre-empted by Gina’s post.

Glad to see some fixes are being implemented (a hotfix was done on PC today for the norm-but-really-vet issue) and planned. The only way this will be fair to everyone is if these fixes are implemented in a timely and equitable manner for both PC and console.

Also glad to see that the event is not being substantially curtailed despite the delay.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Every once in a while I get something exactly right. :)
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »

No, I'd rather they just extend New Life or give us extra tix during that event.

That could still happen if the planned fixes don't work out in time.

At least the event doesn't have a time-specific name like "Midyear Mayhem". :)

Another thing we learned from the much-moved Midyear Mayhem case is that they could swap in another event instead. It would have to be something for which they had both the technology and marketing ready to go. I don't know whether the Tribunal event would meet the latter criterion.
  • haelene
    haelene
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A week of lost event time is better than not being able to participate while the whole event runs. I'm cool with this.

Nvm, I'm an idiot. Thought we were loosing a week. Looks like we're not, which is even better. Sucks for people who planned to use their Thanksgiving holiday to farm, but honestly, I'm still they choose this direction.
    Edited by haelene on November 19, 2020 8:19PM
  • Azorean
    Azorean
    ✭✭✭
    Great, I was hoping to farm the head before going home in December and now I won't...
    And we will have 2 lengthy events in December where I'm never able to play...