The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Bar swap question

eMKa8
eMKa8
✭✭✭
Hi all

In order to set up my skills good enough i wanted to know how specific passive abilities actually work in ESO.

Example i am referring to : Innerlight (which gives you an additional 2600 spell critical rating - Major prophecy)

If i would link that to my front bar and then i would use the following 2 abilities (wall of elements and liquid flood) also on my front bar ...
what happens then if after 1 second i switch to my back bar ? Both abilities (wall and flood) are still going on for 11 and for 8 seconds , however i am now on back bar...
Does these seconds have the positive impact of major propecy which was given by inner light on the frontbar when it was casted ?
Or does the major prophecy of this dot end the moment i switch to backbar?

Fyi : i know that the max magicka increase of 5% of inner light will be switched the moment i go to backbar. So my question really is about the major prophecy when abilities are set off on the same bar , and only after that changed to the backbar
  • eMKa8
    eMKa8
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe a better question

If i activate 3 dots on my backbar and then directly switch to my front bar where i do have inner light. Will then the remaining seconds of the 3 dot abilities suddenly get extra major prophecy from inner light on front bar?
  • eMKa8
    eMKa8
    ✭✭✭
    Can anyone help me plz ?

One other small question.
    If you have wall of elements out , and you give sometimes critical damage ... does that then depend for every tick (second of that ability)?

Lets say your wall of elements last 12 seconds ...

Could it then be that your 3rd and 9th second are critical hits ?
    Do these critical hits from a dot also count for proccable things if they are linked to critical damage ?
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I hope I'm right on this, but yes, the Major Prophecy should attach to the skill when it is used and should carry over to the front bar. This is how VMA staves work with their buff to light attacks and how a set like Elf Bane works with DOTs dropped on the back bar. If you are running Inner Light on your front bar, it will not attach to the DOTs you dropped on your back bar.