Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Extraction Nerf?

Zama666
Zama666
✭✭✭✭
I had over 800 pieces of ruby ash wood - refined them ...Zero Legendary Rosin extracted. I have the max for extraction.
1016 Rubedite ore, I got 7 legendary tempers.....
The procs are against me?
  • KhajiitLivesMatter
    KhajiitLivesMatter
    ✭✭✭✭
    RNGesus dont like u ...
    its pure luck
    sometimes i get 0 out of 1000 sometimes 20....
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @tmbrinks

While I am fairly confident that RNG was not in your favor I have tagged our resident expert on the subject. They track all this stuff in detail.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The chance is 1:200 so the expected result from 800 would be 4 gold tempers. Getting zero is slightly unlikely but not inconceivable. Someone much better at the maths could likely tell you the exact odds of getting zero tempers from 800 raw mats, but I suspect it's not as low as you think.

You did get 7 tempering alloy from an expected result of 5 if that makes you feel better so you did well on that side.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Getting zero out of 800 is rare...but not exceedingly so; it's about a 1 in 55 chance of it happening, or 1.81%

Not something that I would bet on... but also not something I'd worry about unless it happens repeatedly.

Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    60,005 achievement points
  • Obsidian3
    Obsidian3
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do you have all the passives in Wood extraction?
  • KhajiitLivesMatter
    KhajiitLivesMatter
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zama666 wrote: »
    I had over 800 pieces of ruby ash wood - refined them ...Zero Legendary Rosin extracted. I have the max for extraction.
    1016 Rubedite ore, I got 7 legendary tempers.....
    The procs are against me?
    Obsidian3 wrote: »

• JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, it can happen. The Gremlins of RNG have not smiled upon you.

I've refined 200 ores, got no gold temper.

I've refined 23 ores, got 2 golds.

Filleted 200 fish, got no perfect roe.

Filleted 14 salmon, got a perfect roe.

Fickle and capricious are the Gremlins of RNG....
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    Obsidian3 wrote: »

Yes I do!....But not the CP ones - plentiful harvest?
  • Obsidian3
    Obsidian3
    ✭✭✭✭
    Plentiful Harvest is a chance to pull double yield from a resource node out in the wild. It has no affect on extraction The Devs told us way back in Beta, the only thing that increases your extraction chances are the Extraction passives in the skill lines.