The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO Economics

Zama666
Zama666
✭✭✭✭
So after the bonus event, think there will be a reduction in in mats at guild stores?
Up?

Does Mournhold have the busiest guild stores?

Any one track that this stuff? Or what page, add on will help me figure stuff out?

Where are the ESO Economists - chime in?

Tanks!
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Zama666 wrote: »
    So after the bonus event, think there will be a reduction in in mats at guild stores?
    Up?

Does Mournhold have the busiest guild stores?

Any one track that this stuff? Or what page, add on will help me figure stuff out?

Where are the ESO Economists - chime in?

Tanks!

The answer to all of your questions is:

It depends....

Ok but seriously it does. The first one depends on participation of the event, how many people have craft bags, the contents of said bags, the desire of people to farm their own mats, the desire of people who farm said mats to part with said mats, the amount of people that want to sell their mats that also are in guilds that have traders, the opportunity costs of selling other things, the price that people list said items, and the desire of people to travel to said traders to buy said items, among other factors...

So as you can see there are no simple answers...
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For GW2 there are websites where you can see the price of items over time and how they have previously responded to various events, armor updates, new releases, etc. I don’t know if there is any such site for ESO as I imagine it would be much more difficult without a global trading post. Also the absence of a global trading post tends to keep prices all over as people posting items for sale don’t have instant information on how many other people are selling and for what price.

This weekend there was much more than usual offers to buy gold and furnishing mats in zone chat and not always horrible offers but would probably make a nice profit for the buyers if they are able to flip the mats at current prices. It can be a win-win, especially if one is not in a trading guild but would like to sell the mats.
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you could see a handful of good deals out there, but overall no big reduction. Some people that normally would buy mats may have been able to stock up a little and won't be buying any for a short time to balance out the extra mats sellers picked up. Then you have the players that save up all their mats no matter what so any extra mats won't go to market. And you have others that purchase any deals regularly to stay stocked up because they produce so much, so you'll be competing with them to snatch up any good deals right away before they are gone.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks!

I found prices stayed about the same, but big swings in prices per guild store (the usual)

Mournhold prices were about the same, and higher than other places.

So much for my economic theories. Back to harvesting.....
  • Karm1cOne
    Karm1cOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Big price swings usually occur in accordance with meta changes, when lots of people gold out the new "best in slot" gear. Don't expect any big changes to the meta any time soon. ZOS apparently likes the current meta.
  • Calm_Fury
    Calm_Fury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mat prices never really change too drastically. At this point, people that do writs consistently have humongous amounts of mats already so offer is not really affected that much by events. I've never experienced mat prices changing drastically during those events (though it has been a while since I traded heavily).

The only things that really cause huge price spikes/drops are motif events and when big names publish builds with BoE gear that was not really used before.

A motif event can send the price of a page from 200k to 30k in days. A big content creator releasing a build can send the prices for the pieces of that BoE gear from 0 to even 1 million in a day as well.

Other than that, prices in ESO are actually quite stable. Mat prices always go up leading up to patches. A lot of people that sell mats from writs hold on to them a little to see if they will need to change gears, then when the patch drops several people changes gears in multiple characters, so offer goes down and demand goes up.

In my experience it never lasts more than 2-3 weeks, though, then it all goes back to normal.
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looks like prices did not budge!

that 2 for 1 temper sale never happened.

harvesting is still crazy, people still making the rounds!

FYI - I did a Jewelry Survey during the event - same number of drops 18-20 per cluster. No doubling.

• Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

FYI - I did a Jewelry Survey during the event - same number of drops 18-20 per cluster. No doubling.

The survey nodes are never affected by double mat drops or any other changes/additions to standard harvesting nodes.
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭

BTW, never seen so much farming in Cyrodiil until that Colovian War Torte dropped... :)
    In game ID: @KnightOfTacoma
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Guild: The Disenfranchised - ZZ!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP.Viscount of Tacoma - EP Lvl 18 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the war.
    RIP. Squire of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Knahaten Flu.
    RIP Reaper of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Consumption.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Dauphin of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC Kyne - Overdosed on Skooma.
    RIP Wraith of Tacoma - EP Lvl 10 Dragon Knight NA PC - Eaten by a dragon.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
    RIP Maharajah of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Lost in a sandstorm.
    RIP Vampire Of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Sorcerer NA PC - Fell asleep in the sun. RIP