The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Far out... after spending 5 minutes asking in zone... *** HOW TO GET OUT OF IMPERIAL CITY***

Catmophere
Catmophere
✭✭
soooo.... anyway to make suggestions in here? a map marker would be super nice. or some easier to spot mouse-over. please. like "exit". or "doorway to return" or whatever lore-like way you want to put it.

This seems to be a *very* commonly asked question. Although google first answers "elderscrollsonline" dot com is not very helpful either as a first result - *one picture* on that page would help. Just *one picture* with the actual appearance of that door under that subsection. Under this bit:
"
Leaving the Imperial City

There are two ways you can leave the Imperial City: by way of the Imperial City Prison or White-Gold Tower, and through your alliance's home base in the Imperial Sewers.

To leave the Imperial City, you go through your alliance's home base in the Imperial Sewers, the same way you came in. This will return you to your home base in Cyrodiil (the same campaign you entered through.)
If you leave the Imperial City by way of exiting the Imperial City Prison or White-Gold Tower dungeons, you will return to your alliance's capital city.
"

Been away for like 5 years... thought I would go explore some of the old 'hood'... ah so the sewer entrance is boarded up... but oh look there is 'Imperial city' on the "L" menu. cool.

But how to get *out*??? Ok so I vaguely remember when it was pointed out to me... but really and truly...

(Incidentally its the little things like this that have totally tripped me up coming back to the game... this one seems like an easier fix though?)

Is there a formal place to make suggestions?
  • deleted221106-002999
    deleted221106-002999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can also be helpfully assisted by a player in an opposing alliance - I would be happy to help out any time you need an exit. :)
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alright.

1. Leaving Manually: in the Middle chamber of your sewer base where you talked to your alliance general when you first went down there, there should be a door that will take you back to a regular zone. It used to take you to Cyrodiil before the rework.

Sorry, this is a bad picture of the EP base because its the whole of the Harena Hypogenum section of the sewers, but the exit door is where that arrow is pointing to in the upper right corner.

ON-map-Imperial_Sewers_Ebonheart_01.jpg

You can find a similar map for AD and DC on the UESP but the general principle is the same: its one of two doors in the central room and its the one that doesn't lead to the sewers.

2. Leaving via Queue
    This method works anywhere in the City. Queue up for a Cyrodiil campaign or the other Imperial City campaign. Leave from IC as described above. To leave Cyrodiil, you need to go to the wayshrine at the rear of your two Alliance's home bases.
    Edited by VaranisArano on October 14, 2020 12:15AM
  • SpiritofESO
    SpiritofESO
    ✭✭✭
    This is a topic I have recently revisited since I am now doing dailies (good for a Nightblade, easy to do without the annoying "dying" part) :smiley:

FIRST -- Campaigns > Imperial City > enter...
    In main room, turn SOUTH and there is a door labeled "EXIT." That's the easy way out.

HOWEVER, a big problem once you are in the city itself and want to exit, eh? Take the Sewers back, get whacked by roaming "kill groups" trying to suck up your Tel Var Stones??? NO!

Use the expensive (10,000 alliance points) "imperial retreat stones" to portal back??? NO!!!

Find a quiet corner, click Campaigns > click CYRODIIL (a fairly empty instance is fastest). 10 seconds later you are in Cyrodiil safely in your main base.

Again, immediately click Campaigns, click Imperial City AND ... 10 seconds later you are back in the main room in your Imperial City Alliance Base safely with your Tel Var Stones. Half a minute at most even with load times. :smiley:

NOw, face North, then turn right and go immediately to the Banker and store your precious Tel Var Stones.

Which, to come full circle, I use to get excellent --> Waxed Apothecary's Satchel :D
    • ~ PS NA ~ ALDMERI DOMINION ~
    • IVY GOLDBLADE, WOOD ELF NIGHTBLADE, Former Empress
    • IVY GOLDBLAZE, HIGH ELF TEMPLAR
    • "Adapt or Die"
  • Catmophere
    Catmophere
    ✭✭
    Souterain wrote: »
    You can also be helpfully assisted by a player in an opposing alliance - I would be happy to help out any time you need an exit. :)

lol ... :P

I did get out... it seems pretty crazy that people are suggesting going via the White Tower raid, or via Cyrodil taking multiple steps... when the super simple 1 step way is the exit/entrance that VaranisArano marked above (thanks!). So simple.

I just wish that they a) Made it easier to see when you're on your character in the base and b) updated their "information" page. Such a basic quality of life fix.

Oh well. Some things are just not going to change I guess.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Catmophere wrote: »
    Souterain wrote: »

lol ... :P

I did get out... it seems pretty crazy that people are suggesting going via the White Tower raid, or via Cyrodil taking multiple steps... when the super simple 1 step way is the exit/entrance that VaranisArano marked above (thanks!). So simple.

I just wish that they a) Made it easier to see when you're on your character in the base and b) updated their "information" page. Such a basic quality of life fix.

Oh well. Some things are just not going to change I guess.
    The problem is that if you are inside IC you can only get out by the sewers so you need to either go to the best IC district and then down into the sewer and then navigate to your base.
    https://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/file/Elder-Scrolls-Online/Imperial City Sewers.png
    If solo this can be dangerous, its also time consuming.
    Porting let you get skip this part and get back to base then sitting on lots of tel var.
    You can even start porting if things looks like get rough.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Map ins help cos when you go in just place a pin on th e exit , you can choose the colour and size of the pin....never get lost again.

Map pins is an addon you can download it from minion
  • Faiza
    Faiza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a topic I have recently revisited since I am now doing dailies (good for a Nightblade, easy to do without the annoying "dying" part) :smiley:

FIRST -- Campaigns > Imperial City > enter...
    In main room, turn SOUTH and there is a door labeled "EXIT." That's the easy way out.

HOWEVER, a big problem once you are in the city itself and want to exit, eh? Take the Sewers back, get whacked by roaming "kill groups" trying to suck up your Tel Var Stones??? NO!

Use the expensive (10,000 alliance points) "imperial retreat stones" to portal back??? NO!!!

Find a quiet corner, click Campaigns > click CYRODIIL (a fairly empty instance is fastest). 10 seconds later you are in Cyrodiil safely in your main base.

Again, immediately click Campaigns, click Imperial City AND ... 10 seconds later you are back in the main room in your Imperial City Alliance Base safely with your Tel Var Stones. Half a minute at most even with load times. :smiley:

NOw, face North, then turn right and go immediately to the Banker and store your precious Tel Var Stones.

Which, to come full circle, I use to get excellent --> Waxed Apothecary's Satchel :D

Wow, thank you for this. I'm definitely using this to dip the next time I get bored in Cyrodiil lol.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My preferred method is just to queue for Cyrodiil and leave that way.

However, since this is already a possibility, why can't we just have a "Leave Imperial City" button somewhere that does the exact same thing but put you back in the open world of Tamriel. It can't be game breaking as we already have the option with Cyrodiil queue and the extra transparency would be a massive quality of life improvement for all players as this question gets asked by nearly every player who first arrives to either Cyrodiil or Imperial City. "How do I get out of here?"
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My preferred method is just to queue for Cyrodiil and leave that way.

However, since this is already a possibility, why can't we just have a "Leave Imperial City" button somewhere that does the exact same thing but put you back in the open world of Tamriel.
    I don't think queuing for Cyrodiil is intended (or intentional?). It is so difficut to leave IC on the regular way, you have those expensive recall stones, I am always amazed you can get back via queue, too.

Maybe this should be fixed. Whoever wants the easy way out, should at least buy those recall stones.

Although during MYM we as a group/guild used that function when we had a long queue to Cyrodiil, so we went into IC, queued for Cyrodiil and were playing IC until we got ported. I wouldn't miss it. I mean, else we would have to do PVE while waiting.

That said, the different ways to leave IC (and Cyro for the matter) should be to find at two places:
    1. Map / Zone Guide
    2. F1

Most player don't know to press F1 for help, though...
    1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!