Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Elder Scroll Feel?

Dionysis
Dionysis
✭✭
So, I've seen people say that this game missed the mark for an Elder Scrolls game. That it lacks the TES heart and soul. I do not feel that way, the story is compelling, plenty of places to explore and find more quests, non-quest driven dungeons to go through.

I've seen people complain about the quests, saying they are like any other MMO, that the questing is all about grinding, but again, I might be missing something, but I remembered having someone run up to me because the village was under attack, going into a cellar to free people, going and grabbing crates with weapons, armor, and supplies, realizing the town was betrayed, going into the dude's house and taking him out.

Out in Glenumbra, of on the coast near a lighthouse with nothing else going on, I found a quest line about an AD attack I had to repel. The classes are super customizable. The crafting system is more in depth that Skyrim's ever was.

I don't mean to sound like a fanboy, but I really want to know. Obvoisly there are bugs. I'm not asking about Bots and goldspammers, dupe bugs or group phasing problems. I want to know, in what way do you feel that ESO missed the mark for an Elder Scrolls game?
  • Altheina
    Altheina
    ✭✭✭
    When I think deeper on this I sort of realize that it could be due to tons of add ons in the Elder Scroll games(Skyrim being the latest) that really add depths. Imagine TESO with tons of add ons that enhance not only the game functionality but also the graphic, character appearance and not to mention adding customized costumes, etc...

My 0.02 cents
    Altheina - Wood Elf Nightblade
    TESO Fun-fact 1: It takes to kill 119,050 mudcrabs to reach level 50
    TESO Fun-fact 2: There are 61 million items in the game
    TESO Fun-fact 3: There are 40,656,000 different weapon variations in the game
  • Dionysis
    Dionysis
    ✭✭
    So are you saying that you miss the feel of being able to mod the game, or just that the things you like the most were things added by the mod community?