The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Double XP?

Demoania
Demoania
Soul Shriven
The Double XP event is supposed to be live, but I'm not seeing a double xp icon anywhere? How do I know it's actually working?

"If you're trying to rely on wit, you're half way there!"
  • Ellimist_Entreri
    Ellimist_Entreri
    ✭✭✭
    I can confirm not seeing any sort of icon or indication of additional experience granted from the event. Additionally clicking the button for the event in announcements in-game pulls up the crown store, however there is no visible event category or quest starter to pick up.

To test this I ran a non daily (so minimal xp based on level) random normal dungeon as a level 25 char, DF said xp from the run would be ~20k. With a 50% scroll active at the end of the run I got ~30k xp, which is what would be expected if only the scroll were granting bonus xp from that source.

This tells me at least the bonus xp from the event is not active on the random dungeon bonus rewards. Didn't test gold/mats.

Update: Test 2
    Elden Hollow 1 - full clear, no xp bonus items active
    Another character, level 22 going into the run - DF states xp bonus of 16,434
    Total xp gained during the run including bonus = 22,977

From what I can tell the additional experience is applying to killed enemies as expected, however it does not seem to be active on the random dungeon bonus experience.

EDIT: POST EVENT -
    The XP from Random Dungeon (and Daily) runs was doubled, the number displayed was in fact 2x the base amount which is why no additional experience was observed.
    Edited by Ellimist_Entreri on November 16, 2020 3:19PM
  • phbell
    phbell
    ✭✭✭✭
    Go farm a resource node. If you get 2x mats then it is working
  • Riinaraiith
    Riinaraiith
    ✭✭
    ... and how would you be able to tell if you get 2x mats?
    It's not uncommon to get 2 of a material from a single node.
    And I'm currently still seeing odd numbers on farming.
    That doesn't look like 2x to me.
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    crafting dailys give double gold- just test it
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

• Riinaraiith
    Riinaraiith
    ✭✭
    PLEASE NOTE !!!!

The event's parameters / code does NOT work if you're still playing the same character as before the event started.

If you log out and log back in, the code will be picked up on and your farming will be much better.
  • Ellimist_Entreri
    Ellimist_Entreri
    ✭✭✭
    PLEASE NOTE !!!!

The event's parameters / code does NOT work if you're still playing the same character as before the event started.

If you log out and log back in, the code will be picked up on and your farming will be much better.

Logged in after the start of the event in my case, still had no bonus experience from the event as stated in my report above.
    UPDATE: Did another test using a character that had no experience bonus items active (report added to my original post above in this thread) - as far as I can tell the bonus experience from the event is being applied as expected to killed enemies however it is not being applied to the random dungeon bonus.

Directly from the event description:
    "Double XP gains from every source
    This stacks with other XP boosts such as scrolls or group multipliers"

EDIT: POST EVENT -
    The XP from Random Dungeon (and Daily) runs was doubled, the number displayed was in fact 2x the base amount which is why no additional experience was observed.
    Edited by Ellimist_Entreri on November 16, 2020 3:19PM
  • Riinaraiith
    Riinaraiith
    ✭✭
    Still getting single drops on farming nodes.
    No 2x being applied here.
    Can ZOS please explain how they see "Double drops from harvest nodes (not fishing!)"
  • Riinaraiith
    Riinaraiith
    ✭✭
    Doesn't seem to apply to Surveys either.......
  • Sirvaleen
    Sirvaleen
    ✭✭✭✭

It never does.

There's an official thread, posting theŕe would probably give more visibility to the problem if you're not getting the buffs :

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en-GB/discussion/552514/official-discussion-thread-for-get-bonus-xp-gold-and-drops-during-the-explorer-s-celebration#latest
  • Riinaraiith
    Riinaraiith
    ✭✭
    Sirvaleen wrote: »

It never does.

There's an official thread, posting theŕe would probably give more visibility to the problem if you're not getting the buffs :

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en-GB/discussion/552514/official-discussion-thread-for-get-bonus-xp-gold-and-drops-during-the-explorer-s-celebration#latest

Also a thread without ZOS actually answering the questions posed ..... so far it looks like it makes no difference to post there or here.
    But I'll be good and post it there as well.
    Edited by Riinaraiith on November 13, 2020 11:35AM