The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Unleashed Terror

vk407
vk407
Soul Shriven
I am playing as stamina warden in BG 2.3k crit resist and 24k armor 30k hp

A few times I die to a templar in 5 seconds using that set I see 12k dmg from unleashed terror, which is almost 50% dmg dealt.

Is this set working as intended? I mean 12k dmg in 5 seconds of topple charge seem insane
  • Xiomaro
    Xiomaro
    ✭✭✭
    Unleashed Terror is definitely right up there as one of the most over performing proc sets. The damage it does is in line with all the other DOT procs. What makes it OP is the fact that it can be applied AOE, lasts 10 seconds and only has a cooldown per target. And that cooldown also happens to be 10 seconds so you can get close to 100% uptime on it.
    PC EU No CP PVP
    Xiomaro: Nord Stamsorc
    Xio'maro: Breton Magsorc
    Falura Avelni: Dunmer Vampblade
    Ulric Longboi: Nord Stamden
    Sha'boom-boom: Orc Werewolf Tank
    Morga The Roarer Nord Stamcro
    Options
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xiomaro wrote: »
    Unleashed Terror is definitely right up there as one of the most over performing proc sets. The damage it does is in line with all the other DOT procs. What makes it OP is the fact that it can be applied AOE, lasts 10 seconds and only has a cooldown per target. And that cooldown also happens to be 10 seconds so you can get close to 100% uptime on it.

I really need to test this, I purge it and before I know it I have it right back on me. Very few debuffs scare me like this one does lol.
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
    Options
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Grimlok_S wrote: »

I really need to test this, I purge it and before I know it I have it right back on me. Very few debuffs scare me like this one does lol.

Well, something called "Unleashed Terror" is supposed to be scary, no? :)
    Options
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Unleashed Terror is definitely right up there as one of the most over performing proc sets. The damage it does is in line with all the other DOT procs.

How can it overperform and be in line with other sets at the same time?

Either way, unleashed, azure blight, maelstrom 2H axe, plus stampede on a stam sorc is wicked fun.

Options
  • Xiomaro
    Xiomaro
    ✭✭✭
    katorga wrote: »
    Unleashed Terror is definitely right up there as one of the most over performing proc sets. The damage it does is in line with all the other DOT procs.

How can it overperform and be in line with other sets at the same time?

Either way, unleashed, azure blight, maelstrom 2H axe, plus stampede on a stam sorc is wicked fun.

Well, take something like Venomous Smite that has 10 seconds up time and 15 second cooldown - it's also AOE. When you take the cooldown into account it does the same damage as Unleashed Terror. However, it can proc on the wrong person or the person you proc it on might not be killable for whatever reason. Either way, the proc gets wasted.

With Unleashed Terror, you can proc it AOE with Stampede but you can guarantee it always ends up on the right person. And if you charge one person and they pop a defense ult, no biggie. Just go charge someone else and proc it on them.

Unleashed Terror combined with Merciless Charge is just crazy powerful.
    PC EU No CP PVP
    Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crit resistance is nullified by him using Malacath

12k from Unleashed .... Stamplar doesnt have much modifiers for a Proc. In BG so cant be CP

Must have actually been the full duration.

The increase has to be from Malacath + penetration.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crit resistance is nullified by him using Malacath

12k from Unleashed .... Stamplar doesnt have much modifiers for a Proc. In BG so cant be CP

Must have actually been the full duration.

The increase has to be from Malacath + penetration.

another insightful post: couldn't agree more!
    Options
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The combination of Unleashed Terror + Maelstrom 2h with spammable gap closers is just plain ludicrous, especially since the ground AOE DOT on Stampede will automatically reapply the Maelstrom 2h DOT to multiple targets with no cooldown.
    Options
  • master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unleashed Terror is OP
    Edited by master_vanargand on November 10, 2020 6:28AM
    Options
  • MentalxHammer
    MentalxHammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blatantly broken carry set, cant believe they made a balance pass on sheer venom but not this. New gear in mmos is usually stronger than older gear, but come on man, this just looks like a blatant effort to sell dlc.
    Options
  • Theignson
    Theignson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your recap shows the sum of multiple proc ticks.

Best way to understand what damage you're taking is to use combat metrics or similar program. It breaks down the damage and distinguished between direct and proc damage.

Death recap is very unreliable
    Quakrson, Stam DK, Grand Overlord
    Trackrsen, Stam Warden, Grand Overlord
    Quakrsen, Mag DK, Overlord
    Tolliverson, Stam NB, General
    Farfarel, Stam Necro, Praetorian
    Spencerson, Templar, Prefect
    Phosphorson, Mag Sorc, Brigadier
    Phosphorsen, Stam Sorc, Tribune
    Glimson, Arcanist, Major
    All EP/ PC NA
    Options
  • JayKwellen
    JayKwellen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    12k in 5 seconds? On a warden with built-in minor protection?

...Are you sure you're wearing any armor at all? Seriously though, I think you're just reading it wrong or the death recap isn't accurate. There's absolutely no way it could be correct, because there's literally no way unleashed is ticking for 2400/second.

The biggest unleashed proc I've suffered was 3,995 over 6 ticks, or a whopping 665/tick. Mind you, that's on a medium armor wearing DK built for quickness and smashing things, not tanking damage for any kind of extended period.

On its own it's actually kind of underwhelming imo, and really only a problem when you run into those people who are stacking multiple proc sets and/or malacath.

Xbox NA - JaeKwellen
    AD PvP
    Trying to main a magcro. This is awful.
    Options
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    JayKwellen wrote: »

On its own it's actually kind of underwhelming imo, and really only a problem when you run into those people who are stacking multiple proc sets and/or malacath.

Good that there are not so many of those.

Oh wait a second .....

You just described 90% of the noCP players.
    Because I can!
    Options
  • Xiomaro
    Xiomaro
    ✭✭✭
    Bashev wrote: »
    JayKwellen wrote: »

Good that there are not so many of those.

Oh wait a second .....

You just described 90% of the noCP players.

It gives the developers a clue as to how they solve the issue, though.

It's true that minus Malacath and multiple procs, each individual proc isn't too bad. The issue is multiple things procing from a single GCD and damage multipliers like Malacath. Every proc is balanced to basically the same numbers since Stonethorn. In theory every proc should be as good as the others but they're not because of proc conditions. The best procs are the ones with the most favourable proc conditions.

The problem with Unleashed Terrror is that you can combine it with Merciless Charge and Syvarra and basically just hit Stampede on your vMA bar then bar swap and Syvarra will proc as well. This applies 3 very powerful AOE procs with a single GCD. Not to mention that you can run this with Malacath.

Another example is Nightblades with poison procs. The one combo that I seriously can't survive (albeit on a fairly squishy build) is BRP bow, Syvarra and Venomous Smite. A Nightblade can proc all 3 if they open with Magnum Shot. In open world you could probably do snipe into Magnum Shot for some extra up front burst. It's genuinely insane because the Magnum Shot also stuns you, so you're immediately on the back foot.

The simple solution would be to introduce a global cooldown to procs. Even just a 1 second cooldown would prevent half of the cheese while leaving the less OP procs intact.
    PC EU No CP PVP
    Options
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The simple solution would be to introduce a global cooldown to procs. Even just a 1 second cooldown would prevent half of the cheese while leaving the less OP procs intact

It's a simple solution, but haven't we learned anything from making general global changes to stuff? It never ends well because a global cooldown on procsets doesn't affect everything in the same way.

All procs aren't equally oppressive and shouldn't be treated as such. I'm not defending the procmeta we currently have, but the most simple solution isn't to add a global cooldown to procs (would actually require lots of work since you need to decide what a "proc" is and what sets should fall under this category) but to disable malacath from boosting damage sources that can't critically strike to begin with (which in most cases are procs).
    Options
  • Xiomaro
    Xiomaro
    ✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    The simple solution would be to introduce a global cooldown to procs. Even just a 1 second cooldown would prevent half of the cheese while leaving the less OP procs intact

It's a simple solution, but haven't we learned anything from making general global changes to stuff? It never ends well because a global cooldown on procsets doesn't affect everything in the same way.

All procs aren't equally oppressive and shouldn't be treated as such. I'm not defending the procmeta we currently have, but the most simple solution isn't to add a global cooldown to procs (would actually require lots of work since you need to decide what a "proc" is and what sets should fall under this category) but to disable malacath from boosting damage sources that can't critically strike to begin with (which in most cases are procs).

I mean, the best solution would be to create more difficult proc conditions for the big offenders but Stonethorn pulled in the opposite direction unfortunately.

An Unleashed Terror nerf is definitely coming sooner or later. It'll probably be something like a 10 second cooldown on the user rather than per target. That would bring it right into line with stuff like Venomous Smite at least.
    PC EU No CP PVP
    Options
  • techyeshic
    techyeshic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know that a nerf is coming other than if its to push a new gear set. I'm afraid these procs are going to become their gear progression with each update to sell DLC and promote "low APM players."
    Options
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »

I mean, the best solution would be to create more difficult proc conditions for the big offenders but Stonethorn pulled in the opposite direction unfortunately.

An Unleashed Terror nerf is definitely coming sooner or later. It'll probably be something like a 10 second cooldown on the user rather than per target. That would bring it right into line with stuff like Venomous Smite at least.

IMHO making procs scale with offensive stats like stam/mag etc would be the best solution.
    Its clear that Zos can't balance the current flat damage sets.
    With Stat scaling introduced, wearing multiple strong procsets simply wouldn't be a good option anymore, you couldnt have toxic a.. Builds with 40k hp and 2k weapon damage getting carried by offensive procs purely.
    Options
  • Joinovikova
    Joinovikova
    ✭✭✭✭
    vk407 wrote: »
    I am playing as stamina warden in BG 2.3k crit resist and 24k armor 30k hp

A few times I die to a templar in 5 seconds using that set I see 12k dmg from unleashed terror, which is almost 50% dmg dealt.

Is this set working as intended? I mean 12k dmg in 5 seconds of topple charge seem insane

malacatch + proc sets standard gameplay now but even without malacatch u can stacn venomos smite with unleash terror
    Options