Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Query about moving from disc to digital

Hallothiel
Hallothiel
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Have base game with Any Race Any Alliance on disc - all other chapters etc I have are digital. After 4 + years would like to switch to all digital if poss - disc getting a bit battered!

I presume I am going to have to buy the game again (sigh) as there does not appear to be an option to just upgrade the base game.

But am I also going to have to buy Any Race Any Alliance separately? And where from, as have not seen this on sale anywhere?

Has anyone changed from disc to digital and was it easy?
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Hallothiel

You will need to purchase the base game for ESO digitally in order to avoid using the disk. The "Any Race Any Alliance" entitlement may already be tied directly to your account.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the reply @ZOS_BillE - but what if its not?!
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This still not been answered. Would like to know due to age of disc, and upcoming choices in tegards to PS5 versions.

So, @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BillE @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_anyone

Please can you say whether you keep ARAA if had it on disc version & move to digital version?

I don’t want to just see if it ‘may’ already be directly tied to my account as I have characters that are not aligned with their ‘alliance’ and so would probably break my game if it’s not.
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @Hallothiel

You will need to purchase the base game for ESO digitally in order to avoid using the disk. The "Any Race Any Alliance" entitlement may already be tied directly to your account.
    *Edit: Oh now I see it's on console! My bad.
    I don't understand this, I'm probably dense XD, but why wouldn't OP just be able to DL the [Digital] game installer from the ESO sight, install and just log on with the current account? Am I missing something here?
    Edited by Idinuse on November 9, 2020 12:53PM
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • hafgood
    hafgood
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm in the same position as @Hallothiel and so would appreciate an answer as well. I'd prefer to go disc-less when I change to ps5.

I also do not understand why I have to repurchase the base game. I own it already, why should we have to repurchase something we already own?
  • cynicalbutterfly
    cynicalbutterfly
    ✭✭✭✭
    As long as you buy the digital on your current Playstation account everything will carry over. Everything on your ESO account is tied to your PS account. Change the PS account and you'll start from scratch on ESO. Buying a digital version will basically act like an upgrade does. You may need to reinstall to get it to accept no disc but everything else will stay as is.
  • cynicalbutterfly
    cynicalbutterfly
    ✭✭✭✭
    hafgood wrote: »
    I'm in the same position as @Hallothiel and so would appreciate an answer as well. I'd prefer to go disc-less when I change to ps5.

I also do not understand why I have to repurchase the base game. I own it already, why should we have to repurchase something we already own?

I always found it comical when PS says to buy a game I already have on disc. Should be a system in place so that the store itself can see that you've downloaded it once from disc and own it so that you can download it later when the disc is no longer usable.