Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Get Bonus XP, Gold, and Drops During the Explorer’s Celebration"

ZOS_SarahHecker
ZOS_SarahHecker
✭✭✭✭✭
ap3kl6o530hg.png
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article "Get Bonus XP, Gold, and Drops During the Explorer’s Celebration"

For this weekend only, you can get double XP, resource node drops, and gold in any zone in Tamriel during the Explorer’s Celebration!
Staff Post
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cool 🙂

But please, please can you fix the glitch that prevents entry to Markarth from the outside?

PC EU Subscribed

Currently you can walk out of the zone but the wayshrine is the only way in. The Bangkorai cart has no E button, the Blackreach gate and the Reach overland path from Western Skyrim both have an E but it’s greyed out.

Even if you cannot fix this can we at least have a reply that you are aware of this issue

My guild was hoping to do a cross continent trip once the new zone appeared ☹️
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool 🙂

But please, please can you fix the glitch that prevents entry to Markarth from the outside?

PC EU Subscribed

Currently you can walk out of the zone but the wayshrine is the only way in. The Bangkorai cart has no E button, the Blackreach gate and the Reach overland path from Western Skyrim both have an E but it’s greyed out.

Even if you cannot fix this can we at least have a reply that you are aware of this issue

We are aware of this issue and working on a fix.
    Staff Post
  • CelticJulo
    Hi, for card spotting, you have the double too?
    Tanks!
  • dcam86b14_ESO
    dcam86b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice save on this bug that's been giving out double nodes since markarth dropped.
  • Obsidian3
    Obsidian3
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oooohhh we know how to lure ole Ob3 out of hiding! Double Node drops in all zones! :o

all my fav farming spots with fresh double nodes. I haz nerd b***r!!

Thanks Team, we needed this right now. :)

p.s. can we get a quick bot purge b4 the event starts, so our trails are unmolested by bot filth.

Thanks again!
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Does this also mean double exp gain for the scrying/excavation skilllines, and double excavation drops?

Just asking, since it is an explorer event and scrying/excavation is a form of exploration.
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cool 🙂

PC EU Subscribed

We are aware of this issue and working on a fix.

Great stuff 😇
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    An event that rewards players for the time they play the content they enjoy - without putting pressure to get event berries - very nice.
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • seecodenotgames
    seecodenotgames
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does this include double gold from daily writ quests?
    Houses on PC EU (newest first)
    • 62. Sand Castles (Fogbreak Lighthouse) - A literal life size sand castle
    • 61. Riften Meadery (Old Mistveil Manor) - A new meadery has opened outside Riften
    • 60. Helene's Writing Room (Golden Gryphon Garret) - A small room for Helene to get some quiet writing time
    • 59. Picnic at Pelin (Black Vine Villa) - Based on the lore book Picnic at Pelin (A Horror Story)
    • 58. Almalexias Temple (Forsaken Stronghold) - A Dunmer Tower with a shrine to the three
    • 57. Pirate New Life For Me (Highhallow Hold) - A pirate tavern where they gift you loot
    • 56. Woodvine Cathedral (Agony's Ascent) - A living cathedral thriving in the Deadlands
    • 55. Dark Elf Town House (Quondam Indorilia) - A small and cosy town house on the edge of Mournhold
    • 54. The Secret Tower (Exorcised Coven Cottage) - A hidden mage tower in the swamps on the Hag Fen
    • 53. Knight Club (Frostvault Chasm) - A disco in a dwarven mineshaft
    • 52. Dwemer Cave City (The Erstwhile Sanctuary) - A lost dwarven city has been found deep underground
    • 51. Alinor Gryphon Aerie (Colossal Aldmeri Grotto) - A place where gryphons are trained
    • 50. The Charred Towers (Doomchar Plateau) - Deadlands themed fortress with two towers and custom furniture
    • 49. Argonian Sea Town (Tel Galen) - An Argonian sea port
    • 48. Daedric Princess Tower (Seaveil Spire) - An underwater tower dedicated to the Daedric Prince Meridia
    • 47. Fargrave Observatory (Ossa Accentium) - An observatory in the portal realm of Fargrave
    • 46. Hundings Beach House (Hundings Palatial Hall) - Beach house and hottub
    • 45. Crystal Gardens (Snugpod) - Enchanted Gardens with crystalline trees
    • 44. Dawnlight Health Spa (Princely Dawnlight Palace) - Our spa waters are revitalising and ready to heal your aching body
    • 43. Mountainside Retreat (Pariah's Pinnacle) - An orc mountainside hall with an amazing view
    • 42. Volcanic Vile Villa (Kushalit Sanctuary) - A private hollowed out volcano for all your mad alchemist needs
    • 41. Arenthian Water Temple (Strident Springs Demesne) - A relaxing water temple outside Arenthia
    • 40. Woodland Cottage (Ald Velothi Harbor House) - A house in a tree, but not a treehouse
    • 39. Winter Snow Meadhall (Enchanted Snow Globe Home) - A winter meadhall has opened to get everyone in the festive mood
    • 38. Fire and Ice Hotel (Elinhir Private Arena) - An new hotel has opened with an ice bar and a lava room
    • 37. City of Princes (Pantherfang Chapel) - Citadese is under attack from a dragon invasion. Prince Tarvia is leading the escape through the sewers.
    • 36. Dark Brotherhood Home (Stay-Moist Mansion) - A Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary found beneath an Argonian village
    • 35. Volkihar Courtyard (Velothi Reverie) - A castle courtyard modelled on the famous Volkihar Castle in Skyrim
    • 34. Rada's Summer Getaway (Potentate's Retreat) - A Redguard mansion with a dark vampiric secret in the basement
    • 33. Cascadia Wine N Dine (Sweetwater Cascades) - Vineyard and meadery with two restaurants and a chapel
    • 32. Walled Kitchen Garden (Amaya Lake Lodge) - Fresh produce and cut flowers for sale. Hot food served in a family restaurant.
    • 31. Luckycat Summerhouse (Lucky Cat Landing) - A khajiiti villa with spa and dining
    • 30. Helene's Boutique (Water's Edge) - The famous dressmaker has opened a new dress shop in town
    • 29. Alinor Garden Party (Mathiisen Manor) - A party in the flower gardens of a Altmer noble's manor
    • 28. Markarth Bath House (Stone Eagle Aerie) - A relaxing spa and bath house with an arts and craft centre
    • 27. Treeboat house (The Gorinir Estate) - No one know how an imperial ship ended up in the treetops
    • 26. Varlaisvea College (Varlaisvea Ayleid Ruins) - An ancient library has been discovered deep inside an Ayleid ruin
    • 25. City on the Moon (The Orbservatory Prior) - Moonbase with housing and an inn under the stars
    • 24. Lakemire Water Gardens (Lakemire Xanmeer Manor) - Relaxing hanging gardens and a fish restaurant beneath the Xanmeer
    • 23. Hircine's Hunt Club (Hunters Glade) - A relaxing villa for werewolves to feast in the ever refilling hunting grounds
    • 22. Lost Dwarven Kingdom (Shalidor’s Shrouded Realm) - A lost Dwemer king's palace has been found in a mage's pocket realm
    • 21. Replaced with 54. The Secret Tower
    • 20. Topal Fishing Resort (Grand Topal Hideaway) - A resort in the middle of a fishing lake on a private island
    • 19. Castleton Manor (Alinor Crest Townhouse) - The home of Lord Castleton and his daughter Sonja
    • 18. Cave of BBQ N Ribs (Earthtear Cavern) - A secret rocky dome, hosts a BBQ and ribs restaurant
    • 17. Who Lived in a Shoe (The Ample Domicile) - There was an old reach witch who lived in a shoe
    • 16. Dwemer Party Tower (Hall of the Lunar Champion - Lion's Cradle) - A dwarven flying tower repurposed for parties
    • 15. A Taste of Alinor (Sleek Creek House) - A small piece of Alinor beside a creek
    • 14. Lava Submarine Base (Bastion Sanguinaris) - An evil vampire alchemy lab, accessible only via a lava submarine
    • 13. Spirit-tree Library (Wraithhome) - A library built atop an ancient forest within an ancient Daedric ruin
    • 12. Golden Beach Palace (Thieves' Oasis) - A dwarven inspired Redguard beach resort
    • 11. Mad Scientists House (Cyrodilic Jungle House) - Workshop and garage with an experimental De-lore-ean
    • 10. Big Toy House (Antiquarian's Alpine Gallery) - Two life sized doll's houses and a inn beneath the stairs
    • 9. Icy Falls Inn (Forgemaster Falls) - Two Nord lodges on a lake, serving mead and fresh fish
    • 8. Blue-ice Palace (Stillwaters Retreat) - Solitude, but on a frozen lake
    • 7. Mushroom Manor (Coldharbour Surreal Estate) - Dunmer house built from giant mushrooms
    • 6. Vampire Academy with wine bar (Daggerfall Overlook) - Come for the nibbles; stay for eternity
    • 5. Three Pillows War (Grymharth's Woe) - Re-enact the three banners war with pillow forts and floof balls
    • 4. Treefern House (Moon-sugar meadow) - Giant treefern treehouse
    • 3. Artaeum Theatre/Opera housel (Grand Psijic Manor) - Tiered Balcony
    • 2. Imperial Bridal Suite (Linchal Grand Manor) - Wedding venue with bridal suite extension
    • 1. Dragonguard Penthouse (Jode's Embrace) - 3 Extra floors, with indoor conservatory and top floor gym
  • goldenarcher1
    goldenarcher1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A surprise event with double node drops across all of Tamriel?

ZJeoA0K.gif

• Nepenthe
    Nepenthe
    ✭✭✭
    Could you also pretty pretty please fix Scathing Mage? There are multiple direct damage AoE attacks that are unable to trigger it, still. Most notably: Daedric Tombs, Unstable Wall of Elements (end of spell explosion), Pulsar (Ele. Ring works, as described in pts notes), Stalking Blastbones.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ever so slightly boring. Surely there are plenty more fascination ways to make such an event.
    Experience is relatively useless because you hard capped Champion Points and gold drops are very low to begin with.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice, double um... almost everything... cool ;) But... is it just me or...
    3jhWOnf.gif?noredirect

ZOS, what are you up to ?

I mean... it is surprising that we have something nice in the middle of the month...
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does the XP boost stack with the Witchmother's Boon, which I have leftover duration for on most of my characters?
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nice, double um... almost everything... cool ;) But... is it just me or...
    3jhWOnf.gif?noredirect

ZOS, what are you up to ?

I mean... it is surprising that we have something nice in the middle of the month...
    Marketing department deemed it unacceptable that we have several event-free days
  • Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sarannah wrote: »
    Does this also mean double exp gain for the scrying/excavation skilllines, and double excavation drops?

Just asking, since it is an explorer event and scrying/excavation is a form of exploration.

Please!
    PC-NA
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I presume "harvest nodes" excludes crafting surveys again?
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I presume "harvest nodes" excludes crafting surveys again?

Harvest nodes have always excluded surveys, if I recall correctly.
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • TheInvalidUsername
    TheInvalidUsername
    ✭✭✭✭
    I heard someone say this also included double rewards for daily coffers, is this true or did I just misinterpret something?
    Do your writs.
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it REALLY that difficult to write the times in CET as well????
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Edited by Octopuss on November 12, 2020 7:26AM
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Octopuss wrote: »
    Is it REALLY that difficult to write the times in CET as well????
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Why only CET, though? Maybe I don't want to convert time from that either
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, based on where the servers are located. Of course you can't mention every single time zone, but as far as I can tell, outside of the U.S. GMT/CET+x is typically used, while americans have several "standalone" time zones.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does the double gold include plunders from vet trials? And sounds like a cool event for some resource and xp farm, thank you!
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaimeh wrote: »
    Does the double gold include plunders from vet trials? And sounds like a cool event for some resource and xp farm, thank you!

It should, vet trials are taking about twice as long as usual with all the crashes people are experiencing. Double the rewards and it would at least cancel out that one part of the problem.
  • LannStone
    LannStone
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does this include double gold from daily writ quests?

Yes it does - guess I'll be cycling through all those crafting alts every day again this weekend
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does the XP boost stack with the Witchmother's Boon, which I have leftover duration for on most of my characters?

The answer to my question turns out to be YES.
  • StormWylf
    StormWylf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does this also mean double exp gain for the scrying/excavation skill lines, and double excavation drops?

Great question, I might have missed it but I never saw a ZOS response. Does anyone know?
  • Sirvaleen
    Sirvaleen
    ✭✭✭✭
    StormWylf wrote: »
    Does this also mean double exp gain for the scrying/excavation skill lines, and double excavation drops?

Great question, I might have missed it but I never saw a ZOS response. Does anyone know?

Doubtful. Skill lines that have their own way of leveling, independent of regular XP, never benefit from double XP events afaik.
  • Riinaraiith
    Riinaraiith
    ✭✭
    Still getting single drops on farming nodes.
    No 2x being applied here.
    Can ZOS please explain how they see "Double drops from harvest nodes (not fishing!)"

[Edit] .... so far in farming, the only explanation I can think of is that there is no actual doubling of the results from farming a node but that the "farming" action is resolved twice and results from both actions are added simultaneously to inventory.

That is not "double" that is "twice".
    Edited by Riinaraiith on November 13, 2020 11:39AM
  • quantumartist
    quantumartist
    ✭✭
    All I want for Christmas is to migrate my Xbox account to PC so I can play my expensive account purchases and not have to start my progress from scratch on Stadia. Not putting time or money into ESO till I can.