The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Battlegrounds has been ruined

Scott_Sterlling
Being able to Q as a party is great, but the 1 in 20 deathmatch's is ridiculous and the removal of being able to choose what you want. Its as if we are being forced now to play all the other modes because someone thought people actually enjoy these stupid capture games. Everyone plays battlegrounds usually for deathmatch. Now you have to deal with playing games that everyone leaves because they want a deathmatch. Make a deathmatch Q and those who want random will still have that, but for the majority, a deathmatch Q is needed.
Edited by Scott_Sterlling on November 4, 2020 9:10PM
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure why you're getting that, I have deathmatch every time.
    Sometimes you get a deathmatch that ends at 35 team kills, but the other death match modes let me get that many or more just by myself. Good change!
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • Scott_Sterlling
    Theres only one deathmatch, cap relic, crazy king, and ball all are about objectives, and usually doesnt revolve around killing. Deathmatch is fun cause its just about the kills.
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Theres only one deathmatch, cap relic, crazy king, and ball all are about objectives, and usually doesnt revolve around killing. Deathmatch is fun cause its just about the kills.

Not sure I follow. In one death match I noticed it was hard to find people consistently if I wasn't at their base killing them every time they dropped down.

In another deathmatch mode a player picked up a beacon and all the teams flocked to him, super easy to find players, enabling high kill games!

Other death matches have stationary beacons players will run to and stand on, allowing you to walk up and kill them, then rotating locations for maximum kills.

Happy hunting!
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • Scott_Sterlling
    Deathmatch is a mode by itself. You score by getting kills, each kill is worth 15 points, and 500 wins. Land grab and Flag games aka capture the relic, crazy king, domination, chaos ball are won by doing various objectives. I just want to kill, no capturing flags, no running relics.
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see. 500 / 15 means you can only get ~33 kills in a deathmatch? That's quite low.

The other deathmatches allow for much higher kill counts.
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • Gaggin
    Gaggin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Every match is deathmatch.
  • Scott_Sterlling
    I mean you can say every match is, but if you only go around killing, your team starts complaining about objectives not being handled. Have you never done a deathmatch battleground, cause the way you talk about it seems like you are just now hearing about it.
    Edited by Scott_Sterlling on November 4, 2020 11:06PM
  • Gaggin
    Gaggin
    ✭✭✭✭
    The goal of relic matches is to kill as many as possible, the goal of chaos ball is to kill as many as possible, Flag games goal is to kill as many as possible.

Every match is deathmatch.
  • Scott_Sterlling
    I won a relic match by single handedly scoring all 5 and had 0 kills wasnt much death there, you can treat them like that, just expect your team to complain the entire time. Personally id rather just have the option to choose which mode vs random which really means I hope you like relic capture and bs flag capture.
    Edited by Scott_Sterlling on November 4, 2020 11:24PM
  • HalvarIronfist
    HalvarIronfist
    ✭✭✭✭
    Being able to Q as a party is great, but the 1 in 20 deathmatch's is ridiculous and the removal of being able to choose what you want. Its as if we are being forced now to play all the other modes because someone thought people actually enjoy these stupid capture games. Everyone plays battlegrounds usually for deathmatch. Now you have to deal with playing games that everyone leaves because they want a deathmatch. Make a deathmatch Q and those who want random will still have that, but for the majority, a deathmatch Q is needed.

I used to play a ton of high MMR deathmatch bgs, constantly. Sometimes games took up to TWO HOURS to queue. (Depending on time, mostly.) But usually took 15-25m for a queue even on good days.

Now I get almost 5m queues regardless of solo or group. Granted, there are most gamemodes and then overall more players, but I still run into a lot of the same higher mmr players.

Rather have a 5m queue than 25m queue, regardless of what im playing. It's not the end of the world.
  • Xiomaro
    Xiomaro
    ✭✭✭

I used to play a ton of high MMR deathmatch bgs, constantly. Sometimes games took up to TWO HOURS to queue. (Depending on time, mostly.) But usually took 15-25m for a queue even on good days.

Now I get almost 5m queues regardless of solo or group. Granted, there are most gamemodes and then overall more players, but I still run into a lot of the same higher mmr players.

Rather have a 5m queue than 25m queue, regardless of what im playing. It's not the end of the world.

This might also be a result of the MMR reset. I've been getting really quick queues but I know it'll slow down soon.
    PC EU No CP PVP
    Xiomaro: Nord Stamsorc
    Xio'maro: Breton Magsorc
    Falura Avelni: Dunmer Vampblade
    Ulric Longboi: Nord Stamden
    Sha'boom-boom: Orc Werewolf Tank
    Morga The Roarer Nord Stamcro
  • Scott_Sterlling
    I agree the qs dont take 2 long but, yesterday the empty teams continued, played an entire deathmatch wit 8 people, and one team nvr filled
    Edited by Scott_Sterlling on November 5, 2020 3:12PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xiomaro wrote: »

This might also be a result of the MMR reset. I've been getting really quick queues but I know it'll slow down soon.

I would bet on this. When I cam back from my hiatus my queues were popping, didn't take long to hit 15 min waits after
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • precambria
    precambria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem with objective modes is firstly they are just poorly designed for 3 way PvP, secondly the second people stop playing the objective and just rushing around it completely throws the entire balance of the match off, you get 1-3 people every game who are doing that and they make it impossible for the players who are trying to do objectives to really be able to, you also get entire 4 man groups doing this constantly. Other modes are just not that good or fun, even DM is very flawed but it is the only reason most people even do BG, this change needs to be reversed ASAP, whatever the logic was behind it has been an abject failure and they should have listened to us in the first place.
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They need to bring back the option to choose. The whole experience is being ruined by players with conflicting objectives. Keep solo or premade group option. If I have to wait longer in a queue, than that's just the way it is.
    Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like random games.
    It's so exciting and never boring.
    Enjoy killing with any rule.
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xiomaro wrote: »

I would bet on this. When I cam back from my hiatus my queues were popping, didn't take long to hit 15 min waits after

The only game that punishes you for queuing frequently.. The mmr system is so backwards.
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • precambria
    precambria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What they did has created one of the most toxic gaming environments I have ever seen, this needs to be changed ASAP what did they expect because as it stand you have angry deathmatch groups who have gotten 10 other modes in a row zerging solos and gy locking people.
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    not keen on BGs after the last patch dropped. It feels I'm too often pitched against unkillable players (mostly high health, proc set, arena weapons StamDens) leaving me in a state of permadeath;

the alternative is BGs where I could almost win by myself and trust me I'm no PvP champ!!

to sum it up: I hate the MMR system and every re-set is truly painful.
    Edited by Rhaegar75 on November 9, 2020 10:39PM
  • Scott_Sterlling
    Been enjoying this "awesome" content, bad enough pvp is how it is, 2 in a row I crashed to, so its time to fix your game not only is bg broken, seems like most of the game still is also.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Premade groups treat every match as Deathmatch, regardless of the actual game mode. Not sure what the problem is :D

In fact, premades ignoring these mechanics of other game modes is a distinct advantage to the pug groups, who are more likely to play the objectives.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every match is deathmatch, you know the rules ;)
  • Scott_Sterlling
    Either that or they hav a tank with 45k hp that can hold the ball forever