Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Is there a plan for Akaviri crafting style?

tangorn
tangorn
✭✭
I tend to like Japanese look on my weapons, played with buffed up blades sword in skyrim just for the looks..
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure it's something they're thinking about, but it'll probably be an expansion which deals with the Akaviri.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Trouvo
    Trouvo
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure it's something they're thinking about, but it'll probably be an expansion which deals with the Akaviri.

or even the blades? Least then you would have the katanas
    Bloodline|RP Guild|Ebonheart Pact
  • steven_shidiwenb16_ESO
    There is an Akaviri style Its the PVP armor in cyrodiil.
  • Phadin
    Phadin
    ✭✭
    There is an Akaviri style Its the PVP armor in cyrodiil.

If the models already exist, it should be easy to add it to crafting then.

• Nasuradin_ESO
    Nasuradin_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    While I haven't seen the akaviri style pvp armor I do remember that sees-all-colors and various other random fighters guild members wear an asian style armor set, I always found it funny how sees-all-colors seems to have a design that is made to look like cloth layers but is made from metal. I haven't seen it anywhere else in pve.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I haven't seen the akaviri style pvp armor I do remember that sees-all-colors and various other random fighters guild members wear an asian style armor set, I always found it funny how sees-all-colors seems to have a design that is made to look like cloth layers but is made from metal. I haven't seen it anywhere else in pve.

Pretty sure she wears Argonian armor...
    ----
    Murray?
  • dpayne83_ESO
    dpayne83_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    *Lore Lesson*

ESO takes place 2E 582. The Akaviri were active until 2E 572 when they invaded Morrowind and were stopped by the Tribunal and Houses of Morrowind. However, there's almost a 100 year gap when nothing is recorded until Ulvul Llaren, a dark elf slave working for master smith Nuulion, escapes the Summerset Isles, and reveals the screts to advanced Altmer forging.

So it may actually come out if they decide to implement advanced crafting technique books.
  • tangorn
    tangorn
    ✭✭
    So you say that historically the craft shall not be available yet, but there shall be plenty of katanas laying around in the drops since it is only 10 years since Akaviri activity :)