Lore Bugs 🐜 🐛 🕷

eMKa8
eMKa8
✭✭✭
Hi all

I am a completionist and would like to cover everything in ESO and still have a long way to go

I do notice regularly that i see the icon of a scroll or note or lore in the world , however it happens to some lore that i cannot find it anywhere !
Obviously i am not talking about the lore linked to quests. I also know that some lore is hidden in an underground dungeon etc (which you can see when hovering over the icon with your mouse)

So my question is , do you guys have this as well with some lore and books and notes ? I think it is a pity to have region of the map completely done , only to see the map with still 1 or 2 unobtainable lore.

What can i do to find them or fix the issue ?Restarting does not do the trick sadly

And trust me i have searched a lot around the place to check for the books.

Thanks for your help!
  • Aigym_Hlervu
    Aigym_Hlervu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not quite sure what books and notes icons do you mean, but.. The "icon of lore", "some lore hidden in an underground dungeon", "1 or 2 unobtainable lore", etc.?.. I'm not sure you were precise in the background of your question, because I see no sense in it yet. The lore has no icons. The lore is not a certain in-game object you can pick up and put it in your pocket - it surrounds you in every character you meet, in each dialogue line they say to you, you say to them, the lore is in the fields, in the design of different buildings, in the essence of the societies depicted in the game, the lore is solid and at the same time shows numerous perspectives on the same event it speaks of. You can't "obtain" it - you can only see it and understand it, or just pass by with not even a thought coming to your mind to pay attention to a tiny object of that world and think it over.

What lore glitches are you talking about? What exactly are you searching for in the books and those dungeons you speak of? Sorry, mate, but I it's either you described your question poorly, or it's just me unaware of something..
  • RemanCyrodiil_I
    RemanCyrodiil_I
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    -
    Edited by RemanCyrodiil_I on April 20, 2022 5:03PM
  • eMKa8
    eMKa8
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not quite sure what books and notes icons do you mean, but.. The "icon of lore", "some lore hidden in an underground dungeon", "1 or 2 unobtainable lore", etc.?.. I'm not sure you were precise in the background of your question, because I see no sense in it yet. The lore has no icons. The lore is not a certain in-game object you can pick up and put it in your pocket - it surrounds you in every character you meet, in each dialogue line they say to you, you say to them, the lore is in the fields, in the design of different buildings, in the essence of the societies depicted in the game, the lore is solid and at the same time shows numerous perspectives on the same event it speaks of. You can't "obtain" it - you can only see it and understand it, or just pass by with not even a thought coming to your mind to pay attention to a tiny object of that world and think it over.

What lore glitches are you talking about? What exactly are you searching for in the books and those dungeons you speak of? Sorry, mate, but I it's either you described your question poorly, or it's just me unaware of something..

Talking about lorebooks obviously and scrolls you can collect in the world ;-)
  • eMKa8
    eMKa8
    ✭✭✭
    Lore books spawn in different places for different players - usually in two-four different possible locations. The addon you're using just marks where other players have found it. Your version has likely spawned somewhere else (possible in a different zone entirely). Use google to find the different possible locations and check there.

Do you know any good site who provides the various locations of lorebooks?
  • RemanCyrodiil_I
    RemanCyrodiil_I
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    -
    Edited by RemanCyrodiil_I on April 20, 2022 5:03PM
  • MaurnaFrost
    MaurnaFrost
    ✭✭
    If you have an addon with eidetic memory on, you may be seeing books that aren't there yet due to quests