Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

One deathmatch

precambria
precambria
✭✭✭✭✭
In the entirety of today I have only gotten into a single deathmatch as a solo queuing for the non solo queue, the reason is NOBODY wants to do landgrab and they afk so it gives somebody else the queue. Please, PLEASE, allow us to queue for the mode we enjoy this is horrible, it was so much better before the solo queue was made but this is worse.
  • Recapitated
    Recapitated
    ✭✭✭✭
    So you don't even have a 1/5 chance of getting into deathmatch bc the landgrab instances keep trying to find people to fill?

I kinda thought this was going to dry up the population because people who queue a lot tend to queue deathmatch but if that's right then it's going to be even worse
    Edited by Recapitated on November 3, 2020 5:04PM
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    precambria wrote: »
    In the entirety of today I have only gotten into a single deathmatch as a solo queuing for the non solo queue, the reason is NOBODY wants to do landgrab and they afk so it gives somebody else the queue. Please, PLEASE, allow us to queue for the mode we enjoy this is horrible, it was so much better before the solo queue was made but this is worse.

If you are solo queuing in the group queue (l think that's what you're saying), you may be experiencing long queue times because only full groups are queuing. If only full groups queue, there will never be an open slot for you unless you get put on a team by yourself.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • precambria
    precambria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Naw I get in instantly because people crash and it opens up a slot, I'm not going to play a game that has a 1 in 5 chance to be fun.
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You could just do what I do and make every match a deathmatch.

Even funnier when you win, many team mates cry that you aren't holding hands on flags, but the other teams can't score if they're dead!

As a bonus, these land games go longer than deathmatches. You're capped at what 30 some-odd kills across your ENTIRE TEAM for a deathmatch?

I had 35 kills in chaosball and got the W. I don't really have a problem with the non-DM modes. Maybe they should increase the DM kill cap.
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • precambria
    precambria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's ludicrous, crazy king and chaos ball at least can force fights but the other 2 are utterly pointless NON pvp exploit filled garbo. People just afk out or don't try in those modes and it is screwing up the queue WAY more than allowing specific would.
  • BraidasNM
    BraidasNM
    ✭✭✭✭
    For me it's about 1/10
    Youtube

"I like to think of myself as the good cop and braidas as the bad cop. Hes the little devil on DC's shoulder, im the angel" -Subtomik
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My first two games were death matches, but my internet was so bad I couldn't really play them (2-3 second delays on basically everything, random warping around, etc...). 'Course, I normally just randomed before anyway, and would engage in PvP even if it wasn't necessarily the 100% optimal way to "win" the game at that point in time. It's annoying when you get players and teams that want to avoid combat at all cost, but that's certainly not every single non-DM game.
  • Scott_Sterlling
    Never had problems with empty teams until the ability to choose random vs picking between them was removed. I usually have to endure almost an hour before i get 2 deathmatch's. The irony is they set out to fix the Q issue and made it worse, never had empty teams until this.
    Edited by Scott_Sterlling on November 4, 2020 9:30PM
  • precambria
    precambria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Add to that if you do even queue with a full group and get a deathmatch, somebody will crash every time, today tried to do it and did not get a single game with a full team because of bugged queue or crashing in game.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hows the solo queue?
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hows the solo queue?
    Due to the MMR reset, and some possible confusion among the player base*, I don't think anyone really knows yet.

*I think a lot of people don't actually realize that the group queue isn't the solo queue. The group queue is the default, but it's simply labeled as random battlegrounds, with no mention of groups. My internet has been really awful for the last week and a half, thanks to tropical storm damage, but in the few games that I barely managed to lag my way through, there were a lot of apparently solo queued players in the group queue.
  • Malprave
    Malprave
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is why I quit battlegrounds right before Markarth launch. I had been really enjoying them but I knew what was going to happen. Exactly this. I want Deathmatch every time or I’m not going to bother. This isn’t frigging Halo. Forget the lame game types, we don’t have the population for it.
  • precambria
    precambria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not only is it not an option but it's also extremely rare to get death matches, I get more than 50% of my games as land grab, the mode I care about the least. Instead of giving us the option to block the ones we don't want just let us queue for the ones we do, my fear is it will take them 6 months to realize how big of a mistake this was when they get thousands of complaints about not being able to leave graveyard because a team that wanted a deathmatch locks them there, or about exploits in chaos ball, it doesn't have to take that long just return it to how it was or increase the deathmatch chance by a factor of 5 because as it stands it is the rarest bg to get by a massive long shot.
  • Orange_fire_dragon
    Orange_fire_dragon
    ✭✭✭
    I played for one whole night, 6 hours of BGs with about 5-10 minutes in que. Didn't see a single deathmatch entire night.
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Every second game i have is capture the relic. So annoying.
    Because I can!
  • MentalxHammer
    MentalxHammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We need a veto option
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now that ive played enough, its like DM has an even lower chance.

And its not like Im filling someone elses spot, its always from the beginning.

Also, theres a high chance of crashing whenever I grab a relic or chaos ball
    Edited by Waffennacht on November 26, 2020 12:25AM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds