The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

How can I make the crow sounds from Witches Festival Scarecrow stop even though I've removed it?

VelimOrthic
VelimOrthic
✭✭✭
Here is the order of progression.

1. I bought the Sinister Hollowjack Items furnishing pack
2. I placed the Witches Festival Scarecrow in Proudspire Manor
3. After the Holloween event, I tried to remove the Witches Festival Scarecrow. I placed it into my inventory.
4. The crow sounds from the Witches Festival Scarecrow were still audible everywhere in Proudspire Manor.
5. I thought getting it out of my inventory might eliminate the sounds. So I placed it in Antiquarian's Alpine Gallery.
6. The crow sounds from Witches Festival Scarecrow remained audible everywhere in Proudspire Manor.
7. I tried placing Witches Festival Scarecrow in a house outside of the Western Skyrim Zone.
8. The crow sounds from Witches Festival Scarecrow remained audible everywhere in Proudspire Manor.
9. EITHER: I tried placing the item in yet another non-Western Skyrim zone house, or I destroyed the item. I don't remember which.
10. The crow sounds from the Witches Festival Scarecrow remains audible everywhere within Proudspire Manor.

I would appreciate help on this matter. It is detracting hugely from my gameplay experience. Proudspire is the main house I enjoy working on, and has been ever since I acquired it.

Best Answer

• Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you certain that it is the scarecrow and not another furnishing? Specifically, the Wraith-of-Crows target dummy makes occasional crow sounds. I would check everything in the Retrieve furnishing list for anything you might have forgotten, even placed out of sight but still audible. Otherwise, if your manor is truly haunted (sorry, couldn’t resist!), then you’ll have to submit a ticket.
    Edited by Araneae6537 on November 9, 2020 7:28PM
    Answer ✓
  • VelimOrthic
    VelimOrthic
    ✭✭✭
    TYSM. It never would have occurred to me since the scarecrow had the actual crows flying around it, which seemed to be incredibly obvious as far as what would be the source. And to be honest, I just tucked the dummy into the corner of an unused upstairs room, next to a few other dummies. I plan to use them at some point. I guess.

No wonder all my guildies made fun of me and couldn't bring themselves to give an answer! In my defense I only bought the pack for the 3 jars. I could barely bring myself to decorate, but threw a few things up for the week including the scarecrow just because it seemed like it'd be a shame not to. Needless to say I didn't look into the items behavior.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @VelimOrthic I’m so glad that solved the problem for you and I do hope that you didn’t delete the scarecrow furnishing in your efforts to exorcise Proudspire Manor!

When I was decorating with this set, I first thought that the squawks were coming from the raven in the wreath until I removed that and deduced that it was the Wraith-of-Crows (it probably helped me that the target dummy awarded for last year’s dragon festival also makes noise — so that it sounded like my spooky house had a raven in the attic and a Balrog in the basement! :lol: ).
    Edited by Araneae6537 on November 12, 2020 6:02PM
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you still hear the screaming of the crows, Clarisse?
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.